Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Chaotic Nature

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/27 01:33:46 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal just sighed when the call was ended, and quickly grabbed what she told him he needed.

"Three minutes." he said. "I'm holding you to that, Angela." he told the air.

Meanwhile, Zeke looked at Angela as she said what she did, in the tone she had, and nodded.

"Got it." he said, extending a hand. "I know better to ask questions when you have THAT urgent a tone in your voice." he said further as she grabbed his hand. The two of them then disappeared from where they were, bypassing the barrier around the Unit (thanks to his celestial mana, and Hal deciding that barriers against such things were a fruitless endeavour), and appearing in Angela's office directly.

"And we're here." he said.

"Need me to hang around, or want me to go back and be with Liv?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/27 01:42:23 )

Angela just made her way to a cupboard she had and withdrew a pair of shoes. She'd taken to keeping some here, specifically for quick arrivals like this.

"Go make sure Liv's ok. She's got the bug and all." She said after a moment as she made her way to the door.

"I've got to get the ball rolling here." She added with a light sigh.

"Thank you for the lift, and I'll call you if/when I need a lift home." She finished with as she gave him a quick kiss.

"For now, I have work to do."

♫Turn off my brain, this all feels the same♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/27 01:48:04 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Zeke returned the kiss, and nodded.

"All right." he said.

"I'll let you know if things improve or get worse with Liv... though they really shouldn't get worse." he reasoned.

"But I'm off." he told her.

"See you later." he finished, before disappearing from where she was, and leaving her alone.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/27 01:59:44 )

Two minutes later, Angela texted Hal with the information. She barely made it within three minutes, but knew that she was within it. ... even if it was extremely close.

She had sent Nate to grab a couple of things, while she waited in the room for Hal to arrive, kowing that she'd likely need to tend to Hollie immediately upon arrival.

Now? It was just a waiting game, although she was sure she wouldn'tbe waiting for long.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/27 02:19:40 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

She was correct in her assumption, and as soon as she texted Hal the information, not 5 seconds later, he appeared in the room, with Hollie in his arms. He then laid the woman down, and looked at Angela.

"Please help her." he said.

"I'm going to get out of your way." he told her.

"I'm going to go... well, odds are I'll hang around here in the medical wing." he sighed.

"I have... nowhere else I need to be." he shrugged, before thinking about something.

"...yes, I'm going to go sit in the waiting area, and make a needed call."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/27 02:22:38 )

Angela nodded.

"You go do that. I'll take care of Lady Remmington." She said before nearly pushing him out of the room. Once he was gone, before the door actually cloesd, even, Angela was setting to work getting whatever she could get done with Hollie, done, and hoping that there wasn't anything nasty mixed in..

"Draydin attacks are horrible." she muttered as she worked.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/27 02:50:21 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal made his way to the waiting room, where he took out his phone, and made a call.

"Hi Lunet, it's me." he said when they answered.

"Your mother and I are at the Unit medical wing." he told her. "Your mother needed some medical attention, and I'll fill you in fully later. Just know that Angela is working on her, and she should be fine." he continued.

"You going to be all right?" he asked.

"Or do you need me to be home?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/27 02:54:22 )

"No... I... I'm with Cain." Lunet answered, her voice betraying how stunned she was to hear what she did.

"... I expect to be fully filled in. Is she going to be ok, at least?" She then asked.

"I know Angela's good, but... yeah... is she?" She asked before waving to Cain as he returned to the room with the drinks he'd headed off to grab them.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/27 03:23:05 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I..."' Hal muttered. "I'm not going to lie, can't say... for certain." he admitted.

"However, Angela is more than competent and capable, so I am optimistic about her chances." he then assured her.

"Whenever I get news. I'll let you know." he said.

"Love you." he finished, before they ended the call, and Cain sat down beside Lunet.

"Hey." he said.

"Everything okay?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/27 03:24:43 )

"Love you too." Lunet managed to get out before he ended the call. She just sighed as Cain sat next to her and she set her phone down on the table again.

".... Mom's at the unit." She told him.

"Being treated by Angela." She paused a moment before continuing

"Dad can't say for certain whether she'll be all right or not."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/27 03:43:01 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"..." Cain was silent for a moment, processing this.

"I... I see." he said.

"That's... concerning, to massively understate it." he commented.

"But from what I've heard, Angela is a literal life-saver there, so... I'm sure she's in good hands." he said further.

"...the hell happened, I wonder..." he then mumbled.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/27 03:45:49 )

Lunet just sighed, heavily.

"That... that I don't know." She told him hoenstly, plainly.

"I wish I did, but I have no idea." She continued. "Dad didn't give me any informtion, just told me he'd fill me in later."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/27 04:07:46 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Cain just sighed.

"I'm sure he just didn't want to worry you with too much information." he then said, before her phone blipped, indicating she had a text. It was from her father, who had sent it just after he'd hung up the phone.

The long and short of it is she was the victim of a draydin attack. I don't know anything else about it, myself, but her wound was pretty bad. I administered first aid to her on Angela's instruction, until she was brought to the Unit. That is really all I know right now. it read.

At the same time, Cain was wondering something to himself.

'... she's in the medical wing suddenly... wonder if it has anything to do with the recent global weather-related chaos?' he asked himself, though he figured that would be a HELL of a stretch, and odds were this was just bad coincidence.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/27 04:14:26 )

.... draydin? lunet sent before pausing.

.... anything to do with how it seems that things are a bit rocky at the moment? Volcanoes, storms, etc? followed a few seconds later.

"well, now I really do have reason to worry." Lunet commented.

"Oh?" Cain asked.

"Yeah... draydin attack."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/27 04:43:27 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...what?" Cain muttered.

"A draydin attack?" he asked. "But... that's..." he started to mutter further, before she received a response.

Possibly. She went there in response to the global situation. it read.

I'll let you know more when I know more. the next one told her.

"...it makes no sense." Cain mumbled.

"Draydins are... well... I mean, they're so rare. And the ones that come to mind are friends of hers."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/27 04:46:54 )

Lunet was silent for a moment before sighing, heavily.

"I... don't know. Maybe?" She asked. "I mean, Dad said that she went to check in on them in response to the global situation."

"Maybe whatever it is that is causing all the storms and shit is affecting them too."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/27 05:07:03 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Cain remembered what he had just thought, and slumped back a bit.

"Geez..." he muttered.

"When it rains, it... pours..." he said further, realising what it was he had just said. "To coin a... poorly timed, yet exceedingly appropriate phrase." he commented further.

He then sighed, and shook his head.

"Well, all we can do is wait." he told her.

"Hopefully you'll have news soon. And GOOD news, too."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/27 05:17:08 )

Lunet just sighed, heavily.

"Here's hoping." She commented.

"That's... really all that can be said or done at this moment."

About an hour later, Lunet got to her feet.

"I'm gonna go check your modem." She commented. The net had died, and they weren't sure why. With her being the more techy one, it was generally better for her to check.

"Back in a minute, or three." She added with a chuckle before heading off.

Shortly after, they both felt it - a small quake. It mad everything shake, didn't last too terribly long, but was enough for Lunet to lose her footing with a cry. Thankfully, she had barely taken three steps up the stairs to the main floor of the house when it hit. so she bruised a knee, but that was it.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/27 05:40:07 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

She'd cried out when she fell, though, and Cain was immediately up and running to where he'd heard her from. When he saw her on the floor, he was quickly up close to her, and kneeling down beside her.

"Lunet?" he said.

"Are you all right?" he asked.

"I heard that, that sounded... bad." he commented further.

"...also, I think we're lucky." he then said.

"That quake was pretty minor." he went on. "Made everything shake, but... nothing seems to have been broken or whatever."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/27 05:46:29 )

Lunet got to her feet with Cain's help before shaking her head.

"I'm good." She said. "Bad timing, but I'm all right. Was only up a couple steps when I lost my footing." She added.

"You'd think I'd be used to the fact that we're in California, and quakes are a thing." She commented with a sigh, and a chuckle.

"You and the stuff in your room ok?" She then asked

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.