Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/26 16:50:06 )

yeah all the outdoor patios and stuff are open here too
    but i wouldn't risk it
    i've done takeout a few timessss i wanna get some today too hrhhfhgh

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/26 16:54:51 )
════════════════ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

oh i love diners ^^
something about how casual the atmosphere is
i think it'll be a while before things feel "normal" here so i've been trying to adjust my lifestyle instead :-p

whacha gonna get for takeout ^^

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ════════════════════════

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/26 17:04:18 )
I'm still amazed that theme parks think it's okay to open here. That's just asking to get sick. =n=

How's everyone today?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/26 17:17:58 )
@xvz: My grandmother-in-law. Haa.
It's been a very long time since I've had brunch. I'm really looking forward to it, though it seems really late now. I'm so hungry. Ahhh.

@pachi: I am literally going to eat all the food! * Q*
We still have to eat outside, I'm pretty sure. And it's supposed to be 96F today, so help me. ;;;;

@lina: Glad to hear you're doing well!
Ahhh, yeah. Everything is still pretty much closed now. I don't think anyone is allowed indoors at all. ;;;
I drew a lot, if that's anything! Played a lot of mobile games? I feel like I haven't been doing too much. I also took up a professional development course type thing, so that has taken up 2 weeks so far. My trip to Japan was cancelled, so we're trying to plan another time we can go now. q v q

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/26 17:36:07 )
Local diners can be great, or awful. It seems to really depend if they care about being cheap or fresh more.
The one we went to was wonderful though. I got pancakes because diner pancakes are just the best kind!
My sister got a fancy grilled cheese that she said was great and I stole some of her fries which were amazing!
And our friend got a burger that he thought was amazing. So I'd say they are a really good diner!

@Yandere: Stores reopened here in June. Masks are required in the state anytime you leave the house, and we are limiting how many people are allowed inside places, but it is open. So I've been back to work since June. We have shorter hours and lots of hand sanitizer. It's nice to be more back to normal though. I was going stir-crazy just being at home. And just this last week or so, restaurants have been allowed to open their indoor seating, with very limited capacity. They want people no where near each other. But I do feel bad for restaurants that don't get a lot of take-out orders because they must be suffering.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/26 17:37:49 )
I love diners because they tend to serve breakfast all day, and they have just about anything you could be craving.

I'm glad the forums are picking up in general. More ways to earn volts!!

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/26 17:42:18 )
When an event comes, people come out of hiding and start posting more all over.
They're still here and active when there isn't an event, but I think we all tend to hang out in a few particular forums or threads.
It's good to see people excited and active together though!!

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/26 17:44:32 )
Yep yep, I love that too lol. Lately I've been feeling more social and posty, so hoping I can keep up with the rush haha.

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/26 17:54:48 )
I usually pick a few threads to post in during the event, and if it's too crazy I go down to 1.
And if there's a slow moment, I just post in them all! D:<

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/26 17:57:41 )
I tend to stick to just a few threads as well, that way I don't get too overwhelmed.
I'm curious if all the EIs will be available to everyone eventually, or if we'll have to trade with each other.

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/26 18:02:41 )
In the community discussion they said the camp team items will be granted to each person free when they pick a team.
But at the end of the event, they'll all be added to the shop and you can buy all of them.

So don't worry, you can get a full set!

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/26 18:05:39 )
Oh good!
I'm not opposed to the idea of trading, but that makes me feel better that they'll all be available. I love that EIs here have multiple poses and that they look like they could be items you pay real money for. I've never seen that in all my years on avi sites, and it's refreshing.

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/26 18:09:45 )
I completely agree! The first few events they were only one pose.Well... they still had just as many poses really, but spread out over more items. I think they just didn't think to make them multi pose yet. But it's really a brilliant idea. Every item is really interesting and well made. I love how much effort the artists out into everything!

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/26 18:13:21 )
Yeah, the artists do a really great job with their items. I'm a bit bummed that I didn't find this site sooner, but it's all good. I may donate in the near future to see if I can buy some goodies.

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/26 18:17:53 )
Lots of people sell older items, so you shouldn't have too much trouble finding them, depending on the item.
There are a couple really hard to find ones, like everyone left the same month or something. XD
But mostly it's not too bad. Even easier if you have Ohms!

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/26 18:20:01 )
lol I feel that's true of any site. But I feel if you have enough determination, you can get anything you want.
I'm so close to having enough to afford my current quest item (a Soulcaster) but I don't see any on the current threads in the MP, so looks like I'll have to make a buying thread when I get the funds.

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/26 18:22:56 )
Sometimes people don't know they're selling until they find the right person buying. XD
I'd also love a soulcaster, but it's not my #1 right now.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/26 18:24:44 )
Hopefully that'll be the case with me. xD It'd be my luck to want a hard-to-find item for my first expensive quest lol.

It took me a while to decide to quest this item, but I really love the poses on it. I think after I get it, I'll just try to buy a bunch of cheap multipose items so it'll feel like I have more in my inventory to work with lol.
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/26 18:33:44 )
Sometimes having a quest thread will help.
People are sometimes more likely to sell to a quest than a regular buying thread.
Find me @ PlayWithErica on instagram, twitch, youtube, and discord.

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/26 18:45:27 )

@yandere: OOOF good luck in that weather x-x i was gonna go outside today too but lol nvm that temperature is too high

@totalanimefan: stay not 6ft but 12ft away LOL godspeed

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.