Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Feedback January Crate Items Feedback Thread

Npc — She/Her Posted 3 weeks ago ( 2021/01/2 22:37:08 )

NPC Preview Art by Keturah & kiwi

Item Name | Artist | Supporting Artist

Sowa's Soul | Vozzy
Rogue Bot| glume
The First Star | KDA Drew | Vozzy

Sets contain a minimum of 3 recolors; only one is shown.

January - June 2021 Collector's Set!

Pixels by Vozzy

Hey Volties, we could really use your feedback. We at Voltra are always watching and listening, so the more responses we get to these sort of things, the more we can improve on your experience here!

Now we know that sometimes perhaps a set is not your cup of tea or doesn't fit your particular style, so try to look for things that we could use constructively. Like for example: If this pose was made this way and you could equip it like this then I would find use for that set more in my outfits. Or another example would be: This particular mod or pose is being repeated, I'd like to see x and y being offered as well.

★✩✩✩✩

In order to create a standard rating we will be doing a five star rating review. So for each set you are reviewing, do a 1/5 ; 2/5 ; 3/5 ; 4/5 ; 5/5 rating to let us know how much you like the overall set.

We are looking for feedback regarding the way the sets layer, originality, variety in poses, etc. But don't restrict yourself to these categories - those are just some suggestions for the direction in which you can take your feedback.

We do ask that you try to keep your feedback constructive and don't just say "It looks bad, I don't like it," as it's not very useful to us.

Here is a template to start off your review:

[b]Sowa's Soul[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

[b]Rogue Bot[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

[b]The First Star[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

[b]On Guard![/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

Thank you for taking your time to write this feedback, you are being extremely helpful!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 weeks ago ( 2021/01/3 00:46:09 )

Sowa's Soul
[size=15]★★★★★

This is a good item. It's original, well pixeled and good for masculine and feminine avatars. The belt is probably my favorite pose. I'm glad it comes separate.

Rogue Bot
★★★★✩
Good masculine item. Terrifying poses as well. I tried the face in the lighter color by itself and boy I didn't like how scary that was! I'm not sure if I'll ever use it but I think it's a good item. The chair pose is cool. I haven't played around with it to see if it works well with other leg mods we have that made it look like you are sitting.

The First Star
★★★★✩
This is a 3 or 4 star to me. I really like the idea and the poses! I'm always up for more space themed things and magical girl items! But some of the pixeling seems off? Stiff? Flat? I'm not sure about the right word since I'm not an artist. The boots are so cool but they are way too flat and look weird. They lack shadows. The skirt I can't decide if I like the way it's pixeled. I like the shadows there, but I feel like her right side of her skirt isn't natural looking? I like that the hair is unique even if I'm not personally a fan of the bangs. Still well done.

On Guard!
★★★★✩
Nice color options for sure. I also think the sword arm mod is well done. I'm not sure if I like the mask. I feel like the texture should have been all the way around the face guard or less texturing on the sides of the face guard. Also the high heels are nice.
[/size]

By Ghost
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!
I'm buying your extra advent ticket! 500g each!

Donator — She Posted 3 weeks ago ( 2021/01/3 01:43:39 )
It seems to me personally that each of these new items has only one good color scheme each, but I recognize that could just be me and some people might like being obnoxious pink critters or faded out rogues.

Sowa's Soul
★★★★✩

Overall my favorite from this months offerings. Original well thought out design. My favorite poses from it are the feather tiddies and mask. My least favorite pose is the legs because they're doing that weird off perspective thing again.
Also I feel that ya'll missed out on an obviously pretty snowy version that could have been really stunning. Color choice is important to me.

Rogue Bot
★★★✩✩

Nicely pixeled overall with no oddness of joints. The eyes are really cool and vibrant, but it only looks good in the red and yellow set. The eyes loose their bright to shadow contrast completely in the pale pastel variant and look kinda squiggly in the other. I'm not really sure what the squiggles coming off the "motor/jet pack?" are trying to represent. Are they ribbons for some reason? Seems like a dangerous fashion choice. *imagines them getting sucked up in to the motor and exploding* No thx death trap.

The First Star
★★✩✩✩

I only like the star beam pose, and for the rare set for the next months that's kinda disappointing. I've already expressed my dislike for cartoon stars on avatar sites in a previous post. It's just been done to death. Overall this set seems like a rehash of things we already have here, and recently too. I'm curious to know however what other colors the beam of light comes in... if it's blue or pink it might be worth questing for the one pose.
Also on the leg out pose of the boots... is that the pixels of our avatars heal popping out? Embarrassing! The skirt is cut much to straight at the bottom and there is no "male" option. I'd normally give this a one but I'm swayed by the pretty light beam to give it a two because shiny.

On Guard!
★★★★✩

This set is an example of strong color choices done right. I really like boots, but the front leg looks a pixel to high, but isn't nearly as awkward as some of the other leg poses.

* Also this might not be intentional, and an actual whoopsie, BUT on the red and black version I noticed the band on the knee isn't red when all the others have both knee bands in the vivid color. (if it follows the colors of the other variants that is) Looks like someones hand slipped and didn't bother to fix it cuz there's a few red pixels on it. Whoopsie!

Good show over all guys. :3 Keep up the great work.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 weeks ago ( 2021/01/3 06:56:27 )
Low, keep your head, keep your head low...
.......................................Oh, you gotta keep your head low...

Sowa's Soul
★ ★★★✩

I think this is going to end up a very fun item to play with. The ear tuff and the body mod for the legs seem like they’d get the most use and match with a lot of items. The over the body cowl/mod covers too much for me to find much use out of it unless I am using it with more Sowa’s

Rogue Bot
★ ★★✩✩
I like that it’s a more masculine item in the way it frames on the body. He hood is my favorite but I wish you could just wear the creepy glow eyes on its own, so much creativity and fun is lost when it’s limited to just the hood, but I usually feel this way about most items.

The First Star
★★★★★
I think this is the best out of the bunch! Besides the dress I feel like the item will match well with plenty of items already on the site. The shoes are cute, and the lighting stage is adorable.

On Guard!
★ ★★★✩

I said this before, while I adore the item, I am frustrated that there wasn’t an option for the gloves (the standard not the mod) to be worn together with one slot. A lot of items on the site have that option so its frustrating that I can’t do it with this one. The gloves aside, I love the boots and the adjustments it makes to the legs a lot of use I feel can come from that one, and the tuff for the mask almost looks like hair with some items (is it hair?) I think that is also something that will get a lot of use down the line

...If you wanna keep your head

Ask me about my cat.

Voltie Posted 3 days ago ( 2021/01/19 16:54:57 )
crap can this be deleted I accidentally press send prematurely x.x

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.

Don't want to see the ads? You can purchase a "TV Head" from Ohm-My-Gosh Imports.