Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Winter Solstice 2020 Snowy Investigation (Evolving Item Hangout)

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/01/13 19:08:52 )
@Onyx Popcorn: LOL! <3

@Totalanimefan: The way I've been shopping and cooking lately depends on what's on sale or even available at the grocery store. Ideas can easily be found online too, if you're looking for inspiration. Dahl and rice is always awesome, imo. Dahl with an egg in the morning? Roasted veggies?

Voltie — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/01/13 19:09:18 )
Dal sounds delicious. I should look into making some; I have way too many lentils in my freezer QAQ

@Totalanimefan: You could do chicken quesadillas one night with leftover tortillas if you like cheese

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/01/13 19:10:51 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Totalanimefan: I have no idea.
and a while back someone from IG interviewed an artist and the constant need to be on IG
to meet their standards is ridiculous.

Like spending 8 hours on there, putting out 3-5 reels and igtvs...like i just want to put my art there
and IG is here making i feel like it's a job without the payment lol.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/01/13 19:12:23 )
@MoodyB: LOL. I wouldn't know. I'm not on IG.

@Totalanimefan: Oh that sounds awesome, actually. I'm glad you found a premade dahl in the store. Sometimes, the shortcuts are worth it.

OMG I can't get enough of this broccoli and rice... what's going on with me today???

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/01/13 19:13:49 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Totalanimefan: it be tough. but i just try not to get too wrapped up in their standards.
and just make art i like, post it when i want lol.

im weeks behind posting. but doing things like draw this in your style
and other art challenges helps get your art seen if not through the usual hashtags.

@wildfire: i know. im telling you cause i've been on IG for 2 ish years.
people normally follow for a follow back so if i don't they end up unfollowing

//happened all year of 2020

Voltie — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/01/13 19:16:41 )
@Wildfire: What you been up to?
@Totalanimefan: And there's the rub. I'm currently trying to buy mostly animal protein and veg since I have so much grain and legumes lying around. I always buy way too much cheese too

@MoodyB: Pardon me for butting in, but that seems like the way to go. Algorithms kinda just suck. Insta has awful standards for selfies too :/

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/01/13 19:18:48 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Totalanimefan: I've been having a lot of fun making emojis and studies right now.
tho i need to finish some art projects
I have a whole thing on my notes of hashtags. I never know which are good i just know to stick to under 1mil posts for hashtags.

i'll figure it ut eventually.

anyways how are you??

@onyx popcorn: I don't take selfies so i have no idea lol.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/01/13 19:19:32 )
yeah and tomorrow i podcast day so wont get a ot of spamming to do there. also would lik the items for my mule

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/01/13 19:23:18 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Totalanimefan: hopefully you're able to walk to the store today.
hope your foot heals soon.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/01/13 19:23:23 )
@Totalanimefan: I don't usually do shortcuts in terms of groceries other than pre-riced cauliflower (sometimes), k-cups (if they count), and the stuff I get for my boys (like premade tortellini).

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/01/13 19:24:51 )
@MoodyB: yeah, you told me about that. That's unfortunate that it seems to work that way, really

@totalanimefan: what did you do to your foot?

@TeaTales: there's time for the event, still.

Voltie — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/01/13 19:24:55 )
@MoodyB: Meh, I won't get into it too much, but there's a serious pattern to who gets pushed to the top. I've seen a bit of that with the art tags I've wandered into from time to time, but kinda assumed it was better. I'm not on those quite as much since I don't do art anymore, but it makes me sad that the algorithm sucks there too.
@Totalanimefan: Cheese makes everything better. I mean, they even invented a cake made of cheese. (But please don't put cheese on a cake unless it's sweet mascarpone or creme cheese frosting :vanora_sweat: Looking at you, weirdo from college cafeteria)
I have many issues, gender things among them
I also have a ballet obsession and an unhealthy interest in Sonic the Hedgehog games. Take as you will, haha!
@ me, yo!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/01/13 19:27:02 )
@Totalanimefan: ricing cauliflower is easy (yes, food processor) but it's sooooo time consuming and messy!

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/01/13 19:27:13 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Onyx Popcorn: No algorithm really works on any site tbh lol.
twitter is not much better. but at least with IG i get some followers.
twitter i've barely gotten to 20.

@Totalanimefan: yeah good idea.
stay stafe.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/01/13 19:27:18 )
still I do not exactly like tpo spam or have any idea of what to write... feel ive writtten enough as it is * stares at the instagram-story I just filled with 10+? pages o an OC of mines backround story becaue my followers prefered them in the instastories over me just linking on my profile

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/01/13 19:28:35 )
@Onyx Popcorn: I haven't been up to much. I vacuumed. I made rice with broccoli. I helped one of my sons decide what to wear for an interview tomorrow. And now, I'm listening to my boy dog whine at me about something.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/01/13 19:30:34 )
@Totalanimefan: I honestly don't use mine very often these days. I use it mostly to rice cauliflower - lol!
Other shortcuts from the grocery = granola bars, sometimes premade burgers, pre-chopped (often frozen) butternut squash, ... stuff like that, and not a lot of things, really.

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/01/13 19:31:03 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Totalanimefan: good to hear.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/01/13 19:34:44 )
@Totalanimefan: exactly. We don't do burgers very often but it's often worth the price to just get them pre-shaped, etc. And yes, the hard squashes ... I love them but UGH they're annoying to prep!!

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/01/13 19:35:12 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Totalanimefan: snowed a few days ago but supposed to be pretty warm today.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website] | [Twitter] | [Instagram] | [Tumblr]

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.