Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Job Update: Not sure what to think honestly

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/15 00:36:30 )
So, this job is at a photography company. The position I applied for was a full time/seasonal clerical and with a knowledge of photoshop/photo editing a plus (which I've got). The owner, who was doing the hiring, said that they couldn't pay me what I was making at my previous job and I said I was flexible on the pay. He said he'd get back to me. As I was leaving he called me back into his office and said he could pay me the 10/hr for the clerical position and would bump me up to 12/hr if I would agree to be trained to take photos. I agreed.

I worked a total 8 hrs this week on camera training. I am supposed to train 12 more hrs next week. I asked when I would be training for clerical work and my trainer said that they needed photographers more. Apparently it can be very good pay when you go out on a job but like... a big chunk of their jobs are school photography... and well, pandemic.

I guess I'm going to have to get back with their "HR" person or the owner to clarify but I have a bad feeling that the answer is going to be different than the job I was offered :|

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/15 01:36:54 )
"Don't ask your questions to the wall..."

That's a really terrible situation - it's really suspicious that they offered you one job and you ended up getting a different one??? I'd tread carefully tbh

"They keep their secrets locked inside."

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/15 03:11:28 )
@0v7: It's a family run company so like, I'm hoping the owner just didn't convey to HR what my position would be. But I need a full time job. I've got enough money till the end of this month and that's it. I would honestly rather have the full time at 10/hr

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/15 03:14:44 )
"Don't ask your questions to the wall..."

@Lilykin: I hope it works out D: Maybe it was a communication error?

"They keep their secrets locked inside."
I quit Voltra. Read my profile.

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/15 04:08:12 )
@0v7: That would be ideal, but my hopes are pretty low at this point orz
~Instagram! Twitter!~

A Big Ole Quest Thread

Ping me, I'm easily distracted

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.