Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Entertainment Rating Anime!

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/24 08:32:43 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

Because i recently updated my myanimelist i wanted to give my top 10 animes (incl movies) and my top 5 worst animes
In return im asking for others to do the same bc i need more recomendations
Also dont get ofended, everybody has difrent taste so i want to see nobody being mean!!!

Top 10:
1: Howls Moving Castle - Movie
I think ive rewatched this 15 times already and im still not tired of it. Its my favorite movie of all time. Majoraty is also linked to me having it watched during a rough part in my life and it just made things a lil easyer.

2: The Girl Who Leapt Through Time - Movie
I watched this a hot while ago, i think i lended it from uh... no idea what its called in english but its like a library for movies. I dont remember mutch except that i cried so much and i had to take a nap right after. As somebody who barely cries with movies (i din cry when watching the foult in our stars) let alone real live events, this movie just fucked me up lol.

3: The Boy and the Beast - Movie
Again cried at this one!! I hate the ending! Why tf they do me like that!!!!! I WILL START SOBBING AGAIN IF I THINK ABOUT IT TO MUVH

4: School-Live! - Series
I watched the first episode bc it was rly populair. I was verry confused bc it looked so basic, i almost din finish the first episode bc it was rly boring but i finishd it. That end of the first episode staright up slapped me in the face so ofc i had to watch further. Now its one of my favorite animes. Also cried, if you dont cry your a monster. Best aproach to this anime: dont look up anything about it and get crushed

5: Mob Psycho 100 - Series
The humor is perfectly up my alley while still having epic battle scenes!
I watched this bc i liked one punch man but imo this one is far better.

6: Death Parade - series
I first watched the ova years bf the anime got released and was already hooked. The idea is so cool imo and its also just really sad. + the opening is rly catchy!

7: A silent voice - Movie
Amazing but its lower on the list only bc i read the whole manga series and my favorite part got left out. So unless they would make a second movie it will stay here.
The movie on its own is an absolute masterpiece tho! But if you can i recomend reading the manga, its the only written thing ive ever cried at. Absolutly devastating, yet so sweet. ALSO HELL YEA A DEAF CHARACTER!!

8: Clannad: After Story - Series
Yes the first one was good but the second one emotionally traumatized me. Out of this whole list this is the one i cried the most with. My gran got so worried with me lol

9: The Promised Neverland - Series
I was so stressed when watching this, its so good!!!!!

10: Naruto - Series
Honestly not the best but i have such an emotional atachment to this series. I finishd all 220 episodes + like 200 more episodes of shipuden. Then i forgot wich episode i was on and never continued lol. But lowkey, recently ive rewatched some of it and i got filled with memories

Honourable mentions: Paprika - Movie, Beastars - Series, Ouran Highschool Host Club - Series, No.6 - Series, Another - Series, Zankyou no Terror - Series, Colorful - Movie

Top 5 worst:
1: Junjou romantica - Series
This just rubbed me the wrong way ;-; The sexualazation of gay men, the r*pe jokes ect...
like as somebody whos lgbtq+ this is just 50 shades of wrong. And tbh i think like 99% of yaoi animes and mangas deserve to be on this list bc *barfing noises*.

2: Ousama game The animation - Series
I couldnt watch more then 2 episodes, it was horible. I read the manga and really liked it! I love similer mangas like Btoom, Doubt ect so i was verry exited for this anime but ooooof... dont... just dont

3: Toradora! - Series
Ok might b controversial bc i know alot of ppl actually like this one but....
This series made me realize i cant stand the "tsundere" type. I dont understand why i would root for the mc to be togeter with a lil shit like Taiga. If i could i would kick her face but alas. This anime made me feel many emotions and non where positive

4: Serial Experiments Lain - Series
So my mom bought me this series and i was all exited to watch it but my peanut brain understood 0 things of what was happening. Ontop of that it was boring, so i couldnt finish it

5: Hyouka - Series
Another controversial one!!
But i tried to watch this like 5 times, having rewatched the first few episodes again and again and i just cant get into it. The animation is stunning but other then that its so boring

。.:☆*:・ヽ(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)

Donator — He/him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/24 12:09:33 )
Top 10 faves! (I don't really have any I hate, so I'll just include ones I love)

10. Eyeshield 21
The ball GOES. 10/10. Art is by Yusuke Murata, so you're in for a treat. His work influenced my own, so I'm biased lol.

9. Keroro Gunso/Sgt. Frog
Talking alien frogs try to take over the world and fail miserably due to crippling debt and gundam addiction.

8. Majin Tantei Nogami Neuro
Demonic Toucan Sam gently persuades a tired high school student to feed him brain puzzles

7. Mushishi
It's beautiful, calming, and has an amazing feel of mystique in its' atmosphere, story and music.

6. Toriko
It's got buff dudes, food, and buff dudes eating food. Not much else you can ask for in life.

5. Berserk
If you like gore, watch this. You'll be very satisfied.

4. One Piece
Pirates. It's long. I'm STILL not caught up. I've read it for 10 years. Help me.

3. Paprika
I'm not spoiling it. Just watch it. It's WEIRD. Good-weird.

2. Yu Yu Hakusho
Local high school delinquent punches ghosts because. Really pleasant art, again, I believe it was one of my first animes.

1. Muhyo & Roji's Bureau of Supernatural Investigation
This manga got me through the hardest and darkest part of my life and as such it forever holds a spot dear to me. After 12 years it's finally gotten an anime, too! Local exorcists struggle to pay rent while ex boyfriend attempts to ruin everyone's lives.

Donator — Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/25 00:17:31 )
omg I love No.6, I love Nezumi/Shion a lot <33

Hm...About top anime/mangas... I used to be pretty big on it in the past...

Here is my jumbled list of what I remember enjoying: Kuroshitsuji, Death Note, No.6, Naruto, Howl’s Moving Castle, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Kuroko no Basuke, Free! Iwatobi Swim Club, Higurashi no naku Koro ni, Fullmetal Alchemist, Shingeki no Kyojin, Romeo x Juliet, One Piece, Fruits Basket. A few I’ve completed, and many others I haven’t xD
‘god, tell us the reason youth is wasted on the young. I thought I saw you out there crying, woah-oh. I saw a lion kiss a deer, we are all lost stars trying to light up the dark.’ ~ Jungkook. / diary. text. visual. comm.

Donator — Any Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/25 01:33:41 )

:::ʚ♡ɞ:::
1. Demon Slayer
2. Parasyte
3. Elfen Lied
4. Junji Ito Collection
5. Another
6. Chobits
7. Attack on Titan
8. Naruto (such a classic tbh)
9. One Punch Man
10. Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid
An honorable mention is def How to Keep a Mummy!!

I don't really hate any animes. Theyre all pretty interesting, though I haven't watched a lot. I think sometimes people take them too seriously haha.

:::ʚ♡ɞ:::

Please ping me!

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/25 08:20:34 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

@KDA Drew: HOW DARE YOU!!!
but no in all honestly, I dont think Naruto is the best anime out there. But it was my verry first anime ive ever watchd and as a lil 13y/o bean i was just amazed, a whole new world opend. However i totally get where your coming from.

@Alethna: Hohoho!! I actually put Zankyou no Terror in my hounorable mentions! I was absolutly broken!! Im still so mad!!!!! AAAAAAAAA.
I tried watching Anohana once but for some reasen stopped after the first episode however i will def put it on my list to watch!

@milkshake: Seeing as you like the horror animes i recomend Yamishibai: Japanese Ghost Stories. Its the only drawn/animated series ive ever actually been scared with. Ive also watched the Junji Ito series and it was def good, but i much preffer the manga

@Jessamine: Oh my!!! Its such an under apreciated series! Its on my list of rewatches! + I also havent actually read the manga yet...

@Toby: Aha! another one in my Honourable mentions was Paprika! I remember exactly when i watched it and what i was doing!
It was new years eve 2017, my mom rented me this movie and i was eating mini hamburgers!
But the movie is so good, AND THE MUSIC!! I still listen to that soundtrack alot!

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/25 11:11:53 )

"migikata ni murasaki choucho kisu o shita kono heya no"

Yesss someone else who likes School Live! Even if.... the anime ripped my heart out. ;-; I still think it was really well done.

My top 10?? Ahaha... I don't know if I even have one. ;-; And if we're including movies half my list will be Ghibli movies....

But for series uhm let's see..........

1. Natsume Yuujinchou - Really heartwarming series about a teenage boy named Takashi Natsume who can see yokai. He finds a book his grandmother made filled with the names of many yokai that she took and now they want their names returned to them. Also features the most adorable fat cat named Nyanko-sensei.

2. Bungou Stray Dogs - A fun series about an Armed Detective Agency who have special abilities that help them fight against the Port Mafia(who also have special abilities). They take in Atsushi who used to be an orphan that feels his life has no meaning.

3. Yuukoku no Moriarty - This series aired just a few months ago, but it has quickly become one of my favorites. It's basically about William Moriarty, Sherlock's so-called rival. He's a math professor, but he also has a side job... as a crime consultant.

4. A Certain Scientific Railgun - While I love the franchise of Index/Railgun as a whole, I prefer the Railgun series more. It's also about characters who have abilities. It takes place in Academy City, which is full of students learning how to perfect their abilities if they have one(there's also ones without).

5. Yuri on Ice - Another heartwarming series about Yuri Katsuki who needs the help of Viktor to help him come back from his defeat as a figure skater.

I have other favorites, but I only wanted to list a few. ;-;

Donator — Frog bless Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/25 20:31:12 )
I can't rank them but here's a list of some I really love:

D.Gray-Man: It's really weird and has a lot of crazy character designs, but I LOVE THEM ALL SO MUCH. I cried like every episode (I laughed too).

Violet Evergarden: Speaking of crying, get hydrated because you're going to need it.

Slayers: Speaking of laughing. This is still one of my favorites even after all this time. It's just SO FUNNY. (ps. don't watch the dub ever)

Mushishi: It's just so chill and interesting. I love Ginko and how he handles things with an open mind. (Honorable mention to Natsume Yuujinchou which has a very similar vibe, but 100% more cat)

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Donator — He/him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/27 14:36:08 )
GoblinsAndTea:

Susumu Hirasawa's music is amazing omgg
He did a track for Berserk as well and I think that's partly what pulled me in

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/28 02:58:36 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

@KittyBeary: Ive watched most of Yuri on ice but never finished it D;

@Priestess of Pie: Violet evergarden looks so pretty! Next time i want to go on an emotional roller coaster ill def watch that!

♦ Gob | 23 | Taurus | Belgium ♦
Insta | Toyhouse | Gallery | Carrd

♦ My Art Shop ♦

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/28 04:00:46 )

"migikata ni murasaki choucho kisu o shita kono heya no"

@GoblinsAndTea: You should finish it, it's so good. ;-;
I mostly lurk, but will post from time to time.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.