Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Feedback Summer '20 Plasma Orbs Feedback Thread

Npc — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/1 18:38:37 )

Summer '20 Plasma Orbs (RIGs)

Hey Volties!

Your feedback is always really helpful and much appreciated, so we want to continue this trend with our Spring '20 Plasma Orb sets! Your feedback will help us rethink how we design and create these items.

This season's Plasma Orbs are:

Common Orb Summer ‘20 / 3000 volts

Knight | rare Priestess of Pie
Alchemist | common KDA Drew | Qt
Gunslinger | common KDA Drew | Qt
Berserker | common ghost
Dancer | common Frossy

Wide Set Eyes | very common Dipper
Unique Timberland | very common KDA Drew and Fozzy
Unique Cute Dress | very common ghost
Unique Raver Mask | very common KDA Drew, ghost, and Fozzy
Ombre Shy Bob | very common ghost

*Item created by artist | supporting artists / editors*
*Only a few unique patterns are shown in preview.*
*Artist credits are for unique pattern design, not item design and pixelation.*

Rogue Orb / 150 ohms

Rogue | rarest ghost
Beastmaster | rare Frossy
Cleric | uncommon Priestess of Pie | Frossy | Qt
Alchemist | common KDA Drew | Qt
Gunslinger | common KDA Drew | Qt

Bard Orb / 150 ohms

Bard | rarest Glume
Necromancer | rare Alethna | Qt | Lilypoo
Paladin | uncommon Qt
Berserker | common ghost
Dancer | common Frossy

Spring '20 Plasma Orb Collector's Bundle

Sightless Monk
Bean

Now we know that sometimes perhaps a set is not your cup of tea or doesn't fit your particular style, so try to look for things that we could use constructively. Like for example: If this pose was made this way and you could equip it like this then I would find use for that set more in my outfits. Or another example would be: This particular mod or pose is being repeated, I'd like to see x and y being offered as well.

★✩✩✩✩

In order to create a standard rating we will be doing a five star rating review. So for each set your reviewing do a 1/5 ; 2/5 ; 3/5 ; 4/5 ; 5/5 to let us know how much you like the overall set.

We are looking for feedback regarding the way the sets layer, originality, variety in poses, etc. But don't restrict yourself to these categories, those are just some suggestions for the direction you can take your feedback in.

We do ask that you try to keep your feedback constructive and don't just say "It looks bad, I don't like it." As it's not very useful to us.

Here is a template we put together for you to use.

[align=center][spoiler=[b]Common Orb Summer'20 (Overall)[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]]
[b]Knight[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

[b]Alchemist [/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

[b]Gunslinger [/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

[b]Berserker [/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

[b]Dancer [/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

[b]x5 uniquely recolored/patterned commons[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

[/spoiler]
[spoiler=[b]Rogue Plasma Orb(Overall)[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]]
[b]Rogue [/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

[b]Beastmaster [/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

[b]Cleric [/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

[/spoiler]
[spoiler=[b]Bard Plasma Orb(Overall)[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]]
[b]Bard [/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

[b]Necromancer [/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

[b]Paladin [/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

[/spoiler]
[spoiler=[b]Summer '20 Plasma Orb Collector's Bundle[/b]]
[b]Sightless Monk[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

[/spoiler][/align]

Thank you for taking your time to write this feedback, you are being very helpful!

Voltie — Lil' Birb Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/20 23:01:53 )
I wonder if this thread will get any traction if I bump it into the active topic section....GIVE US YOUR FEEDBACK YOU LOVELY VOLTIES

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/23 04:46:43 )

I didn't even see this thread. I'll try to tell others about this thread and I will leave feedback when I have the time.

Voltie — Lil' Birb Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/29 06:42:56 )
@totalanimefan: Yaaaaas spread the word haha! These starving artists love some feedback ;D

Art by Uncledaddy!

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/29 06:53:57 )

@Frossy: I will. I'll post it in my thread. Also I said that I would leave feedback so I'll do that tonight.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/29 09:14:50 )

Knight
★★★★✩
It's great but like most of these Western RPG classes, I'm done really well, but just not for me. I'm glad that you did this theme though!

Alchemist
★★★★✩
Super cute and I like that it's a common. I feel like it's hard to match the potions with other items, but I really like the potions.

Gunslinger
★★★★★
Cute poses, pixeled well. I like it

Berserker
N/A
I haven't played around with this item yet sorry.

Dancer
★★★★✩
Seems cool. Pixeled well.

x5 uniquely recolored/patterned commons
★★★★★
These to me are super awesome and always be favorite part of the common orbs.

Rogue
★★★★✩
Nice poses, pixeled well. I haven't made an avatar with it yet.

Beastmaster
N/A
I don't have this one yet, sorry. But it looks super awesome

Cleric
★★★✩✩
I like it. I haven't used it much. It seems cool but bulky?

Bard
★★★★★
I like it and the poses and I like the effect the clothes have.

Necromancer
★★★★★
This one is done really well and has cool poses!

Paladin
★★★★✩
I like that it's not bulky and I really like the light ring that comes up from the bottom!

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/29 19:28:16 )

Knight
Very well rendered. Maybe a little more detailing with the blue to keep it from being too monochrome.
★★★★✩

Alchemist
Cute! I love the grape/mint combo and the design is fun.
★★★★★

Gunslinger
Not a huge fan. If the theme is rpg classes I think the fantasy element could've been pushed a little more in the gun design. The hair is nice though.
★★✩✩✩

Berserker
Fluffy! Cute and fun! I love the bear hoodie. :3
★★★★✩

Dancer
I could see myself using pieces from this and it's got a lot of great details.
★★★★✩

They seem solid but nothing I would personally use.
★★★✩✩

Rogue
The little stick legs are a no go for me. The hair is awesome!
★★★✩✩

Beastmaster
Love! The tiny details like the birdcage and the stitching really sell this.
★★★★★

Cleric
I can see individual pieces being utilized well but as a whole it comes off very meh. I'm having trouble placing my finger on what I don't like.
★★★✩✩

Bard
What a great pattern! The whole style says "flamboyant". I think you really captured the spirit of the bard.
★★★★★

Necromancer
Not a color combo I would've chose but it is very well rendered.
★★★✩✩

Paladin
★★✩✩✩
It's got some great pieces but it doesn't feel cohesive as a whole. The blue/gray are are to similar in color so from a distance the impression is a floating helm in a sea of blue/gray.
~Instagram! Twitter!~

A Big Ole Quest Thread

Ping me, I'm easily distracted

Voltie — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/10 21:12:20 )

Note: I'll be adding my reviews in for each item here and there, and I'll remove this note when I've completed all of my reviews~

Knight
★★★★✩
I think the three color schemes available for this item are all nice and offer a good variety. The silver and blue could be used for a normal knight or a good knight, the gold could be used for a good, light, or holy knight, and the darker color scheme could be good for a dark or evil knight. As for the poses, I think all of the basic knight attire is accounted for, and there's a sword too of course. Generally, I like this item a lot. I'm not sure if I'll use it much, but it reminds me of my Runescape days when I had my character on there walking around in armor half of the time. The sword and shield would probably be the poses that I'm most likely to use.

Alchemist
★★★★★
I think this item is really nice. It has a good variety of color options and the poses are all good. To be honest though, I think I'm missing a reference with this item due to the cat theme. When I think of an alchemist I usually think of people trying to change metals into gold, immortality, and such, but again, it's pretty obvious that this is just some sort of reference that I'm missing when it comes to this item, so I can't say much in regards to the theme. I do think all of the poses match well with their cat characteristics though. Items based on animals are always nice.

Gunslinger
★★★★✩
The color schemes are all pretty good. I particularly like the multicolored one; I feel like it gives the item a bit more depth. I kind of have mixed feelings about the leg pose though. The shorts, socks, and shoes all being the same color kind of puts me off a bit, although I can see how it could be better for matching purposes.

Berserker
★✩✩✩✩

Dancer
★✩✩✩✩

★✩✩✩✩

Rogue
★✩✩✩✩

Beastmaster
★✩✩✩✩

Cleric
★✩✩✩✩

Bard
★✩✩✩✩

Necromancer
★✩✩✩✩

Paladin
★✩✩✩✩

★~~Questing~~★

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/15 21:22:48 )

Knight
★✩✩✩✩
There was a lot of potential for this to be a great set, but ended up kind of disappointing.

Considering it's a rare set I would've expected an interesting pose, some special engraving details, or generally something more special than what we got. Not only was the design pretty simplistic, there was a lot of possibilities in what you can do to make it a very memorable set.

The sword should've had separate colors for the hilt pieces, like a gem tone in the spot in between the cross-guard, a coal-colored grip for the base color, and the cross-guard and pommel getting their own color. The anatomy is still good, just the coloring annoys me.

The shield for the most part is just fine, but could've done with some embossment and maybe some studs.

In design, the suit was also just fine, it could've used more visible chainmail, decorative cloth and some sort of secondary color acting as engravements or something to make it look more interesting.

Overall nothing much about this set feels special or justified for being a rare set, and if it didn't come along with the common orb, I wouldn't go out of my way to get it.

Alchemist
★★★★★
I love this one! The little smokey patter on the cloak, the nice color swatches for each separate color pose, and the floating book and bottles. The cat ears of the cloak are super adorable, and I love the small details with the shirt collar under the cloak and what I assume is a cat skull on the front of the book. Definitely a unique set that will get plenty of use.

Gunslinger
★★★★✩
Another lovely one. I've seen the leg poses used all over the place, and it's popular for a reason! The hairstyle is cute and the different color sets are really nice. The color of the gun in the main color set should've been different since brown doesn't really fit "gun" as much as "crossbow" in my mind and I keep picturing it that way.

Berserker
★★★★★
I might be a little biased with this considering I have a problem with my love for old Norse culture. In short: I love it!!! It's really easy to tell the set is and event though it's not super detailed, it captured "Berserker" very very well. Only difference I would've made was to give the set the two smaller axes that are seen more frequently rather than the one big axe, but it isn't at all that big of a deal.

Dancer
★★★✩✩
I definitely love the post on this one, however the design is a little confusing and hard to work with. The biggest problem item is the leg pose. I tried to look for some sort of reference in order to figure out what it was going for, but I couldn't find any type of dancer that has pants like those other than a bad costume. Usually the dancer class has a flowing skirt, mostly referencing classic Romani dancer styles, sometimes with poofy cotton pants underneath the skirt. If the legs didn't have the translucent material on them they would probably be a lot easier to use.

★★★★★
I love these!! I'm also super happy to see some of my unique commons ideas were used in this . The unique Timberland was really clever.

Rogue
★★★★✩
I don't have too much to say other than it's got a very cool-looking design and it's easy to get the rogue vibe from this one. The belt should be swapped with the setup the Beastmaster set has since they feel more appropriate on each other.

Beastmaster
★★★★✩
Glad we got some sort of floor decorations, as well as an owl. Like I said before, the belt bit on this set and the belt bit on the Rogue should've been swapped since they feel more appropriate that way. The legs also seem a tad stubby and short, but it's fine considering the feathers had to fit the frame as well. The kneepads are off but not a big deal.

Cleric
★★★✩✩
This set is super cute! But I don't think it works for a cleric type. The mittens confuse me since I don't think I've ever seen mittens on a cleric type. The robes feel very dress-y rather than robe-y, it could've done with a proper sash rather than just a belt, and the collar thing should've been connected to some sort of cape thing.

Bard
★★★★★
This set is soooo fun! I don't really have anything to complain about this one, I love how dynamic it feels and the pattern on the cloak and hat are really cool looking.

Necromancer
★★★★✩
I love this one, it's super cool-looking and I appreciate so much of it. Thank you for bringing more of the plum-eggplant-sea-midnight color scheme back since it's a really cool-looking one that should get more use (I know it was also in a Bard scheme but thought I would mention it here since it's the main). Separate bug and skull items should've been in the set along with the original item, but I'm perfectly okay with the main thing on its own.

Paladin
★★★✩✩
The background piece for this one is absolutely beautiful, a huge kudos for that. The leg pose is also awesome and it will be fun to use the colors for non-base skin tones. The problem I have with this one is the fact it gets hard to tell what exactly is going on in the torso pose bit, it was really confusing when I first looked at it and I couldn't quite understand what was happening. I assume this is mostly due to coloring , but I'm not entirely certain. It definitely feels like it's own thing, however, and I can't think of anything that is similar in any way.

Sightless Monk
★★★★✩
I don't have a lot to say on this since I'm not super familiar with the subject, but I really like these separate pieces in the suit, and I can see a lot of versatility to a few of them.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.