Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat My college officially reopened

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/27 04:51:58 )

I AM SO RUSTY
holy poop, I think the massage I gave tonight was worse than when I was brand new to this. I hope I get my rhythm back soon, cause I was on a really good jam before quarantine put a stop to my practices!

But I'm glad things are starting to get closer to normal. Bookwork classes are still online ~supposedly~ until late june, but we'll see if that ends up lasting longer.
As long as I can graduate on time ;;

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/27 05:40:58 )

Good luck!

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/27 06:08:23 )

Thank you~!
I am excited for all the bodywork practice for receiving
my right rotator cuff muscles neeeeeeed it

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/27 09:25:15 )
@jolly: aww bless it wont take you long getting back into it.. it will be like riding a bike .. once u know how u never forget..
I hope everything's getting ready to go back to some normality.. my nephews been back to school for over a month now

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/27 09:29:26 )
*:..o()o..:*  *:..o()o..:*

My uni only opens in September. They're letting us back in 4 stages and my group is stage 3, cause we really need practical work. It's really lacking right now DX
I really hope you get back into the swing of things! But I have no doubt that you will :D Massage was tricky when I did it, but with lots of practice is pretty cool

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/27 17:43:49 )

@lilmisskushy:
they say that about bikes but... the last time I tried to ride a bike I immediately fell off lmao
you CAN forget how to ride one, it just doesn't take long to relearn it. But that's just a silly side note xD

@superzombiepotatoe:
Oh, you've sudied massage before? I like hearing of others' experiences with it!
Last night was also pretty rough because the class and instructor were too loud, so it was near impossible to hear feedback from the classmate I was massaging. Meanwhile we're learning trigger point, which is pretty reliant on feedback lol so I mostly refreshed myself on swedish instead.

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/27 19:03:12 )
@jolly: yeah i havent been on a bike in so long I've probably forgotten how to and would fall flat on my face XD

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/27 19:07:28 )

@lilmisskushy:
Hhaha the people who watched me stumble gave me the benefit of the doubt that its just an old rusty bike that needs TLC.
So we spent like an hour literally grinding the rust off, oiling the chains, fixing the breaks on one side and everything.

stumbled all the same xD

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/31 01:05:42 )

@jolly: I did physiotherapy (physical therapy I think it's called in the US?) and we had a specific course dedicated to massage. I only did physio for a year before dropping out and the massage course was only 6ish months. So basically only learned effleurage, petrissage and something else, I can't remember what it was called XP I will say out of the whole physio experience, massage was the most fun/interesting, the rest was @_@
Sorry you had a rough night tho!! I can imagine that must have been frustrating, but you made the best of it \o/

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/31 03:57:34 )

@superzombiepotatoe:
I see, I could imagine that physiotherapy would be more intense. And yeah we usually call it physical therapy, but I hear it equally both ways in school. Our texts are pretty inconsistent with terminology xd

man though, I had a breath of relief when my dean said she wont push back my graduation even if I dont finish my internship hours on time. But then like, 3 days later she sent an email to all students that mentions graduations to be delayed until we finish internships. dsfkshdgk so now I'm panicking a bit cause I need 87 hours and no one will let me work on them for internships so far since we've been back ;v;;;

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/1 00:02:04 )

@jolly: Soooooo intense. I couldn't deal DX
That's super confusing tho!! I can relate, I have to do a kind of internship for the course I'm in as well, but we're on lockdown so @_@ But, they're 100% not gonna delay graduation, I just hope they figure out what we're doing soon. I hope your dean figures it out too!! Maybe you can talk to the dean about no one taking you??

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/1 04:24:33 )

@superzombiepotatoe:
Yeah I already messaged my mentor to ask for help on finding people I can work on. Or to get myself in the clinic faster so I can just go ham in there lol
I dont know how many clients they're getting right now.
What are you studying?

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/2 01:06:19 )

@jolly: Ah, great great, I do hope you get some clarity soon \o/ Although maybe that's wishful thinking, we're in very uncertain times DX
I'm studying Library and Information Studies, which is just a fancy way of saying I'm gonna be a librarian XDD

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/3 07:18:43 )
My college might not open til the pandemic is over. My country isn't rich so a lot of us don't have internet access or our own laptops

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.