Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Help cheer me up?

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/28 03:44:10 )

After waiting for months to hear back about whether I got accepted into dental hygiene school or not, I got an email today saying I had been rejected.

This is my 3rd rejection between 2 different schools. I've been applying since 2019.

Despite trying to be positive and hopeful, a part of me expected this to happen, but the reality of it is bumming me out to my core. What am I doing wrong? Why am I not good enough?

I've put so much time and effort into each application. I feel defeated. I don't know if I have it in me to apply for a 4th time.

Please help cheer me up.

❀❀❀❀

Check out my shop! Currently selling Winter '21 Plasma Orb Items and more.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/28 16:47:02 )

@Ark: Oh no. That's really awful!! I would be heartbroken too.

Would you like a video with funny animals?
Youtube Funny Cats!
Youtube Unusual Memes

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/28 22:15:40 )
Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!

I'm sorry :(

I totally get you on the rejection front, though. I was just rejected by the government to be my father's live-in caretaker ... and job I'm already doing for free. Apparently, he isn't far gone enough for them to give me money for his care, even though I do a lot for him already. We are going to re-apply, but I don't have much in the way of hope that their answer will be any different.

Like Ava said, though, I'm super proud of you for continuing to try! Have you considered something like job cops to get a cna/nurse license, before continuing on for your dental degree? It's totally free, and they even provide room, food, and a small paycheck every two weeks. It's not a lot of money, but considering that they pay for everything else you could possibly need, it's a nice little bit of pocket change. I actually went to one - they are all over the USA - and got my culinary degree.

We’re all stories, in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?
Mellonin's Ramblings

Voltie — He/ him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/12 17:01:45 )
Shoot! That is a bummer. I am not old enough to understand fully, but...
Funny animal videos are kinda good for this. And Mellonin's suggestion sounds interesting. And either way... There is still so much you can do, I am sure of it.
I am evil. You are evil.
We're all evil.

Ping me. I don't bite.

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/13 00:29:43 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

I'm so sorry about your rejection. I am sure it's not you at all.
I understand how you feel as I have felt the same way but with getting commissioned with art.

I am sure someone will accept your application soon!
I know it's not easy to keep trying when you keep getting rejected.

i hope things turn around for you soon.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.