Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk Sis in the ER again

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/17 15:34:11 )

I say again, because with her type 1 diabetes and for a while she wasn't taking care of herself, ER trips were a norm for 2 years.
But that aside,
I have been fussing with her for many more years about leaving windows open while we sleep. We both have allergies to nature, and when we're asleep, our immune system seems to drop and we're more likely to get sick. Dunno if the last part is factual, but I DEFINITELY wake up sick only when the windows are left open, almost every time. One time I ended up seriously ill for 3 months and she WOULDN'T KEEP THE WINDOWS CLOSED so it kept getting worse until I think she left on a trip and I closed all the windows, or something like that.

Right now the smoke and ash has been on a very bad level for months, and I still find windows open. I keep shutting and locking them, but then they'll open again, letting the smoke in.
I keep speaking up, and she keeps screaming at me in response (she's a little insane, combined with wonky blood sugar levels. She's like this with everyone) and not listening. Her recent thing is when I bring up something like "hey, can you not do this thing" and she'll get pissed and be like "I DIDN'T, YOU DID IT" even though there's no way she could be fooling anyone in this 1x1 interaction lmao Did I mention she's a pathological liar?

I woke up this morning to a text lecturing the rest of us in the house to keep our windows closed and locked because now she's in the ER for a serious asthma attack. Basically, she is blaming everyone else for what she's been told to stop doing.
and I'm just--
Like, I know she's ok, so now I'm just fucking annoyed. :vanora_huff:
Thankfully I've been spending more nights than not at my bf's place where they have the common sense not to sleep with windows open while the mountain fire is literally IN VIEW FROM THE TOWN THAT IS ONLY 20 MINUTES FROM HERE
If I was sleeping at home all this time, I'd probably be in the ER too. Doesn't take much for my lungs to wanna give up lately.

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/17 15:47:51 )

Update: the asthma attack wasn't serious afterall. It was mostly that she panicked and the anxiety made it worse, but as she settled her symptoms got better.
This is a good thing at least

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/17 16:45:45 )

I'm glad she's OK. I can imagine it's very frustrating to live in that kind of situation.

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/17 19:23:38 )

@Jolly: wow I don’t know how you do it. I know you love her and it’s your sister but she is putting everyone’s health it risk. I wish she could see that.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.