Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Reaping Ritual 2020: TTLG Mad Tea Party: Hangout and Raffle

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/25 01:53:33 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

For dinner I am eating spicy buffalo chicken wings, with white rice with soy sauce and spinach.
Might also make some egg rolls. Not many tho. Maybe just 2.

I'm going to get caught up on my K-pop variety shows.
it is my tuesday ritual. Cause the shows come out on Monday/Tuesday.

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/25 01:53:59 )

That actually sounds really really good

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/25 01:54:44 )

═════════════════════════⠀ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘
⠀|⠀post art by kiwi!⠀|⠀spooky chat + afterparty art freebies :3

moody yeah for sure! it's cool to see what is like similar vs. different in workflows :0
like a lot of ppl start w a sketch, but what happens after that can be v different, like is it lined or lineless, painted or cel shaded, etc. ... and also ppl who do traditional can think abt these things differently too! when i was getting back into digital art this year i was like wow i don't even know where to start anymore

i get feeling scared to mess up but you should totally just go for it!!! you are making so many pieces, one that doesn't work out but you learn something from can be low stakes :-) and that's awesome that you've found streamers who can inspire that feeling in u!

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/25 01:56:57 )

total yeah i figured it would be much longer .... but i remember someone saying it would last til september and i was like What No!!!!! lol
and i feel that i'm also so grateful! this has been a lot of socializing i wouldn't have been able to get otherwise<3 and for sure abt having stuff to look forward to!! there's always something to look forward to on here i feel like
and yeah ppl are here if you wanna talk and also here if you want a distraction :-)

yeah gonna wait for the thxgiving / black friday crowds to die down before i try to go... nyc is def going up which kind of sucks :-/

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/25 02:00:48 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@xvz: I watch a ton of speed paints.
With painting some people don't sketch and just block in shapes of color, some paint over the sketch
and some keep the sketch and paint under it.
It's just super cool to see how much variation you can do, in order to paint digitally.
Traditionally tho...that's another world there lol.
Tho i found this super cool program which it makes it look like your painting traditionally but it's a digital program.
it looks super fun tho.

Digital can be daunting at times.
I've always done digital art, so i have 0 experience in any other field.
I did pixel art for 10 years before i got into my current art journey which i've done for maybe...5 years now?

I definitely might try it.
So far it actually looks good and i am learning how colors work together.
and if it doesn't turn out right i can just delete the painting layer and do my usual system i normally do in art.

it really is. plus hearing other chatters and their experiences is always inspiring too.

@Shadami: couldn't tell if this was to me but yes it definitely is
a very yummy dinner.
I love spicy chicken wings... a lot.
One day i'll make my own. cause sometimes they put big drum sticks in it[as it's frozen/pre made]
and i don't like the drum sticks. :vanora_sweat:

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/25 02:01:16 )

moody that sounds like a p tasty dinner :-D
i need to make food too actually!

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/25 02:02:40 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@xvz: I have to start it soon.
i try not to start it too early cause then i will
scarf it down super fast lmao.

But it's super good. I love spicy chicken.
when i get better at cooking i want to make my own spicy chicken.
But im nervous of wasting chicken by cooking it badly lol.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/25 02:05:50 )

@moodyb: ohh yeah i'm impressed w ppl who block in shapes of color, i guess it's like "sketching" w color? i can do it only if i have a reference but it def takes a certain way of seeing/thinking and skill imo :0
what's the program? is it like a filter or ?

oh what kind of pixel art?? i wanna try pixel art sometime actually, or at least if anything painting w a hard brush haha

and yeah i feel that, i think hearing abt their mindset/approach is really helpful too, not just like the art itself but how they think abt it!
you should totally try it ^^ i think if you try in earnest you'll grow from it no matter how it turns out, and it'll build up ur skills for next time u try it too :3

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/25 02:08:17 )

total sigh yeah i did have p low expectations .... my manager was so ready for stuff to go back to normal and i was always like, i hate to break it to u but you know it's gonna be the same thing next month right lol
i think it was tough for him too cuz he literally just had a baby in feb @@

oh i'm v excited abt the orbs i keep forgetting!!! :3 i got some ohms the other day too, i can't wait to see what sets we get ^0^

i love spicy chicken too haha i actually have some rn i could make some too :0

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/25 02:09:55 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@xvz: I tried it one time but i could only do the body and hair.
eyes and smaller features? NOPE.
But maybe when i study more i'll be able to try it better.
It's a program called Realistic painting i believe. Its around $20 but it's so fascinating to me for some reason lol.

I use to make pixel dolls as I was part of a couple of pixel doll communities back in the day.
I would love to learn to pixel tool tho as i always wanted to learn that.

Definitely. For me being inside my head too much is so bad because then my brain tells me
i can't do it no matter what and i feel i have to believe that.
but once you do it regardless if what your brain tells you, you feel amazing.

I think i will. No harm in trying. if it doesn't come out, then you can try it next time and the time after and the time after
until i get better.

Spicy chicken is THE BEST.
i love spicy food. tho im the only one who can eat it in my house lol.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/25 02:26:56 )

oh cool ^^ i was just talking to my friend abt pixel art earlier today, he sent me some good resources for it too :0
and yeah i feel that, when ur brain is being mean u gotta do stuff despite it even if it's hard!! and for sure pls give it a try sometime!! :3 it can only give you more information of how things interact n work together and u can always keep at it :3 and i think it tends to be hardest at the beginning but you do eventually hit a point where it'll start to look good and be exciting! (maybe you feel it a bit w the landscape painting you were doing earlier?)

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/25 02:27:14 )

i used to not be big on spicy but i started enjoying it a lot more a few years ago :0 now i like a little spice :3

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/25 02:33:10 )

yeah , having a baby seems super hard, the year itself was super hard, having both at the same time must be so tough ...... i think they stayed w inlaws for a bit at one point for caretaking help but that was only for like a month or so ?

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/25 02:33:28 )

oohh it never occurred to me we would have a black friday sale haha , that's a good heads up

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/25 02:34:54 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@xvz: Back in the day i HOARDED resources like you would not believe.
From bases, to tutorials, palettes, and more.
I miss doing pixel dolls some times but other times im like "ehh."

Ever since starting landscapes i have gotten over a little of the beginner painting jitters.
But people still are daunting. But I am going to do my best to paint this piece.
Who knows, it may come out better than I thought. I pretty much live on youtube and watch speed paints constantly.
So I may watch some just to help me ease into it.

Starting is always the hardest part in art frankly. Like drawing hands for the first time, painting for the first time, even posting
your art work for the first time. But once you do it becomes less scary.

I got into spice when i tried the wendy's spicy chicken sandwich back in 2017-2018 when i was taking my GED classes.
My grandma would take us out to lunch and i thought it looked tasty and got tired of regular burger.
So ever since then i am all fired up for the spice. I don't like jalapeno spice but prefer buffalo spice.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website] | [Twitter] | [Instagram] | [Tumblr]

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/25 02:42:29 )
Hey everyone!!

Excited to get your prizes??!?

Also how is everyone?

Come join me at my lil
&

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/25 02:42:56 )

ohh pixel art can be super cute .... i think it could be fun to design or pixel a voltra item just for funsies sometime maybe if they have another one of those threads in a future event ^0^

and yeah it is daunting esp when you're starting out but the one you posted the other day looked really good already! i think w painting studies, esp when working from a reference, you just gotta keep going and it will turn out :-) u gotta trust the process but it's like a function of time, if u keep going / spending time on it, the piece will keep developing the way u want! and it seems like you've gotten down this concept of painting what you see (vs. what you think u see) when it comes to painting w a ref, which is typically a huge hurdle for most ppl :3

speed paints are really motivating for me cuz it's like, oh this thing that looked like magic, it is like Doable :0 bc i just watched this person do it lol so maybe i can too!

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/25 02:43:37 )

ohh i don't think i've tried but i love spicy chicken sandwiches lol .... have u had the popeyes one??? it's honestly not that spicy though but it Is really good esp when it's hot lol

hey alice how ru ^^

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/25 02:51:56 )

i'm really thankful the lockdown happened after my baby was born. My family at least got to see her briefly before things shut down.

Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/25 02:52:53 )

aww that's tough :-(
yeah i think his parents live in wyoming or utah or some midwestern state i can't remember, but his inlaws are in the philly suburbs or something? (lmfao just sharing my managers family info on the internet)

yeah i feel like community care must be v important :0 and probably good for the kid too maybe ........? idk .... like it takes a village etc haha
i barely have my own shit together half the time i can't imagine raising a kid

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.