Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/7 00:06:17 )

@Wildfire:
Yeah, roommate is taking advantage of the space between this band and the next rain to get the horses fed. Hopefully it holds out long enough!

We were sitting in line at the Walgreens drive-thru when the first bit of rain hit, lol. We sat there eating our Wendy's fries, having unsuccessfully sought out sand bags, and by the time we were done and it had stopped raining. Which is good because she turned on her windshield wipers and one of the wiper blades flew off. :I

Glad your power came back; did you try resetting the router? Sometimes power outages make the things glitch up.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/7 00:42:07 )
@CooperationIsKey: Oh yeah - we're good technology-wise, thanks.
I'm actually surprised that we haven't seen more rain yet. But it'll come after the sun sets /eyeroll/

LOL - that's funny with the wiper blade! I'm glad it wasn't really an issue, but still...

@Purpsy: thanks. I'm sure we'll be fine

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/7 00:46:18 )

@Wildfire: My bad, lol. ^^;

And me too, I really thought we'd be getting rain by now but I'm sure we'll be getting plenty soon enough.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/7 00:50:04 )
@CooperationIsKey: Your bad?? Why? Concerning what?

Yeah, it really feels like the calm before the storm - lol

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/7 00:55:54 )

@Wildfire: I mean that you know what to do with the router, that's all. ^^;

And yeah, guess it is!

We're about to get hit by a hurricane and I decided to wash my bedsheets. 9_9 I never said I was smart. XD Aaaand there goes the washer jingle, time for the dryer!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/7 01:20:11 )
@CooperationIsKey: lol. It's not a problem. I have a couple tech-heavy dudes in my house, so they usually have that stuff covered ... and much more thoroughly than I would!

I did laundry earlier... but it wasn't my bedsheets XD Are you anxious? Sometimes I find that I clean a lot when I'm nervous or anxious about something... like a storm

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/7 01:22:36 )

@Wildfire: Tech-heavy people come in handy sometimes! :)

And maybe a little? I do have several anxiety disorders and things like this tend to amp up those background nerves I guess. Even though I'm sure we'll be fine and all, it's the 'impending' part that does it I think.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/7 01:33:26 )
@CooperationIsKey: Yeah, that can "waiting to be hit" period be difficult to deal with. The Weather Dude I'm listening to right now just said between 10am and maybe 12am is when we're likely to feel the worst of this storm. I think the biggest concern is the storm surge/water... and some of that is because we've had so much rain recently.

I just looked outside - our walkway is wet. I didn't even realize it was raining.

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/7 02:00:57 )

Yeah, I'm concerned with the storm surge. I think my house is far enough from the closest creek to be okay but this area is riddled with creeks and waterways that I often forget about until I look at a map.

It's been spitting off an on but hasn't really done the pouring buckets thing yet.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/7 02:09:51 )
@CooperationIsKey: it's Florida - there's water everywhere. Do you know if you're in a flood zone or if evacuation has been suggested for your area? If not, I wouldn't worry about it too much, tbh.

Other than that one little storm around 5pm and whatever is going on now, I haven't seen any rain yet. I'm sure that will change in an hour or two though...

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/7 02:17:30 )

@Wildfire: Lol I suppose that's true; I'm just not used to it so I genuinely forget sometimes. I grew up in Texas and spent most of my adulthood in southern California, both of which tend to be quite a bit dryer.

As far as flood warnings or evacuation orders, nah, I haven't seen anything. I know it's likely going to be fine, but monkey brain goes "eek!," you know? XD

My roommate seems to kind of enjoy this weather, lol. Even though she's been struck by lightning so she's not overly fond of that part at least. But she's having her own little 'hurricane party'.

Also a friend of hers gave us fresh-caught Mahi-Mahi from the Keys today (he goes fishing a lot) so we're having a lil' fish fry for dinner! So that's fun. :)

Please ping me!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/7 13:09:13 )
@CooperationIsKey: Yeah, I know that "eek" part. It's normal and natural and to be expected imo. So, obviously, I kinda strolled away from the computer last night... how did you fare with the storm? It was extremely mild here - I would not have guessed there was a hurricane/TS pretty nearby in the Gulf. There's still some storms, etc., to come though but it was nice being able to sleep through the night instead of being woken by freaked out dogs, booming thunder or other weird noises.

Oh! How was the mahi and your fish fry? That's awesome that you have a friend who shares his catches with you! :3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/7 13:09:48 )
good morning. How is everyone today? What is everyone up to today?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/7 13:13:24 )

Feeling better, getting ready to go to work.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/7 13:14:30 )
good morning. I'm glad you're feeling better.
You're about to have a rainy day, aren't you? Do you think many people will be going out to thrift stores today? I mean, I know it's Florida, buuuutttt...

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/7 13:16:11 )

I don't really know. We might get some, but I don't think we're going to have a ton of folks. Sure most of them will be batting down the hatches and all that. I just hope that I don't have to stand in it at the bus stop.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/7 13:20:17 )
Yeah, I don't blame you. Most of the storm is past us now and it really wasn't much. We've had heavier summer storms, that's for sure! But it definitely was raining. And rain when you're trying to stay nice for a job is difficult and uncomfortable.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/7 13:29:19 )

I did get drizzled on yesterday, which just made yesterday the worst. Lol then the computer we use to scan books to see if they're valuable or not decided to die on us. Though it turned out it's power cord wasn't plugged in. It's one of those laptops that has to hook ups. The main one to the computer, and another half to plug into that and the power strip.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/7 13:30:51 )
That sounds like a day of small inconveniences, stacked up.
Hopefully today will be better for you and you'll at least be able to stay dry

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/7 13:33:04 )

Well it's already doing the rain thing. So I'll be out there in the rain today. -w- At least I have a decent rain coat.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.