Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk How to deal with sudden friend loss?..

Donator — He/him Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/21 09:25:12 )
I can't really... feel anything right now
They're not dead, but the person in question rather suddenly wanted to end our friendship and blocked me after informing me of such. They were [I thought] one of the closest people to me in my life and I'm very doubtful I'll get to speak with them again.
How do you all cope with stuff like this? I want to figure it out before the numb feeling goes away

Donator — He/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/21 19:02:11 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

Ive had this happen, however my friend had feelings for me and i didnt for them. I did say to go out with them for awhile bc i was scared to lose them and in the end i knew it wouldnt work out so i told them. And i understand their pov, but it still hurt back then when they blocked me ect. I was quite misreble and thats actually the first time i questioned my family ab mental health stuff. I told my gran i felt misreble.I felt bad due to them leaving but it basicly caused a domino effect and everything at once fell. Years later when i was on vacation they send me and we became friends again... But i feel like we both changed, me the most... and i started to see how much of a toxic person they where. Getting jelous over my other friend, i couldnt talk ab my intrest bc they just ignored it, got mad at me for not being able to tell why i was depresed, said they deserved therapy more then i do bc they "have an actual reasen", acused me of never giving them anything while i did gift them something everytime i saw them... and a whole bunch more

In the end we had a fight ab something stupid, i wanted to talk ab it, they didnt. They blocked me again. Then had the nerve at a con to come to me and ask me why i didnt wanna talk.

This happend i think in 2017/2018, everytime i see them now i panick. I still get so worked up about it bc at one point they meant so much to me. And then i heard trough mutual friendship (that ended up not being friends with them anymore) that they started talking shit ab me behinde my back.

I truly hate them, they caused me alot of pain.... but i so dearly miss the good times. Ever since that first time they blocked me i havent been mentally ok. And ofc its not all their foult but its hard not to link it to them.
What i did, i honestly dont remember but i think its the same as i always do, find distractions lol. Series, movies, games, anything that din let me think ab it. Not saying its good tho

A more positive situation:
I once made a friend on an anime app, it had an ouran highschool host club chat and they where rping as Kyoya Ootori. It was a group rp but we just got along very well and started talking outside of it. This went on for like almost 2 years and then they messaged me like this really long thing. They wanted to focus on studies and had to abandon the app and wanted to say a last goodbye to me. But it was all like so bigly worded and i got very sad.
This happend back in 2015 and ive never heard from them again ....

Annyway, i know its hard especially if the person meant so much to you. I feel like its importand to talk if needed

。.:☆*:・ヽ(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)

♦ Gob | 23 | Taurus | Belgium ♦
Insta | Toyhouse | Gallery | Carrd

♦ My Art Shop ♦

Donator — He/him Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/21 19:37:52 )
@Kory: They explained their reasoning in their message and it's a valid reason, but the pain is still there and I feel like I should have said more to them when I had the chance to [They waited for me to respond first, assuming to make sure I read it]; I was so in shock that I just kind of went 'stay safe' and I hope they do. I just wish I could move on from it and I don't know how.
I hope you have many new friends now, I'm sorry to hear what happened with your old ones :(

@GoblinsAndTea: I'll have to look into more distractions, but I think it'll probably only help short-term; I'm so glad you are out of that situation, it sounds like it still hurts for you, may that pain ease with time
Here is hoping you see that RPer again though they sound delightful!

Donator — buckaroo Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/21 20:58:04 )

This has happened to me too... I remember it so clearly - at least how I felt about it.
It was extremely painful, and I took it out on myself. Like it was my fault or that I wasn't good enough.

I really hate that this is true, but it really is: that time heals all wounds.
I sincerely offer my condolences, it's a truly difficult thing to go through.
But you will come out of it eventually, and you'll always have your memories.
People come and go, and that's one of the hardest things to accept about life. At least, for me.

I guess I don't have much advice, I just wanted to reach out to encourage you.
You got this! If anything, you at least have a small support system on Voltra. :-)

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.