Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts Lock please

Voltie — Moody Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/24 22:56:35 )
Batsy Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Lina: though i wish i had my own room as sometimes
it's hard to concentrate on art studies as my sister can be very chatty
and i just wish for her to be quiet but if i do it may come off as rude. :vanora_sweat:

I could probably spend several hours alone playing games or making art and studying art.
All I do is art or talk about k-pop.
But i only really talk to my sister about all those things as she is currently just
my only friend i have.

Donator — she/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/24 23:04:29 )

@MoodyBats: when I lived at home there was a cafe down the block and I used to walk over and spend hours on my laptop doing art. Just to get some alone time.

My sister is definitely my best friend. My only other real friend is Sergio, who actually moved in with us a few months ago because we were having trouble paying for everything. So now I live with everyone I like.

Voltie — Moody Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/24 23:06:28 )
Batsy Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Lina: i don't think we have any cafe's nearby.
Though the thought of going somewhere in public to work on art stresses me out lol.
But maybe one day I'll do it.
Plus...my tablet...is honestly too big to carry around. :vanora_sweat:

That's good. glad you live with people you like.
I honestly don't think I can live with anyone other than my sister.

Donator — she/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/24 23:18:53 )

@MoodyBats: I have a backpack with my laptop and drawing tablet and everything. It is a lot to carry, but I just don’t get things done at home. People never look at me or talk to me. I get a coffee and put on my headphones and sit in a corner with an outlet for hours. I even run to the bathroom and leave my stuff and nothing ever happens to it.

Sergio is my best friend, but it has been an adjustment having him with us. He’s very easy going and happy to do whatever we tell him to do, but he’s really bad at so many things. We asked him to do mopping as his chore and even when he does it (which is not often) you really can’t even tell he did anything. We basically just tease him non stop about what a terrible roommate he is. XD
But we have some spending money now and we don’t have to panic if something like a car repair comes up. When it was just us two my car broke down and needed a big repair and we had to borrow money from my mom. I like that we can at least support ourselves now.

Plus, it’s fun to have another person sometimes. We occasionally have a board game night or play video games together. We had a s’mores and scary stories night in mid summer for fun!

Voltie — Moody Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/24 23:29:30 )
Batsy Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Lina: my tablet cannot even fit in a backpack. It's too wide lmao.
But i am working towards getting a smaller one. Plus...IT HAS A DIAL.
In the summer i have to carry all of my art stuff downstairs as it gets super hot upstairs.
Though there is no comfortable place to draw so then i never draw lol.

Ah I see. I feel i am pretty good at cleaning. Currently both my sis and I can't work
unless it's freelance jobs. I currently am working a freelance job i can work from home for captioning.
My sister can't get a job due to menstrual problems which she potentially could have Endo. But we won't know
until we see a doctor and that costs a lot of money. It's all very complicated lol. So I kinda feel I'm the only one who can work
which is how i am trying so hard to get a start on art freelance career.

Ah that sounds fun. glad you have people that are good for you. If I could I'd love to have like a ton of roommates with friends.
Though first i'd need friends lol.

Donator — PomePome Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/24 23:32:24 )
now i want a coffe at 00:31 am because of this gif xD iam tired as hell xDD lord

Voltie — Moody Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/24 23:36:36 )
Batsy Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Miss Sandman: Lol that is the plan.
Make everyone want coffee at odd hours.

How are you? other than tired.

Donator — she/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/24 23:39:17 )

@MoodyBats: here are no desks or tables in my home, that’s probably another reason I leave to draw. It would be very uncomfortable to try and draw on the couch or in bed. XD

I can’t even imagine working freelance for art! It sounds so impossible to get paid to do art. There are so many great artists out there! I feel lucky people will pay me fake money on forums. XD

Making friends is really hard! Sergio I actually met through a coworker like 12 years ago. I haven’t made any new friends since.

Donator — PomePome Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/24 23:43:20 )
@MoodyBats: is very tired counting? xD no iam pretty comfy atm wraped in my blankets with my baby is kicking :D how about you??

Voltie — Moody Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/24 23:49:25 )
Batsy Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Miss Sandman: Ah that sounds nice.
Not sure about the baby kicking if that's uncomfortable though lol

I am pretty good. I am also tired.
I'm trying to plan out my first inktober prompt.
It should be easy but my brain i think has too many ideas that i have no idea
what to do lol.

@Lina: That makes sense. I have a desk but no real comfortable chair
so I have to draw in bed which could be good but also bad as it can be too comfortable at times lol.

Freelance art is possible as many do it.
As I know many artists who do it.
Plus some also just sell merch like prints and stickers.
And some do commissions so it kinda just depends what you want to do.

Yes it is. I am very bad at making friends. I'm not real talkative so i don't often text
or initiate the first text.

Donator — she/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/24 23:53:03 )

@MoodyBats: what kind of freelancing do you want to do? I get art/clothes/journals/etc from artists when I go to conventions. (A coloring book once too!) But even that seems so hard to get into.

Donator — PomePome Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/24 23:54:07 )
@MoodyBats: no its not uncomfortable =) for me it feels great because it shows that the baby is doing well ^^ it feels like your bowel is moving or tickling from inside! ^^

inktober....... sounds great this year i should participate :D i would love to draw something with a pumpkin head ^^

Voltie — Moody Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/24 23:55:29 )
Batsy Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Lina: i basically want to do merch.
Prints, stickers, zines, etc.

Commissions seem way too scary. I am kind of weak when it comes
to people saying rude stuff to me lol.

@Miss Sandman: Ah I see, that is good that the baby is doing well then.

YASSS. pumpkin head!
I made my own prompt as it's my very first time attempting it.
So I might put a hashtag, upload it and open my art account for it lol.

I'm proud of how i decorated. Even though it's quite basic.

Donator — PomePome Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/24 23:58:54 )
@MoodyBats: yuss maybe you will have this feeling too someday and think about me xD
how can you be so energetic dear? you definetly should show your art here ^^ iam curious if it will get an inktober contest on voltra
~Pls Ping me~
Nothing fancy to see here!!!

Donator — she/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/25 00:01:36 )

@MoodyBats: I’m such a sucker for artists who make useful things. Shirts, notebooks, coin pursse, lunch bags... I got a glasses cleaning cloth at the last convention I went to. It’s so cool to surround myself with cool art.

Voltie — Moody Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/25 00:08:40 )
Batsy Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Lina: that's basically my dream. having merch.
Though i really love k-pop and want to make k-pop prints
and maybe sell my art at K-con or maybe concerts.

I'm not sure if i want to do cons tbh.
My sister pretty much said she wants to be my manager
so she'll be helping out a lot as she really enjoys the process of helping make
the merch. But going to cons scares me because of some people who've had not great experiences lol.

@Miss Sandman: Lol maybe but i've overall given up on relationships and love
since it's honestly always ends up badly and i've had so many bad relationships that the last one
i was just DONE. XD

Funny thing is i am absolutely exhausted. But i'm trying not get so sad these days.
I actually have my art on here. I have an art gallery thread.
Though i haven't updated it recently. Not until I have more finished art pieces.
But since inktober is coming i might be pumping out a lot of pieces, who knows lol

I'm not sure if i'll post the prompt list here. I am sometimes not super active
or i get too nervous and run away lol.

Donator — she/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/25 00:21:13 )

@MoodyBats: my roommate Sergio has an artist friend who sells prints and pins at conventions. She seems to like it and do pretty well. I’m sure it depends on what conversation and what kind of things you sell.

The store I work at is Asian imports and we have a kpop section but I don’t like the newer hip hop kinda stuff. Super Junior is still my favorite, more pop sounding. I’m not a huge kpop fan though. We just have kpop radio on in the store sometimes.

Voltie — Moody Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/25 00:23:31 )
Batsy Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Lina: im probably only going to go to the one my state does
because i have no way of going to others.

That's fine most people i talk to don't like it so that's fine.
I'm a pretty big fan and like several groups lol.

Donator — she/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/25 00:36:05 )

@MoodyBats: do you think you’d get an Etsy or something once you have merch? Maybe I can order something from you.

What kind of designs would you do for merch? All I draw is like... people. But the stuff that’s my favorite to by is like beautiful koi fish journals or cats wearing witch hats on shirts.
Find me @ PlayWithErica on instagram, twitch, youtube, and discord.

Voltie — Moody Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/25 00:42:25 )
Batsy Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Lina: I'll probably do red bubble.
Etsy i'm not sure what their rate is for creators.
But i'll definitely have a place to have my work on things as right now i can't afford doing the prints myself
since supplies for packaging and printing can be pricey.

I'm not sure. I guess fun colorful painted portraits is one i definitely want to sell.
Maybe i'll do post cards for patreon one day or something. I haven't figured out all i want to do for patreon.
But i do want to make some of my helpful work for beginners available to them.

I do have a koi fish design so maybe that will be a sticker idea one day.
I'll have to figure out what else to add to it since it's looking very basic lol.
Probably also spoopy cute stuff too since my name is moody bats after all.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.