Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Artist Galleries SECRET ART EXCHANGE 2019 [GIFTS POSTED]

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/16 00:56:19 )

@Hachi: OMG you are doing this again this year?! This was my favorite Christmas thread last year! I am so happy! Thank you for organizing this! I haven't decided if I will join yet but I am really excited to see all the art that will come from this!

Always ping me please.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/16 09:17:13 )

@Q t e a p o n: ahh okay thank you so much! I hope this will convince more people to join
I'll give the volts back to you if we don't end up getting that many sign-ups, but I hope we do!
did you have any preferences on how I distribute the other prizes? like do you want it to be the same raffle, or a different kind of giveaway?

@Amber lynne: ME TOO it'd be great if the numbers increased from last year. I'm gonna try a lil harder to promote the event this time

@Lina: thanks for asking in advance!
your gallery thread can definitely be used as a request reference!
I looked over the rules and it's okay to use the bases for your gift. all you have to do is include that link when you submit your artwork.

@Saeyra: YEAH I'm really excited about all the art too
I hope you'll join again this year, but I understand if things are too busy on your end nonetheless I really appreciate the support!

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/16 09:19:31 )

@Hachi: Here's hoping~<3
I threw it in my post style, so MAYBE that will help? I'm not the most social, so I dunno... but... but maybe? XD

Honestly, best way to advert it might be to just hang out in a hangout thread and chat with peeps.
Best I can think of anyway. I dunno for certain. ^ ^:;;
(advertisement is NOT my forte. LOL)

♯ And I wonder what you've done to me || I've lost all my ability to think logically || I know I've never felt this way before || Like someone pushed me through a door || And there's no turning back ♯

Donator — she/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/16 09:23:51 )

Ooh, I was hoping this would come back again this year!
    You know I'm participating again!

Edit: I don't think editing pings will work but i don't want to double post xD
    @Hachi: I just submitted my app. c:
    Also, please don't enter me in any of the giveaway stuff. However, if you need volts for the sign-up bonus, I'm more than happy to help out!

Donator — she/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/16 23:47:08 )

@Totalanimefan: Thanks! I know it's allowed in your own thread, just wasn't sure about other people's threads. xD I should probably refresh myself on that rule. XDD
(ง •̀_•́)ง

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/17 16:47:18 )

@Amber lynne: DYING so I gotta be social huh... I'll try my best

@Valefor: approved, thanks for signing up! and got it, I'll leave your name out of the giveaways. and thanks for offering volts

@Totalanimefan: in real life or on here? I remember someone on another avatar site did a secret santa with items. It'd be cool if Voltra had a gifting feature for something like that!

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/17 16:48:48 )

Giveaway prizes have been updated to include some generous donations made by Qt!
Check it out on the front page!

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/17 17:33:34 )
@Hachi: Cool - sounds like fun! Count me in. I'll fill out the form ASAP and get it to you.
┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/17 17:40:39 )

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/18 00:19:16 )

@Wildfire: nice, looking forward to it

@Amber lynne: at some point I thought about telling people about it directly but is that pushy?? AFLKAJF I just think the event is more fun with more people also more art to look at....

@Totalanimefan: ahh that would be cool! you should totally do it

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/18 00:33:26 )

@Hachi: Oh totally.

And honestly, if you come across someone who arts and isn't already joined in, I see no issue with being like 'hey, if you're interested.....' and telling them about it.

But that's just me.
I also realise it ain't easy sometimes. ^ ^;;

But I don't think it's pushy if you just mention it. It's pushy if you KEEP telling the same person over. and over. and over. Especially if they've already expressed a lack of interest or something.

♯ And I wonder what you've done to me || I've lost all my ability to think logically || I know I've never felt this way before || Like someone pushed me through a door || And there's no turning back ♯
My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/18 15:40:30 )

@Amber lynne: that's reassuring asksjdl
I'll wait a lil bit and then I'll consider doing that
I was gonna advertise in the discord too but it seems much less active than before

@Totalanimefan: cool let me know when it's open! I'll stop by

Donator — she/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/18 20:03:58 )

@Hachi: I signed up!
Thanks for answering my questions!

Find me @ PlayWithErica on instagram, twitch, youtube, and discord.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/19 11:07:58 )

@Lina: approved, thanks!

@Totalanimefan: ahh the best advice I can give is to stay organized! I make spreadsheets to keep track of everything. Sending out assignments takes the most time, so try to give yourself enough time to do that.

From what I remember on other avatar sites, I think item secret santas usually had a price tier? So you could sign up to give/recieve gifts for the 1-5k range, 5-10k range, etc. Wishlists were also a thing, although I can imagine it'd be difficult if everyone is questing for rare items.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/19 14:43:06 )

@Totalanimefan: yeah that's definitely an issue I think maybe you just gotta have people write more general wishlists, or just get rid of the list altogether and make it a surprise. I like getting items even if they're not on my list, the surprise factor is the best part haha
And for the higher price tiers, you can have people give multiple items that add up to that price.

I think it's a cool idea so people would be interested! I remember it being pretty popular in the past.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/20 02:18:25 )
what a fun idea!! @Hachi: I've filled the form ;w;

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/20 06:35:58 )

@yoen: awesome! I think everything looks good, but the link to your second OC seems to be broken - I think you've got a lil bracket stuck at the end of that URL. if you could fix that, I'll approve your form!

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/20 06:41:19 )

@Hachi: fixed!! thanks ;w;

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/20 07:00:21 )

@yoen: approved, welcome to the event!
your characters are really cool btw

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/20 07:40:48 )

@Hachi:
yay thanks!!
theyre anime trashhh. ty tho ;;

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.