Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk what do you do when someone doesn't like you?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/7 12:33:05 )
so i'm in a discord with some people from another site, and i swear the leader doesn't like me. they always ignore what i say, or at least most of the time, they never compliment me/my art/etc, but they'll compliment other people as soon as they post, and they pretty much always ignore any problems i post in the personal area.

i dont know why they don't like me- they've been like this since i joined, and we had never interacted before this.

since they're the leader, and everyone loves them, it's not like i can just say something in group or have them removed. what should i do? i feel really ignored and i just want to know why they don't like me

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/7 13:22:17 )
I would probably just block them and move on. (Sorry if I look like I don't have any good advice)

Donator — she/they Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/7 13:41:41 )
I used to get this a LOT because I was super shy and awkward (still am, lol). Then I started confronting people with my feelings and observations. 9 times out of 10 it was a big misunderstanding. Communication is fantastic. Just do it gently, and try not to sound accusatory... "I've been getting the impression that you might not like me very much, is there anything I can do to change that opinion, or am I off base?"
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/7 15:49:48 )

I vote for Glume’s advice and if that doesn’t work you will have to say goodbye.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — Frog bless Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/7 17:00:50 )
Sometimes you just have to accept that you're not everyone's cup of tea. That's ok! As long as they're not harassing you or something it's not a big deal. If you find meaningful connection with the others on the server, then focus on that. If not, maybe you should find a new place with people that you do.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/7 23:47:37 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

Like said before, its ok if not everybody likes you. ive recently been blocked on another site by somebody i never interacted withn im so confused lol. But if they have some sort of authority id message them privetly.

。.:☆*:・ヽ(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)

♦ Gob | 23 | Taurus | Belgium ♦
Insta | Toyhouse | Gallery | Carrd

♦ My Art Shop ♦

Donator — They/Them Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/9 06:25:37 )
I get this feeling a lot on discord. So you're not alone in that department.
For me tho, if I feel not welcomed enough or have any interactions from others, I leave the server. With the world as it is and my own personal life stress, I don't need to fight for validation from people who pay me no notice. There's other servers out there with way nicer people.
Comic | Cosplay

Donator — Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/13 07:23:24 )
I hope everything works out. <3 I can't relate to the Discord server issue specifically (as I've never been on it), but I also agree to find a friendlier server.

I still struggle every day with worrying about if people like me or not, although the anxiety was a much deeper horror show in the past. What I found helped was listening to music, setting out small goals to better acclimate to scary environments, drawing/writing/reading, removing stressors from my life, and just mainly being on my own every now and then to take care of myself~
‘god, tell us the reason youth is wasted on the young. I thought I saw you out there crying, woah-oh. I saw a lion kiss a deer, we are all lost stars trying to light up the dark.’ ~ Jungkook. / diary. text. visual. comm.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/18 12:15:19 )
I can kind of relate as I have had someone completely ignore me but chat to other people. I get very depressed and left out. Ways to cope with it are finding new people to talk to and build new friendships with them.

Donator — he/him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/1 15:31:36 )
That really sucks and I'm sorry to hear about it. I had a similar thing on another avatar site some years ago when my friend and I were real active in a hangout, and it appeared we were friends with everyone in the hangout, but the hangout creator/mod suddenly kicked us out? Like OK thanks????

We never did get that one resolved but I hope you can work through yours, since it sounds like you like the other members of the server. Like some others have said, since the person in question is a leader you might want to reach out to them and check in if it's bugging you to that extent. Another option is to just accept it and enjoy the other members who do interact with you :)
ping me for best results

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/8 22:54:38 )

I know it's been a while since you made this post, but I hope you were able to resolve the issue! :O

I kind of know that feeling. I was a part of a Discord server that always seemed bustling with conversation, but the second me or my friend would respond to the convos, the chat would go silent and die off (usually until someone else posted and then it'd be bustling again). I noticed it happening to my friend first, and over time I noticed it happening towards me, too. It got to a point where I'd experiment just to see if my hunches were right, and without fail we'd get ignored every time. We eventually stopped posting in the server and I haven't gone back since.

❀❀❀❀

Check out my shop! Currently selling Winter '21 Plasma Orb Items and more.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.