Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts Camp Half-Blood

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/25 08:10:31 )

@Kory: Like... Minimally?
      I know it's a twitch thing...

I don't think you can be an L, you just take it.
      And I'll take all my L's before I learn this stupid slang. lmfao

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/26 03:31:57 )

@Kory: I'm unconcerned with dealing with the Youths. lmao
      I will be a crotchety old lady and they're gonna have to deal with that.
      Fear me and my ye olde slang.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/26 22:53:13 )

@Kory: I get along with everyone.
      I get along with adults because growing up I was the only kiddie kid. The closest "kids" to my age were my two cousins, who were homies with each other and didn't want their little cousin following them around. (I was like 4-5 years younger than them.)
      And I get along with kids for the same reason. I never had that connection as a kid, so after my sister was born (7 years younger) suddenly everyone I knew was 6-9 years younger than me.
      It's a jumbled mess and I just don't have the brain capacity to learn all this slang. XD
      Gotta have friends closer to your own age, too.
      Currently the people I talk to the most are in their 20's and early 30's. (Like me, a simple moron of 28.) So it's a good balance.
      Though tbh sometimes adults keep that high school drama bs strong and act 16 forever.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/12 03:03:40 )

Pleased to announce that this will now be my only hangout thread.
      I have closed all of my Hogwarts ones across every avi site I can remember it being on. lol

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/6 07:39:20 )
WE'VE GOT OUR TRIO!!!
Congrats to Grover (Aryan Simhadri), Percy (Walker Scobell), and Annabeth (Leah Sava Jeffries)!

Art by SiminieDoodles
First person to say anything negative about the casting choices gon' catch these mfing hands.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/7 21:54:10 )

@Kory: A mood.
      I live with my grandparents and it's a pain to see other people living their lives. lol
      I've got friends who've gotten married, had kids, blah blah.
      And I'm like... I almost choked to death in the shower this morning.
      I don't know how people get their lives together or keep it together.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/8 01:47:53 )
Howdy everyone how y’all doing?

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/8 02:31:53 )
@Kory: it good to see you again as well. How have you been?

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/8 03:10:37 )
@Kory: sure you can do that. It was good, I did t realize how little snacks Disneyland had compared to Disney world. It was so odd to me that the common snacks where giant turkey legs or corn on the cob.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/8 03:52:41 )
@Kory: I agree that is lackluster. I don't think I will ever need to go back to Disney Land. It was nice, but I say the nicer part was the ir's a small world ride, otherwise, it was meh.

In LA we didn't go many places, we were there during oscar time, so lots of places we wanted to see were blocked off. We did go to Little Tokyo in LA, and like go the Griffth observator.

We didn't have time in the trip to go to universal. Wish had had time to though.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/8 18:54:45 )

@Rei Ann: Howdy. welcome to Camp!
      Doing alright, aside from my insomnia kicking my ass again.
      How are things with you?

@Kory: Yeah, I feel that.
      I feel like I'm stuck at the bottom of a well and life is just passing me by outside of it.
      It's ass.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/8 23:49:35 )
@Anarchist Beauty: Things are alright. It's been a tough mothers day, this year. But I did have fun with my husband's family. We went to a baseball game, so I'm like dead on my feet. Did you see the cast for the new Percy Jackson show?

@Kory: Well I've been to Disney a few times. Florida pretty easy for me to get to in a day max. Plus I have some family down there so it makes it easy to do a whole like two birds one stone trip. That's sounds pretty cool, I love going to comic book stores. We went to Santa Monica too, and I discovered there is a whole store for Miraculous Ladybug, which I thought was hilarious.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/9 18:36:37 )

@Kory: I feel that.
      It's all just... UGH. x.x

@Rei Ann: That's cool.
      I did see it!
      I'm so excited!
      And I've seen SO MUCH fanart already.
      Artists are insane with their quickness. lol

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/9 23:30:53 )
@Anarchist Beauty: Really there is fanart already? People do be swift. I'm so excited to have the show coming. I think I'm more excited for this one than the Avatar live action, of the Nick show.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/10 03:36:14 )

@Rei Ann: There was fanart hours after the cast was announced. lmao
      People are ON SHIT.
      And I don't really care about the ATLA remake.
      They already fucked it up once, they need to leave it alone.
      It's one of the most iconic and the most superior show, like, ever.
      Leave it be.
      But I am HYYYYYYYYPE for this Percy Jackson show.
      Because Rick gets his say in everything!
      He won't let them ruin his books again.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/10 12:57:27 )
@Anarchist Beauty: Damn people got the shiz on lock.
I'm curious for the remake, and like at least he cast looks legit.
Goodness when they made the first movie for that, and I hear the director being all like we change how the names are said to be more like Asian culture, I was like you ruined this property didn't you? Why?
Oh he legits get a say on everything this time? None of this, like they are teenagers cause kids can't be shown driving and we are gonna murder your book vision? I'm so hopeful for this.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/10 22:14:17 )

@Rei Ann: They really do.
      The talent and speed behind them, unmatched.
      And yes!
      Rick is the final word on everything!
      The casting choices are his, he's helping adapt the books into a script, everything.
      He is integral to this because he HATES the movies. lmao
      Which is why I'm so excited!!

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/10 23:56:42 )
@Anarchist Beauty: That is so awesome. Man, I am ready now the show now. I just saw today on twitter he was blasting people for being upset with Annabeth's casting. Which makes me proud to see a creator of a fandom I love stand up against stuff like that.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/11 02:25:28 )
@Kory: I think maybe it's a perm store, it's called the Zag store, I think. It's in Santa Monica, and pretty nice looking. That about all I know.

Yeah, my father's side of the family is in FL, and so is some of my stepfamily. So like, kinda works out.

I would totes shop in comic stores, but I go rarely, as I drop too much money on it. I had been trying to get old teen titans comics and such. Of course right now im obessed with Loki again. We reawatched the Loki show before we saw Doctor Strange 2.
Rei's Quest
Please ping me.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/11 03:00:06 )

@Rei Ann: Oh yeah, just saw that too.
      Rick is NOT here for racist bullshit.
      'iT's NoT aCcUrAtE tO tHe BoOkS'
      It's a series about DEMIGODS and their SATYR best friend fighting MONSTERS and GODS, but you only want accuracy and realism when it comes to a black girl being cast?
      Some people need to take a Dodger's game full of seats and shut up.

@Kory: Oh a mood.
      All my friends are online, too. lmao
      IRL my friends are.... My aunt and my sister. XD

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.