Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/1 16:31:44 )
@Wildfire: I'm going to wait until afternoon and see if we get some sun before I drive off to the shop. CX
My roommate works at a car parts store and she told me to stop by so she can do a quick look-over.

other than car concerns, I just need to tidy up my kitchen and put chemicals in the hot tub today.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/1 16:38:37 )
@Another Movie Addict: Ooof! That's a complication, isn't it? Hopefully it's a temporary one.

@Koah: Right... I guess you don't exactly have the sun shining bright right now, do you? XD Time zones...

It sounds like you have a fairly normal-easy day planned. I hope all goes well and you can relax a little bit.

Today, I have some work to do on the computer that I'm trying to get done now... and there's some laundry going through its cycle. I should probably spend some time in the garden, digging up certain areas, replanting a couple things and putting starter seeds in my soon-to-be (if it grows) herb garden... and there's an errand I should run... and I need to check a couple things for my son and whether or not he's going to finish that A.A. (stupid online classes for Spanish /grumble/)...

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/1 16:48:12 )

@Wildfire: Hopefully.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/1 16:53:44 )
Yes, definitely.
So how is Mom doing? I hope there are no likely complications for her going forward...?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/1 16:56:09 )

No. She's stressed, and obviously in a good deal of pain. Not so happy about not being truly independent right now.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/1 17:00:25 )
Yeah, I can completely understand that. I'm sorry she's not dealing with the pain or dependence very well. Hopefully she'll be able to relax and heal quickly :3 I'm glad there's no expected complications from this situation though!! <3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/1 17:31:15 )
LOL - yeah, but we're not out of the water yet in terms of temperature and "winter" XD

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/1 21:06:25 )
    @Wildfire: I don't mind the cold too much, but man, that summer heat kills.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/1 21:20:12 )
@blue: Oh how cute is that??!!! <3 <3 Thank you - it's adorable!

Yes... the heat can be really nasty. I'm definitely enjoying the cooler weather right now... but I'm in a subtropical climate - my "winter" is more what Spring/Fall-Summer is for most of the rest of the U.S. It's at least 70*F outside right now where I am...

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/2 13:06:35 )

Good morning.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/2 16:44:30 )
Good Morning.
Blue is at it again with amazing avi artwork. *O*

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/2 17:33:07 )
@Koah: good morning. How are you today?
Yes - isn't it absolutely adorable?! <3

I was outside gardening. I planted some okra, some herbs and lettuces, and I replanted the little blueberry bush. Twice. And I mulched (which, because I'm using leaves as a natural mulch and soil enhancer right now means that I also raked a good bit of the yard). And I fed the birds (and, apparently the squirrels).

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/2 19:24:49 )

@Wildfire: Yikes :/
But I'm glad everyone has recovered from it and now we're most likely immune at the stupid virus :D

I have 100% recovered now woo~

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/2 20:53:35 )
    I would like to be reincarnated as a slug in your garden.
    Or maybe just a little bug. Or a chicken.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/3 15:22:14 )
@Purpsy: yay for natural immunity! :D I'm glad you're feeling better :3

@blue: Awww... as long as you don't eat my vegetables! XD I wish I had room for a handful of chickens... or goats... I would definitely keep them if it were possible. :3

Good morning.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/3 16:15:27 )
Our plan is to eventually have chickens or guineas. :d We need to either wait until we have less dogs, or have enough money to build a secure coop.

Good Morning. This week is going by too quickly. holy moly.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/3 16:18:54 )
Oh, that's awesome! <3

And yes, this week is ... basically gone already and part of me is still thinking it's Monday or maybe Tuesday. I have been at least a day behind all week! What's up with that?? LOL!!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/3 16:26:52 )
That's exactly what I've been feeling! My brain keeps trying to convince me it's Tuesday this morning. OTL
I've had my nose in a book the last 2 days. lol. Maybe, that's the cause of my days-off feeling.
I finally decided to try and read the ever-so-popular A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas. I read the Assassin's Blade series- Throne of Glass by her a few years back and I enjoyed it. This new series feels like ... Beauty and the Beast meets Hunger Games. XD

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/3 17:00:24 )
My head has not been in a book all week, but I still feel behind in terms of timing this week.
I think I read that Assassins Blade series a few years ago... it sounds really familiar somehow.

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/3 17:37:59 )
I have finished the book. All done. I'm going to end up buying the second one. Cx
Sarah J Maas has a way of making series that gain a lot of popularity. Assassin's Blade was pretty popular before Court Of Thorns and Roses hit it off.
It was a nice break from reality this week.

How's your morning going?

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.