Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Welcome Committee Trying something new

Donator — She/ her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/28 18:46:28 )
Trying to see what's up with this site after gaia has been a bit underwhelming lately.
I love meeting new people and would love any sort of recommendations/ help for maneuvering here as possible. Lol.
Oh, and I do have a question, if anyone sees this, I do tend to have an art shop that I set up to help make $ on sites like this, is this a large enough base for people who would want art to invest my time into another shop like that?

Donator — PomePome Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/28 19:07:47 )
@PhotogenicPhish: hellooo and welcome to voltra!!

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/28 19:08:36 )

Welcome to voltra. :D This is a great site with a super friendly community. My biggest suggestion is just start posting in various hangouts or charities and someone will reply.

Undercurrent you can post multiple times in a row with no issues, everywhere else you can only do two posts in a row. We've got themed hangouts all over the place but in no way do you need to stick to the theme. They're just hey here's a theme incase you need something to talk about and will also provide you with an idea of the thread creators interests so that you perhaps have something in common to talk about and get to know other volties. ^^

As for art shops there are plenty of people with interest and lots of freebie art threads made during events, we have an event coming up soon too which will be a lot of fun it's one of the bigger ones on the site.

I definitely suggest checking out charities because there are many that give out some awesome items for free to our new voltie friends that join who don't want to just be silouettes.

Of you have any specific questions feel free to ask.

Oh yeah and creating your own shop go right ahead. I think you can have one or two shops I forget which, the rules in that specific part of the forum highlights the rules of that area of you ever forget like I do. :D

Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/28 19:24:12 )
@PhotogenicPhish: Welcome! I've only been around for < 48 hours, but in my time here, I highly recommend playing around with the common items in the shops. (It might bet pricey though just because there's not multi-item preview system, but you can get something simple going with the starter volts!) Also, it seems like event items are on the lower end of pricing, but they are really awesome looking!

I hear that art shops / mini shops are the fastest way to get some spending volts. This isn't specific to Voltra, but for art shops, I like asking people to offer items rather than currency for a commission since some items are harder to find than commons.

Donator — She/ her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/28 19:26:23 )
Miss Sandman:

Thank you so much! I am excited to meet more of the community here :3

Donator — She/ her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/28 19:35:18 )
Shadami:

Thank you so much for all of the great information! I truly appreciate all of the help. I will have to reach out to the community further and check out the different forums and charities to see what's going on. I will definitely double check on the amount of shops I would be able to have before jumping right into anything.

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/28 19:36:02 )
@PhotogenicPhish: Hello! Welcome to Voltra! It's wonderful to see new people. ^^
If you haven't looked yet, check out the newbie guide, it has lots of good information and links! https://www.voltra.us/forum/view_topic/969

I personally think we need more artists selling art! I would love to buy some myself.
It's more popular during events I've noticed, so maybe try an art shop/event thread in the upcoming event!
It's the Halloween event called a "Reaping Ritual" and it should be starting in a few days.
You might just get a fan base going.

You should also check out the item museum to see all the old items that have come out. https://www.voltra.us/forum/view_topic/3712
It's never to early too start a wishlist. (people on here are generous)

Donator — PomePome Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/28 19:41:48 )
@PhotogenicPhish: you will be very Happy here yes!!!!

Donator — She/ her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/28 19:46:26 )
Vixen:

Thank you for the help and suggestions, I appreciate it all so much. I will definitely have to go check out the shops and change into at least something. It's nice hearing that someone else that is new is enjoying it so much already. Also great idea for asking for items instead of currency. I will have to get used to prices and how it all equals out so that I can do this. :3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/28 19:49:12 )
@PhotogenicPhish: Yep I'm right with you in that boat. Haven't the slightest clue what the value of currency is. I'm also planning on how to start my own art shop, and I think one way to do it would be to charge 1 avatar outfit per commission haha ... Although that doesn't quite work for outfits that are made of lots of exclusive items. Maybe ask people to pay in sets of commons for a particular color...?

please @ me

Donator — She/ her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/28 19:56:37 )
Miss Sandman:

Thank you! It's nice meeting you and so many others so far!

Donator — She/ her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/28 20:07:28 )
Lina:

I appreciate your help and advice! I will have to see what more I can find out about the upcoming even to see if I have some time to plan this out and start up a shop for art. I did like a previously mentioned comment about asking for items instead of currency when offering art. Do you have a preference when getting art through here? Would you think that to be a good idea as well? I love an sort of advice that people can give.

Donator — PomePome Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/28 20:11:41 )
@PhotogenicPhish: how are you dear? :)
~Pls Ping me~
Nothing fancy to see here!!!

Donator — She/ her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/28 20:36:03 )
Miss Sandman:

I am well, just enjoying scrolling through this site and chatting with everyone. How are you doing today?

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/28 20:36:44 )

@PhotogenicPhish: Hey welcome to Voltra. I'm sure an art shop would do well here. ^^ People like art.
How did you find Voltra? ^^

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/28 20:37:22 )
@PhotogenicPhish: I do think when people have an item to offer as payment for art they like to do that. But it depends if they have the right items or not. So I would recommend volt prices with an option of items you’d also accept.
You can also ask for ohm but they aren’t very common to find on here. If you do, the average value is 20 volts for 1 ohm. (Though I’ve noticed 25 lately because ohms are pretty rare)

If you do a thread in the event forum selling art it can be set up pretty simple (they usually are In the event forum). Even ask for price suggestions or make it a bribe shop I you aren’t sure what to price at yet.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/28 20:45:13 )

I would say the going rate for some common items are
5k volts for the current crate item (which is what we call a DI).

3k volts for a common orb items (orb are our random item generator)
4-6k for uncommon orb items
8k-15k for rare
14-20k for the rarest depending on popularly.

Past event items are normally 1k-4k each. The past event items are actually pretty good here.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — She/ her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/28 20:46:58 )
kiwi:

Thank you! I low key love your avi BTW. I am all for simplicity. I hope to see you around when I do start up a shop :3

Donator — She/ her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/28 21:00:25 )
Totalanimefan:

I was just looking through some Gaia forums and someone actually had suggested a few similar sites to check out. I have been on Gaia since '07 so I was ready to see what else was out there at this point and get involved in a new community that was a bit more inverted at this point.

Donator — She/ her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/28 21:03:35 )
Lina:

That makes sense. I am all for bribe shops/ offer what you want shops as that is how I usually set it up for my shops. It makes it easier to get more people interested if they are able to choose the price point they are interested it for the art work they receive.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.