Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk I'm not okay. I just need to rant a long one

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/5 18:44:41 )

I've made several attempts to share my issues here but I bailed every single time. To be open to anyone is not easy and I always felt on guard and secretive when I meet people online or in real life. But now I think is getting to the point that is hard to just smile and act I'm all right when I'm not. I've been having crappy sleep and my insomnia wasn't that very bad until very recently and last night was one of the worst and I cried myself to sleep.

My family is a bit fucked up, we're in much better terms now but it used to be really bad back then. My mom hoards and to top it all off she has some issues of her own one that she can have quite a temper which made it hard to live with her at one point. She raged because we were evicted once in our old apartment because of her problem and it was hard to see her break down afterwards and blame herself for it after, even when we manage somehow move to another place in a short amount of time. She gradually changed after that and she will easily get furious at almost everything including the rest of us and to be honest is been a long time I lived in a home that there's no clutter everywhere. I was in return extremely hurt of some of the things she would say when she's angry one that hurts the most when she wished she never had me. And that hurt turn into anger and that was a fucking nasty phase that I don't want to relive in. Because I pretty much really fucking hated her that I blamed her for everything.

I want to see the good in her and she really is but I just see flaws, she screwed us up financially, she was so judgmental spoke ill behinds people back including to us and feed into drama like it's nothing and she just can't take no for an answer. I was forced on a lot of "favors" of her that I never felt comfortable with because I also have fucking issues but I had to follow it because I know what she's gonna say when I don't. Honestly It feels like I can go on but I don't want to. It just got so bad that I become doormat and I just dish out whatever insults comes in my way because I'm a lowly scum of the society that didn't have a job and didn't go to college and is wasting my life browsing on the internet all day. but I realized that she was over demanding of things at the time and I had no choice but to comply because she was my mother. I think Dad helped me pull out of that one and I shouldn't tolerate that which got me into self-love journey and learning to say damn no to her which was difficult and set boundaries which is important.

Now I just want to move on but idk if I can forgive my mom even when she realized her own mistakes and tried to be better and ask for my forgiveness. I lost so much respect of her but at the same time I respect her enough because she's my mother and she was also going through something at the time. But once in a while I do get triggered about certain moments and one when someone tries to visit our home that has always been stressful which is happening now. And I'm already dealing with other things to top it all off too. Just a visit made me remember how it was back then and I just shut down yesterday and was on youtube all day just for the need to just go away for awhile. But I'm doing a bit better today.

I love my mom and still care for her and I realize I have extreme mommy issues. We're okay now and she's no firecracker anymore but is not easy to open up to her now but I don't really want to hold anymore resentment but it happens sometimes. But mostly I feel burnout especially when I'm with her and the lockdown is not making it better. idk that's enough rant I'm done

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/5 20:04:16 )

Thanks for posting this. I know it was hard for you to do. You have good empathy skills. You are able to see past the pain and anger and see your mom as a person even though she is fucked up many times. Not everyone has that skill.
I know that it might sound cliche but I highly recommend therapy. It can be with you and your mom, or just you with a therapist.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/5 20:51:19 )

@Totalanimefan: Thanks. I was honestly afraid of the feedback I might get from this but I'm glad I finally got it done and over with.
Maybe someday, me and my family are in good terms but opening up with my mom is hard alone because of the past we had, but I've done a bit with my brother and father.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/5 22:58:26 )

@Purpsy: People have always been kind to me when posting in the Serious Talk forum. I think we all just want to help each other out.
I can see how Therapy would be awkward with your mom. But going just you is good too. It helps you learn how to deal with people lol

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/6 00:24:08 )

@Totalanimefan: Yeah that's why I love this community so much :)
But is still scary because I'm not one good at handling criticisms well.
Yeah, I've had social workers before when I was in school and that was nice. But I don't think anytime soon especially now.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/6 00:40:49 )

@Purpsy: Yeah Voltra is great! They have always helped me through the years. ^^
I think that if your therapist is critizing you, they are doing it wrong. But I know that they aren't all the best. Like Social workers are great but sometimes they get tired and cranky too.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — Frog bless Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/6 01:54:04 )
I'm glad to hear you're setting boundaries. That's a very hard thing to learn how to do for some people (myself included). It's so, so important though.

Forgiveness is such a complicated thing sometimes. It means different things to different people. Personally though, I think you can forgive someone but still get mad about what happened sometimes. You also don't have to allow it to happen again. Do no harm, take no shit.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/6 03:22:49 )

@Priestess of Pie: Yeah it feels like forgiveness is like that for me now. At this point, all the hate I had towards her is mostly depleted and what's left of is just hurt and disappointment. I've learned from some psychiatrist who streams to help the gaming community on Twitch that anger comes from hurt and that very well describes what I'm feeling now. I've set boundaries and do my best to speak the truth to her without loosing my shit and is still learning. Is freaking hard because I've been a doormat to her for so long and that I still feel guilty setting boundaries.

@Totalanimefan: I honestly met too many people like that, not even therapists just strangers that are one point friends with my family one point or another and is honestly my pet peeve now to meet people that can't mind their own business. Voltra is such a treasure to me, because is nice to just talk with our issues with not much judgement. I hope it stays that way.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/6 05:14:19 )
@purpsy: Yes u_u it's unfortunate but the fact is that we were conditioned to feel guilty. Sometimes the person doesn't even realize they're doing it. It takes a complete mental override to come to terms with the fact that we don't owe anyone anything unless an agreement is made between both parties. If something is a bad deal for you, you're allowed to say no, even if that person is someone you care about. Because if they really do care about you? They'd want you to have the best deal possible.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/6 15:57:32 )

@Priestess of Pie: Yeah, and sometimes you don't realize that the people your close with are toxic until much later. All through fron going within and doing some self-reflective thinking.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/6 17:52:38 )
@Purpsy: Thank you for opening up. <3 That's so hard to do, with online friends and RL friends.
I don't have advice to give. I just think you're amazing for opening up and being prepared for feedback from the community you hang out with online. <3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/7 04:05:46 )

@Koah: Thanks :3 *hugs you*
I'm able to open up here because of the lovely community we have going on here from my experience getting to know some people including yourself~ And understanding that I'm not the only one going through something. It makes it easier to share my story.

Plus I just really needed to rant lmao

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/7 15:32:21 )
@Purpsy: *hugs back* It's been fun getting to know people on avi sites again. I took a couple of years hiatus, it's been nice meeting new people and sharing stuff about myself. Voltra has a great community. :3
and I know the feeling, I rant often about things that make me hurt. <3

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.