Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Welcome Committee new to the site!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/19 03:08:25 )

@spinda: That's me every Sunday lol
You might be able to get some stuff done after work?

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/19 03:09:02 )

As for me I had a very nice Sunday mostly outside since the weather was nice.

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/19 03:18:34 )
@Totalanimefan: oh for sure. it doesn't change much, but each sunday is just that feeling of "ah, shit", even though i really enjoy my job. i'm glad you had a nice sunday!! i was inside for most of mine haha, didn't really get a chance to experience the weather

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/19 14:47:44 )

@spinda: I call them the Sunday Night Blues.
Last Sunday I spent the whole day inside cause it was cold and rainy out. I'm sure once we get to Nov that's going to happen again. Which state are you in?

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/20 01:58:17 )
@Totalanimefan: I'm in Ohio. Today was super gloomy and didn't end yesterday on the best note emotionally, so today draaaaged on in that "I'm sad and unproductive" kind of way.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/20 02:12:41 )

@spinda: ugh that sucks. I hate days like that. I hope that tomorrow is a lot better for you. I felt like going nothing today too. I made myself go to the store for food.

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/20 02:16:22 )
@Totalanimefan: yeah. work was kind of a wash / bare minimum tasks, then i came home, napped for a little bit, and made ramen. the exciting life of an entry level worker lmao. hoping tomorrow will be better too! i feel like today was kind of sucky for everyone

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/20 02:18:45 )

@spinda: Yeah I know what that's like. I woked retail for like 5 years. At one point I had to have 2 retail jobs just to afford the bills while still living at home. Sucks yo. I hope that soon you will be able to leave retail.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/20 02:20:34 )

I also feel like today was bad for a lot of people. I made a thread with a positive vibe and no one posted there lol

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/20 02:22:21 )
@Totalanimefan: ah i'm not in retail! i work for a university out here as a entry-level staff member. i appreciate being in office / "professional" work but definitely feel like i rushed into it bc of the pandemic-- it's good work with good benefits but i'm also living far away from my family during a pandemic with not a lot of connections out here. i feel like maybe i should have put off the job search until things were clearer, but like, i'm here now so i guess i'm stuck lol.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/20 02:25:06 )

@spinda: Sounds like it's a job that could open a lot of doors in the future though. Do you get a discount on school or books?

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/20 02:31:03 )
@Totalanimefan: it's pretty cool in a lot of ways. i finished undergrad and this place only does undergrad, but i think we do technically get a discount on classes if we decide to take them as like, continued learning endeavors. i really like the field, it's just a bad time to be doing, well, anything, really.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/20 02:37:49 )

@spinda: What's your major?

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/20 02:41:20 )
@Totalanimefan: i graduated in 2019 with a general studies degree. i messed up my last semester due to some health issues, and at the time was fast-tracking into grad school (then dropped out lmao) so i figured some degree was better than no degree. i started as an education major, switched after my third semester, and spent most of my time studying creative writing though, and had minors in counseling psych and women's studies. if i could do it over again i probably would have just majored psych and maybe minored creative writing.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/20 02:55:53 )

@spinda: Good that you were able to get the degree. I did 4 years of college, but no degree. Well besides an AA. But that's a 2 year degree. Do you think that you will get a job in counseling? It's going to be in demand cause of 2020 lol

Donator — She,Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/20 02:56:48 )
I can’t run away from the beast
RIP the scab and set it free
It’s the killer in me

@spinda: Hello and welcome i'm pretty much the best thing on this site i find is the people. So many friendly people and so many willing to make new friends

There is blood on the path I walk
And each step I take is haunting me
Embraced by the darkness, I'm losing the light
Encircled by demons, I fight

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/20 03:00:41 )
@Totalanimefan: i've thought about it a few times tbh, but i think i have too many of my own issues to counsel professionally lmao.
i originally wanted to work with fraternities and sororities doing like diversity training and stuff, and i still think that'd be cool. i was in a (nontraditional) sorority and enjoyed my time and think that in general, they can be really cool platforms for good-- but there's a lot of bad apples in the system and a lot of alumni willing to protect them.

lately, though, with everything going on in the world, college jobs in general seem really unstable and even though i'm only 23 i'm really tired of moving states every few years. so idk. once my contract is done here i might try grad school again, or i might look for a job closer to home, doing something like content writing or editing, or maybe some kind of diversity training.

@Kittyzilla: thank you for the welcome!!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/20 03:14:11 )

@spinda: A job close to home or semi-close to family is where it's at. I am from the east coast and all my family is there (although no all in the same state) and I lived in CA for 5 years. It was really hard being that far away and I'm not even that close to my family.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — She,Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/20 03:17:51 )
I can’t run away from the beast
RIP the scab and set it free
It’s the killer in me

@spinda: No problem

There is blood on the path I walk
And each step I take is haunting me
Embraced by the darkness, I'm losing the light
Encircled by demons, I fight

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/20 03:18:49 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah. I'm only a few hours away -but- I don't have a license right now (late learner, was ready to take the test and then COVID caused all of our drive testing to be cancelled -- it's been hell and a half trying to get it set up in Ohio) and due to working on a college campus that's luckily seen very few cases, travel is heavily discouraged.

I didn't think I was -that close- to my family until I moved out of state for grad school last year. I was miserable for several reasons, but main among them being I just missed my damn family.
kody / 23 / they

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.