Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Welcome Committee Hi I'm very lost, pls help

Voltie — (They/She) Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/23 03:50:06 )

Hi!! My name is Seihou and while I'm not new to avatar-forum sites, I am lowkey very confused to this site. It reminds me a lot of gaia, but I never really got the hang of gaia so I'm still stuck. Oof.

Anyway, I'm 21 years old, I love space and lots of fandoms, I like roleplaying and being crafty with things. I also like talking to new people, which is ironic because I have really bad anxiety, especially social anxiety. Uuuuuuuh I guess that's it. Hello!!! :D

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/23 04:24:13 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
@Seihou: Welcome!

What's confusing you about this site? Perhaps I can help ^ ^

♫How`s the heart | Underneath the silence? | How`s the one | Drowning in the mire?♫
♫Let us sound a human paean | Come in, the fire`s warm | Burn the rope and dance some more♫

Donator — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/23 04:39:49 )
hey there, you sound cool! welcome to voltra :)

Ping me!

Hangout

Voltie — (They/She) Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/23 04:45:36 )

@Amber Lynne: Hi, and thanks! :D I think I don't have many questions, I probably really need to just click around and explore and get used to things. But thank you for offering!

@Shark: Thanks! You seem cool too! :D

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/23 04:50:45 )

@Seihou: Thankfully, we don't have a super complex site here yet =)
The main thing, is I would recommend making sure you're acquainted with the Forum rules as there are some things between here and gaia, or other avatar forums, that are a little different.

Please don't hesitate to ask any of us staff if you have a problem or need some help~<3

♫How`s the heart | Underneath the silence? | How`s the one | Drowning in the mire?♫
♫Let us sound a human paean | Come in, the fire`s warm | Burn the rope and dance some more♫

Voltie — (They/She) Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/23 04:59:49 )

@Amber Lynne: Ah yeah, that's fair. I'll take a look at the forum rules! :> Thank you for the heads up!

Donator — UWU/ Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/23 06:10:34 )
@seihou:

nah its all gud, welcome to Voltra!

nice you got some event items!
月の兎 ☆★☆ 鹿の光
カイル • WISHLIST

Voltie — (They/She) Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/23 06:24:30 )

@Kairu: Thank you!!! :D

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/23 07:50:40 )

@Seihou: hey welcome. What avatar sites were you on in the past?

Voltra is a smaller, but active avatar site with hard working staff and a nice community. You don’t need to worry about trolls here.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/24 01:50:27 )

@seihou: welcome! hope you enjoy your time here ^^~
    check out the roleplaying forum if you haven't already lol

@ me tho. | Hangout. | OCs. | Avatars.
looking to buy: ARIES

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/24 05:16:27 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

@Seihou: Hello and welcome!
I was the exact same when starting here!
I like instructions that tell me "now click on 1, 1 will do x. Now click on 2, 2 will do z" and some ppl just like figuring things out themselves. But here unlike other sites there isnt an overwhelming amount of features. So the exploring was not stressing me out lol.
I also have social anxiety, some days i simply cant bring myself to type anything, other days i will write like its my journal.
A thing that helps me is that i imagine im just spouting nonesense into the voids, sometimes somebody replys and sometimes not lol.

What kinda crafts have you made??

。.:☆*:・ヽ(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/24 06:38:36 )

@seihou: Hello there, and welcome to Voltra! 😃

There is a newbie guide here to help you get started, and there is also a Museum here where you can check all the non-common items ☺️

Hope you'll enjoy it here! 😊

Voltie — (They/She) Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/24 07:43:50 )

@Totalanimefan: Hi, and thanks! I was a part of recolor.me, and technically still am, but it's been slowly dying. And before that one, I used to be in this other site called LunaeSaga, but then that one just disappeared out of nowhere. That was actually super sad ; - ; But yeah, I'm happy to be here :D

@Deaa: Hi there! I definitely will later, I'm very interested in roleplaying here :D

@GoblinsAndTea: Ooooh I see! I am a little of both methods, but sometimes it's usually better for me to just try things on my own for a while, then ask for help if I need to. That usually does the trick for me.
And thank you for the advice! I will have to try that sometime. I think the thing that gives me social anxiety is not knowing how to either start conversations or continue speaking sometimes without being awkward, especially when I don't know what to talk about. If I know what I'm talking about, then I can talk for a very long time :'D As for crafts, I like to do paper crafts like origami and snail mail, and I did some crochet and knitting, basically anything that I can tangibly make, I have tried probably. Currently I'm trying my hand in friendship bracelet making with embroidery thread, and some stuff I would like to try is working with clay (specifically to make masks and little figurines that I can hold when I'm anxious) and maybe some actual embroidery. I try to look for more things to get into so I can keep myself busy!

@Merynia: Thank you so much for the links, they will be super useful to me!

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/24 07:45:48 )

@Seihou: Hey! You've got a cute avi now~<3
Sorry, saw it, had to comment. XD

Voltie — (They/She) Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/24 17:58:25 )

@Amber Lynne: Thank you!! :D I tried my best with what I had TuT

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/24 19:01:58 )

@seihou: Np, you're very welcome ☺️

~ I like cats ~

~ Timezone GMT +1 ~

*°•.•°*~ My Wishlist ~*°•.•°*

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/24 19:02:19 )

@Seihou: You ended up with a super cute result ^ ^
Also... I'mma send you a couple of things~<3

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/24 19:17:52 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

@Seihou: I tend to think "ok i dont know how to reply rn, ill come back to it later. Then i just compleatly forget about it until months later wich at that point i find kinda wierd to reply to. Its verry hard for me to maintain friendships bc of that. I have 2 friends tho and i think the only reasen we stay friends is bc they message me constantly but also they dont mind if i dont reply (also vice versa, somtimes i just talk but dont get an answer and then days later i get an answer).

Also those sound cool! the only origami thing i can make are stars lol. i do recently learnd how to knit so i hope to be able to one day make a sweater for myself heh. So yea i also do quite alot of crafts, most are related to my BJDs and sometimes for a cosplay. Seeing aas your intrested in doing more craft things id sugest BJDs as everything about them is customizeable but on the otherhand they are quite expensive... But starting of with a fashion doll and customizing them is a great start heh. I used to make clothes for mine but for some reasen i dont anymore, i do still make wigs, shoes, furniture (i made a lil couch recently), and now im making a helmet for my doll! Ill be making a sword and armour for them aswel. Its like a lil cosplay but its my own character ;w;

。.:☆*:・ヽ(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)

♦ Gob | 23 | Taurus | Belgium ♦
Insta | Toyhouse | Gallery | Carrd

♦ My Art Shop ♦

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/25 18:25:19 )

@Seihou: that’s sad. Voltra isn’t going anywhere so you don’t have to worry about that.
Have you read the newbie guide yet? That might help you

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — (They/She) Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/26 07:26:05 )

@Amber Lynne: WHOA!! THank you so much, you're too kind!! TuT And sorry for not replying sooner, I've been busy lately, which was a bit unexpected but very welcomed! O:

@GoblinsAndTea: Yeah, it's always good to have friends who are patient with you when you take a while to respond TuT I also have a few close friends, but since they're all at school or work (I don't go to school and I don't have a job because of circumstances) I don't get to hear from them lately since they're so busy. Because of my anxiety I keep overthinking but I'm doing better about that kind of stuff.
And I've never heard of BJDs, but I've looked them up and I definitely have seen those before! I might look into it more when I have the chance, since I'm a bit curious, but I don't really have the money to get stuff like that right now TuT

@Totalanimefan: I have looked at the newbie thread, but thank you anyway!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.