Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk someone hit my car...

Donator — buckaroo Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/22 23:05:34 )

I've had a very stressful week.

I woke up yesterday to find someone sideswiped my car in the middle of the night.
It's not that bad, but my left side mirror is smashed and shattered,
and my front left fender over my tire is dented and scratched, and the paint is peeling off.
They left scratches on my tire rims as well.

Could be worse, at least it's still operable. But it just... sucks.

And all last week I had to catsit for my parents while they were away,
and I love seeing my childhood kitty, but I hate staying the night there.
I couldn't sleep or get comfortable at all, and it made my anxiety really spike.

I feel like I couldn't breathe for a whole week. I just kept it in and didn't really react at all.
Until this morning, I had to drive my smushed car and my anxiety reached its precipice.
I had to pull over and just let all my anxiety pour out.
My sweet sweet boyfriend drove to me on his break and helped me through it.

I don't feel too much better, things still kinda suck,
but it does feel like there's some physical pressure that's been released from my chest.
Sometimes I feel like I just need a good cry.

I wanna do something tonight - something that requires minimal effort - to make myself feel better.
I have some adorable Pillsbury Halloween cookies I wanna bake.
I'd also really appreciate if anyone left some suggestions for some things I can do.

Voltie — They/He Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/23 02:24:48 )
Should they keep it on display...

not sure if you still need ideas, but I have a few!

-Coloring Books
-Scrapbooking or Collages (they don't need a meaning it's just fun to glue stuff on things lol)
-watch a movie/tv show that makes you laugh
-calming or cute video games
-sing to your favorite songs! This one is oddly therapeutic for me
-take a nap/go to bed early
-puzzles (not just jigsaw puzzles, there's also puzzle game apps! I like playing 1010 and I Love Hue)

Or redecorate?

Donator — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/23 02:59:25 )

Man, I’m sorry that happened to you. Dealing with that stress on top of your heightened anxiety sounds awful. :c

Since it’s spooky season, why don’t you unwind by painting or carving pumpkins with your boyfriend? I’ve been dealing with some underlying stress lately, but my boyfriend and I painted pumpkins earlier this week and in that moment I felt at ease. It was so fun and therapeutic, and just a nice little experience to share with him since we’ve never done that together before. Maybe you two can give it a shot? :3

❀❀❀❀

Check out my shop! Currently selling Winter '21 Plasma Orb Items and more.

Donator — buckaroo Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/23 05:00:37 )

@maxisconfused: wow, I’m almost in tears reading this list. I felt better even just reading it, haha. Definitely gonna try out the coloring book and collaging ideas tonight. I’ve definitely already belted it to some music today, and even some disney tunes lol.

Thanks for all the suggestions, I really appreciate it ^^

@ark: this is a great idea, I love that we have a theme here. Will pick out pumpkins tomorrow for painting on Sunday. I like how this will be way less messy than carving. I mean, in theory. I have a small inkling that paint is going to be everywhere :’)

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/23 06:11:04 )

That is a really awful week. :(
-hugs-
You should for sure bake those cookies. I bought the same ones and ate them this week lol.

Donator — buckaroo Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/23 18:31:17 )

@totalanimefan: Aw thanks <3
And they’re good lil sh*ts aren’t they?? So small and soft and sooo addicting. They’re almost like potato chips but… cookies lol.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/25 03:30:49 )

@icedchai: Yes! I could ate them until my stomach hurt lol
You can't have just one of them lol

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.