Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Reaping Ritual 2020: TTLG Through the Looking Glass Event FAQ

Npc — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/31 22:55:35 )
UPDATE: Event currency has been deactivated.
You will still be able to view your current amount of pawns and use the remainder in the event shop.

Event Forum to be archived by Midnight (Voltra Time) December 2nd.

NOTE: Event currency and shops have been extended through the end of the month! Happy Holidays!

I wasn't here for the Wonderland event! Will I be missing anything?
While the Wonderland characters are making a cameo to host the thread activities, they will have no bearing on this event's plot!
This is a completely unique story to that event, and you won't need to have experienced Wonderland to enjoy it.

What is the event currency and how do I earn it?
Throughout the event you will collect chess pawns. These can be used to buy special, limited time event items.

Chess Pawns can be earned by posting in the forums and playing our Jigsaw game.
As per usual, posting in the event forum will earn you more currency than other forums.

Forum Rates:
6-8 Pawns per post | Event Forum
3-5 Pawns per post | General Forum
1 Pawn per post | Event Arcade Forum
0-1 Pawn per post | General Arcade Forum
0 Pawns per post | Undercurrent

Jigsaw Rates:
Easy: 5 Pawns
Medium: 10 Pawns
Hard: 60 Pawns
Very Hard: 140 Pawns
Extreme: 420 Pawns
Impossible: 840 Pawns

There is a daily cap on Jigsaw for 840 Pawns.

How long will the event run for?
The event launched on November 4th, and it will go for two weeks, which ends on November 17th.
Once event ends on November 17th, goodie bags and bundles will launch, and you will have an extra week to earn and spend your event currency. Event forums will be closed and locked on November 24th, and items removed from shops.

Where do I get event items?
Event items can be purchased from Joyful Jamboree using Chess Pawns. A new item will be released every day of the event.

You can also earn an item for free every day by playing the daily games posted on the event's Landing Page.

What are the activities available?

Journey Through the Looking Glass: Game

Every day, a new chapter of your adventures through Looking Glass Land will be linked on the event's Landing Page. An announcement will be made for each chapter unlocked.

These chapters are interactive playable games. To experience the story of this event, and to earn a prize, make sure to check in daily!

Note: Turn off your pop-up blocker before playing these games, or you may not be able to receive your prize.
Some browsers, such as Safari, come built with a pop-up blocker, be sure to manually turn that of for Voltra before playing!

Apple users also may experience some odd visual glitches, but the game will still be playable.

Thread Activities

It seems some citizens of Wonderland are curious of the strange goings-on in Looking Glass Land. They're popping up all through our forums with activities to entertain, perhaps it would be worth your while to pay them a visit...

Mad Tea Party
The Hatter, Hare, and Dormouse cordially invite you to another of their infamous tea parties. Join in the festivities, hang out with your fellow trapped Volties, and perhaps win yourself an unbirthday gift or two.

Mirrored Expressions
It seemed the White Rabbit has gotten lost... Why not spend a little time with him and bring some beauty back to this dark land?

Nonsensical Words
It seems the Flower Maiden is visiting Looking Glass Land to spend time with some relatives... Oh! But she's forgotten to bring a gift. Why not help her out by writing a poem?

Explore the Board
The Card Knight has a challenge for you! Fight your way through this massive chessboard to win daily prizes!

I Site! I Spot! I Spy!
The Cheshire Cat is challenging your purr-ception... Can you find all the hidden objects?

Talking Flowers
Some suspicious flowers are on the loose! Help apprehend them by creating a sketch of their weird faces!

If I play the daily game more than once, will I get more than one prize?
You can only receive one prize per game, per account. However, you may play as many times as you like!
If you have a secondary/mule account, playing again on that account will grant you a prize.

I have a question/problem/feedback!
Feel free to post in this thread, pinging an NPC or a member of staff with your issue/comment.
If more urgent, please directly message a member of our staff, or use discord.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/4 22:55:07 )
@mayor volkan: I have a, probably stupid question, but I cant remember from former events. Will I be able to get back to these daily games once the day is over or are the games only up for 24 hours?

Voltie — he/him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/4 23:02:56 )
@teatales: hey! the games will be running and available throughout the event, so if you miss a day you can come back later and still play and earn your prize

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/5 03:33:17 )

Thanks Ghost, that's super helpful to know because I'm always multitasking and sometimes miss things.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/6 18:49:05 )

Here's the real question: what font y'all be using on this event? 👀👀👀

Voltie — he/him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/6 19:11:05 )
@anarchist beauty: Avelina! it also comes with some nice extra vectors which I 100% took advantage of ;3c
later.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/6 19:15:14 )

@ghost: Ooh snazzy.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/19 21:51:39 )

Questing: Soulcaster | Fall Harvest | Capricorn | Scorpio | Berry Citrus | Cybernetic Guard | Year of the Tiger | Fabled Beauty | Dreams of Delight | Heartbreak Coffin x1 | Merlantis | Cancer | Virgo | Mother Anthropoda | Falling Star | Untamed | Doggo of Death| Shark Slayer | Cheshire Cabaret | Corrupted Ichor | Fluers d'espoir | Dual-Toned Slick Hair | Ellie | Unique Frizzhawk | Golden Bird | Bountiful Harvest | Libra | Speedster | Adventurer | Loyal Elegance | Cleric | Beast Master | Paladin | Necromancer | Bard | Sky Master | Ryuo the Dragon | Too Hot

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ I loved all the items, you guys did Amazing. <:3( )~~

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/24 16:13:10 )

This is a funny question to ask right when the event is ending. but the participation prizes we won that included chess pieces and volts, did they go directly into our currencies? I kept looking for trades and not seeing any. xD And I for sure was not actually watching how much I had.

Just wanted to make sure before the items disappear from shop.

Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/24 16:26:17 )
─ ─ ─ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ─ ─ ─

Today is supossed to be the last day.. but yeah its a bit weird since some of the prizes are pawns, and it haven't been distributed yet

Voltie — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/24 17:44:24 )

I'm wondering that as well. Some participation prizes and Explore the Board prizes are pawns, but the shop closes today and I don't think we got those yet

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 13:57:52 )
I just wanted to say thanks for a fun event! (But I too am curious about the activity awards and how that's going to work out since some of the prizes are event currency)

Voltie — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 19:12:12 )

Sounds good! Take your time; I don't mind waiting a little bit for our prizes and such~

Npc — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/26 22:38:19 )
NOTE: Event currency and shops have been extended through to the end of the month!

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/26 22:46:02 )

Questing: Soulcaster | Fall Harvest | Capricorn | Scorpio | Cybernetic Guard | Year of the Tiger | Fabled Beauty | Dreams of Delight | Heartbreak Coffin x1 | Merlantis | Cancer | Virgo | Mother Anthropoda | Falling Star | Untamed | Doggo of Death | Cheshire Cabaret | Corrupted Ichor | Fluers d'espoir | Dual-Toned Slick Hair | Ellie | Golden Bird | Bountiful Harvest | Libra | Speedster | Adventurer | Loyal Elegance | Cleric | Beast Master | Paladin | Necromancer | Bard | Sky Master | Ryuo the Dragon | Too Hot | Punky Plasma | Sightless Monk | Shinobi | Soulcaster | Gems of Wonder | Diamond | Moonstone | Emerald | Unique Posh Hair | Unique Unzipped Hoodie | Turquoise | Aquamarine | Garnet | Peridot | Ruby

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ @Mayor Volkan: Thank you very much Mayor and staff. <:3( )~~

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/26 22:54:57 )
Thank you for the extension and for the update!

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Voltie — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/26 23:08:53 )

Thanks for the update!

★~~Questing~~★

Voltie — she/they Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/26 23:57:30 )
Thank you! 😭
~Instagram! Twitter!~

A Big Ole Quest Thread

Ping me, I'm easily distracted

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/27 00:17:41 )
Thank you for the extension and update, Mayor Volkan ^^

Voltie — Angel Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/1 02:36:16 )
The games no longer grant event items?

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.