Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/17 21:01:51 )
@MoodyB: well, at least you have a backup plan and a place to crash, but yikes! That's rough. I really hope things go smoothly for you guys, though :3

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/17 21:44:03 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: yeah just really do not want to
move in with grandparents as grandfather extremely not fun to live with
and i'd have to be on my toes 24/7 and no idea if i'd even be able to create as it would be seen as being "lazy"
or too "absorbed" in my technology despite..its kinda my job lol

hopefully something good comes. all the good places are on the bad side of town.
would love to find a place that allows cats.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/18 14:19:02 )
@MoodyB: That sounds like pretty good incentive to find a place of your own, but it would still be better than not having anywhere to go at all, right?

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/18 14:23:41 )

Good morning. I slept late again today - must be needing it for some reason - so I'm a little groggy at the moment, which is to be expected, I guess... but I have things to do today! Gardening and errands and crafts, and cleaning up the house... ugh. :/ Maybe I'll just stay here and hang out all day - LOL. Or, more likely, things will change once the coffee kicks in! :3 XD

Speaking of... goodies, anyone?
........???
...and of course, your choice of caffeine:

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/18 16:18:36 )

◦✹ Good morning! You've been sleeping late recently too? Same here (・ε・`*) …
I also have things to do but I honestly want to be lazy today pfft. I'll get things done... eventually lel

*takes the and * ✹◦

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/18 17:26:06 )
@Purpsy: Hi Purpsy. Yeah, I got up at 9 again this morning, which is late for me. I must need the sleep. It sounds like you do too :3 It's better than not sleeping, imo... which I've also been known to do recently.

Yeah, I have stuff to do today. I was just digging around in my garden for a little bit. I'm covered in dirt atm - lol! ... but I was hungry, so I made myself some breakfast/lunch/brunch/whatever, then shower and go about my way doing my errand(s). I wish I could postpone it, tbh, but since it involves my vehicle and all kinds of lights suddenly lighting up on the dashboard, it's not something I want to postpone.

So, have you decided to postpone your "stuff to do"... or are you going to do it and get it over with?

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/18 17:38:44 )

◦✹ @Wildfire: Still not deciding yet xD
I should at least least sort some dirty clothes to do laundry for tomorrow. Gawd it sucks when I'm like this and I know is caused by my abnormal sleep schedule. That's what I get for reading so late at night on wattpad...

Other than that I kind of want to go back to sleep again but I shouldn't =A= ✹◦

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/18 18:11:30 )
@Purpsy: I understand what you're going through 100%. It's that semi-zombie mode from not enough sleep... and you're awake enough that sleep isn't really an option for you (especially at this point in the afternoon, or it will just make things worse) but you're just asleep enough that being productive just isn't likely to happen. :( I'm sorry. I hope you can get some good sleep tonight and reset your schedule.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/18 18:19:28 )

◦✹ @Wildfire: Yeah... add in with overthinking and overwhelming thoughts and you got a perfect recipe for disaster. Can't blame anyone but myself though so I definitely need to sleep in early later tonight. I'll just do what I can today yep. ✹◦

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/18 18:21:14 )
@Purpsy: Yep. I find that's the best approach to dealing with days like that. I will do "easy" tasks if I'm really behind with things -like maybe throwing laundry in the washer- but anything that requires more brainpower is just postponed to another day :3 Good luck!

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/18 20:45:56 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: i rather just not deal with my grandfathers bullying all together. since i have adhd i need accomidations and he is the type to not believe in ental health.

and most places are $1400 which is honestly out of our budget considering we've been surviving on food stamps and social security since the pandemic started. and tried to get other assistance but got denied because we made too much..without having an income

normally we can only afford places for 1,000 or below. so idk.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website] | [Twitter] | [Instagram] | [Tumblr]

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/19 14:15:02 )
@MoodyB: I'm sorry that you're having to deal with things like that - it sounds like you're going to have your options be a bit limited, regardless of the details, but maybe you'll find something appropriate and affordable. Good luck. :3

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/19 14:21:28 )

Good morning. It's ... *checks watch*... Thursday. /shock/ ....... uhhh...... wait! How did it get to be Thursday already? This is why I check my watch for the day of the week because I seriously thought it was Wednesday! ...but the coffee hasn't kicked in yet and that might have something to do with my sense of time atm?? *sigh* Whatever. It is what it is. Am I the only one going through a time-warp this morning?

Speaking of mornings... caffeine, anyone? ...??

I have some creative stuff to do today, and since at least some of it will be on the computer, I might be around a little more than I have been the last couple of days if anyone is around, looking to chat.

What is your day looking like today?

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/19 15:00:55 )
@Wildfire: definitely wish there was a nearby or in-house support friend. lol. someone I can hand the baby to when my husband is at work, OR someone to cook. XD
I can't afford a nanny. lol
Kids are feeling better, they just have a cough now. My husband got really sick last night and slept all night, he's feeling better this morning. This leaves me drinking lots of water, eating oranges, taking vitamins, and being sleep deprived from late nights with a baby.
I finally posted pics and announced I had a baby on FB. lol, few people didn't know I was pregnant. I giggled at some of the comments of "OH WOW didn't know you were pregnant!"

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/19 15:27:56 )
@Koah: LOL! You played that pregnancy pretty close to the chest, didn't you? XD <3 I'm glad you got a giggle out of some of the comments. I'm also happy to hear that everyone is starting to feel better... but I wish for your sake that you had a little more help with the baby and the household. It's a lot to juggle! :( How are you doing otherwise?

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/19 15:49:37 )
@Wildfire: high-risk pregnancies do that to a person, I hadn't wanted to tell anyone about it. But my husband was excited. XD
If we ever do get pregnant again- I'm not telling anyone, the chances of another successful pregnancy dropped quite a bit.
I'm starting to feel the sickness hitting me, but I'm ignoring it until everyone is feeling better and I can actually crash without stressing.
Oh, I'm pretty good. Peeved with how let-go the house is. butttt it is what it is.
how are you doing?

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/19 17:03:15 )
@Koah: vitamin C, zinc, and lots of water and sleep (if you can get the rest)... and hopefully that will help you stave off the bug that has been floating around :3

Yeah, I get the house thing 100%. It's really annoying when it gets to a certain point and nobody but you (apparently) seem to notice or care and it becomes a source of stress........ but like you said, sometimes it just is what it is. Being able to let go is not always easy but it is sometimes necessary. I feel ya, though.

Oh, I'm doing ok, thanks. I'm fighting with squirrels in the garden - they've eaten a couple almost-ripe tomatoes and they've dug up my roselle seeds/seedlings repeatedly (I really want this plant to grow!!) but things are starting to fill in....... just as the humidity is hitting and it's beginning to look like the rainy season is starting. We'll see if my latest round of seeds/plantings gets drowned or sunburnt to hell.... which is fairly typical gardening in Florida over the summer.... if you can get anything to grow in the sand to begin with. XD

Otherwise, a friend roped me in to doing a farmers' market / craft fair thing, so I'm scrambling a little to get a couple things done to test the waters, so to speak. And fighting with vinyl... >.> LOL!

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/19 17:19:30 )
@Wildfire: rest is not in my near future, sadly. I try and tidy the house when I've got the energy when baby-free, but it's a losing battle right now.
I'm just imagining you shaking your fist by the window, watching the squirrel free roam your garden. XD
Squirrels are menaces. I'm sorry it's eating your garden. >:C
I'm excited for you ~ craft fairs are fun. I've done them before with my family. :d

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/19 17:51:40 )

◦✹ @Wildfire: So far so good since I actually slept pretty early last night but only woke up twice though, but manage to sleep back fairly quickly. Woke up at nine and had breakfast while browsing on my phone, then took a really long shower and just recently blow dried my hair.

I'm just chilling for a bit for now and maybe play some games but I also wanted to do get some drawing done also. I just feel like all over the place this week... (●´⌓`●) Mildly got some stuff done lel ✹◦

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/19 19:10:51 )
@Koah: Yeah, that's understandable. Can you rope in some help and just direct, while others do the actual physical work? Your older kids are old enough to help out, aren't they?

LOL - if the squirrels get in to the bird feeders or are being little brats when and where I see them, I sic the dogs on them. Our lab mix loves chasing the squirrels! XD Otherwise, I have been putting water down for the little buggers, hoping to distract them from taking bites out of my tomatoes in the search for hydration (it has been very dry here recently, but I expect that to change any day now... the summer, semi-tropical pattern is about to kick in!)

Yes, craft fairs can be fun, but it's at odds with my "true" art... and it's Saturday. As in a couple of days from now. And I only had about 10 days notice to prepare anything...

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.