🌈 You gotta be bold, you gotta be wiser
You gotta be hard, you gotta be tough, you gotta be stronger
You gotta be cool, you gotta be calm, you gotta stay together
All I know, all I know, love will save the day🌈

How long can a girl be shackled to you
How long before my dignity is reclaimed
How long can a girl stay haunted by you
Soon I'll grow up and I won't even flinch at your name.

So often our innocence, our youth is robbed from us. Someone comes along and steals a beautiful piece of us. They collect and keep and steal and put us away in their jar of hearts. But how long before we reclaim our power? Or do we? Do we allow them to hold that power? Or will there be a day that you, you reading this, no longer flinch when you hear their name?

Recently something was stolen from me. Someone I dearly loved took both hands, grabbed at me and ran. Someone new has since came along, kind and patient, but dealing with the aftermath of those who came before. They are now being robbed in this relationship because i felt as if i could not provide a critical piece to the relationship. Tonight i realize i must reclaim my power. I refuse to let someone amazing get short changed because someone else inflicted harm and stole from me.

And their name is akin to that of a rose and though i fell in love and felt the prick of their thorn, i refuse to continue on in life and flinch when i hear their name!