Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Literature re-reading The Last Hearled-Mage of Valdamair.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/29 00:35:40 )
Questing: Soulcaster | Fall Harvest | Snowboarder | Capricorn | Scorpio | Berry Citrus | Cybernetic Guard | Year of the Tiger | Fabled Beauty | Dreams of Delight

its a series by Mercedes lackey and one of my favorite the main character is Vanyal, the oldest son of a 'lord'.
the poor boy is wholey unfit for where his father's shoving him, so in a fit of pique, he's sent to his aunt savil who's a Hearled Mage, and was chosen, it's actually very interesting 'nods'. i especially love her music to.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/29 01:35:52 )
I've read a few of those, they were very good !
I think the ones with Talia and Princess Elspeth are my favorites that I read.

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/4 06:12:38 )

@star2000shadow: OMG You like MERCEDES LACKEY???? I LOVE her books! I own like pretty much all of her books. I loved that trilogy. I even had the 'song' of Vanyel at the end memorized at one point.

"Oh, the tired horror!"

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/4 06:16:44 )

Questing: Soulcaster | Fall Harvest | Snowboarder | Capricorn | Scorpio | Berry Citrus | Cybernetic Guard | Year of the Tiger | Fabled Beauty | Dreams of Delight | Chrysaora Witch x1 | Heartbreak Coffin x1

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
Crystalkitsune85:

@star2000shadow: OMG You like MERCEDES LACKEY???? I LOVE her books! I own like pretty much all of her books. I loved that trilogy. I even had the 'song' of Vanyel at the end memorized at one point.

"Oh, the tired horror!"

Yes I read Mercedes lackey im making my way through the storm trilogy right now 'nods' thou gh the first part is darn dry 'makes face' and is making i thard to get into it.. and i LOVE vanyels song.. i thought stefan did a great job putting that together. <:3( )~~

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/4 06:19:21 )

@star2000shadow:

I was like 15 when I first found her books at the Library. Then as an adult I've been trying to collect all the books. I think besides the Founding series (Black/White/Silver Gryphon) my other favorite is Owlflight, Owlsight, Owlknight. Darien Firkin K'Vala. I actually made a fan fic off that trilogy and called it Owllight. It was what happened at the end of the last book lol.

"Oh, the tired horror!"

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/4 06:23:14 )

Questing: Soulcaster | Fall Harvest | Snowboarder | Capricorn | Scorpio | Berry Citrus | Cybernetic Guard | Year of the Tiger | Fabled Beauty | Dreams of Delight | Chrysaora Witch x1 | Heartbreak Coffin x1

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
Crystalkitsune85:

@star2000shadow:

I was like 15 when I first found her books at the Library. Then as an adult I've been trying to collect all the books. I think besides the Founding series (Black/White/Silver Gryphon) my other favorite is Owlflight, Owlsight, Owlknight. Darien Firkin K'Vala. I actually made a fan fic off that trilogy and called it Owllight. It was what happened at the end of the last book lol.

"Oh, the tired horror!"

the owl series is another favorite to, that kid had it hard in the begining him and his teacher.. i felt bad for him. <:3( )~~

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/4 06:26:58 )

@star2000shadow:

There are some I own, that I haven't even read yet. The Winds of Fate series. Oath Bound I read the first two, but not the third. Storm Warning series I've not read. There are also some one offs that I enjoyed. Take a Thief and Brightly Burning. Brightly Burning was sad :<

"Oh, the tired horror!"

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/4 06:28:50 )

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ @Crystalkitsune85: I know right.. brightly burning is another favorite, take a theif, i like the 'founding' series, or well, the colloguim ones with mags.. dang his life was hard from the get goe, i'v eonly read up to the second book on that though so i really wanna get the rest. <:3( )~~

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/4 06:39:40 )

I think I"m only missing a couple books. I really enjoyed how you really don't have to read the trilogies in any particular order. But I also like how the other books make mention of other characters in the past. There was one series, I'm not sure which one, actually had the ghosts of Vanyel and Stephen talking with one of the characters. I don't remember if it was Elspeth or someone else. And OMG are Companions sooooo pretty. They're like unicorns without horns. Iridescent looking coats and big blue/purple eyes. And they're as intelligent as humans...

"Oh, the tired horror!"

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/9 12:47:15 )
This is exactly

SOMEONE KNOWS THESE BOOKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what you think it is.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/9 17:55:22 )
This is exactly

I got introduced to the books when I was 11, started with The Last Herald-Mage trilogy. And I really loved it. I didn't really get into some of the later series though. I guess the first series 'cause Last Herald-Mage was written much later as a prequel. The series that comes after the Queen trilogy, the characters just got crazy levels of annoying. But I did not abandoned Ms. Lackey, just switched over to her 500 Kingdoms series.

what you think it is.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.