Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums News & Updates The Surge: The Fairgrounds Have Arrived!

Npc — He/Him Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/18 05:40:23 )

How are you doing today’s Voltra? I’d love to sit and catch up, but we have more important matters to attend to…

Fairgrounds are Open!

After a long, exhausting wait, I’m proud to announce that Voltra’s Fairgrounds are open to the public! And with the opening comes a new game open to the public… Blackjack!

Now let’s get the formalities out of the way and answer all your burning questions!

What is the Fairgrounds?

The Fairgrounds is Voltra’s very own hub for games! Hosted by the circus troupe, Cirque ad Inftinitum, join in the fun and win some fabulous prizes along the way!

How do I access the Fairgrounds?

On the top header there is the link in the form of a graphic! Click on it to be instantly transported!

What are the prizes?

During events, games will grant players that event’s currency to be used in Joyful Jamboree to buy event exclusive items. This is great for Volties who prefer to lurk and want to avoid the forums, or for those who are looking to snag some extra items for the future!

Coming soon, the games will grant tickets! These tickets can be used to buy items exclusive to a shop run by Cirque’s very own Constance! Make sure not to miss out on all the wonderful prizes around the corner!

What is the limit?

Each game will define a daily earning limit. You can continue playing even after you’ve reached the limit, but you will not receive any additional currency until the day rolls over. As well, the game will alert you when you hit your limit, so you’ll never be caught off guard!

If I hit the limit and play Blackjack again, will it still take volts?

Blackjack will no longer deduct volts from your wallet once you’ve hit your daily limit. After that, you’re free to play for fun as long as you want!

Can I customize my Blackjack Game?

Yes! In the top right corner, clicking “Settings” will allow you to choose different card decks and table colours!
Play around with it and have fun!

What are the Rules to Blackjack?

Our Blackjack game operates by standard rules, but to those unaware:

The goal is to beat Lin by getting a count as close to 21 as possible, without going over 21.
Aces are worth either 1 or 11. Face cards are worth 10 points.
You will be dealt two cards. Lin will be dealt two as well, one face up, one face down.
You will be given three options: Hit, Stand, or Double.
Hit: Ask for another card.
Stand: Do not ask for another card.
Double: Double down on your bet, and you will be given just one additional card.

Will more games be added?

Yes, eventually. As well, past event games will also be added in a future update for everyone to relive!

If you have any further questions/concerns/feedback, feel free to comment below!

Reaping Ritual Event: Restless Slumber!

Those darn Agents of Entropy are at it again... The Reaping Ritual is in full swing! Join in the activities, save the NPCs, and earn some seriously cool prizes!

Check out the FAQ for more information! Get involved!

Well that's all for now people! I'd love to stick around, but I have business to attend to. Catch you all later Voltra, see you at the Voltra Defense Centre!

Surge organized by ghost

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/18 06:04:11 )

Thank you for adding this!
I've been waiting for the day I could play Blackjack on Voltra!

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/18 08:37:00 )
Thank you Spark! This is real helpful :)
I mostly lurk, but will post from time to time.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/18 12:50:40 )
Well this is a cool addition to the site - congrats on getting it done and released! I'm sure it will be a popular option. And thanks! <3

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/18 13:46:08 )
I like the Blackjack game, It is fun! Thanks for adding it.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/18 14:22:15 )

Thank you for adding this! 😍❤️❤️❤️

~ I like cats ~

~ Timezone GMT +1 ~

*°•.•°*~ My Wishlist ~*°•.•°*

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/18 15:54:29 )
Low, keep your head, keep your head low...
.......................................Oh, you gotta keep your head low...

When does blackjack roll over? I played last night around 8-10p but going into the game today it says I’ve claimed 5/5 times :)

Still so excited we have more games to play however this is awesome

...If you wanna keep your head

Admin — He/Him Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/18 16:13:12 )
@Spider: The answer to your question is below!

@All Volties:

We have a some dev work to do with the automated reset of game rewards.
So, at this time we unfortunately have to manually update. Manual resets will typically be around 6pm Voltra time until we get the automation to work again and then reset time will be 12:00am Voltra Time.

I have went and reset game rewards just now though!
Enjoy!
If you need assistance or just want to chat, you may contact me anytime by ping or PM.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/18 16:40:31 )
Oh amazing! I love this addition to the site. <3

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/18 17:47:42 )
Low, keep your head, keep your head low...
.......................................Oh, you gotta keep your head low...

@Vozzy:

Thanks for the quick response :D

...If you wanna keep your head
Mr. Spider wants M̷̖̥͓̋͆́̚o̶̟͛̅r̴̨͍͔̦̰͙̈́e̵̝͑̆͐

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/19 19:06:41 )

Hey @Vii: Thanks for all you have done with the fairgrounds.
There were times that I lost because it wasn't counting the Ace as a 1 or 11. It was only counting it is 11. So it caused me to go over.
It was when I would hit the double down button instead of hit button. I'm not sure if it also happens when clicking hit.

Also, in real BJ if one naturally is handed BJ by the dealer (like a face card + an Ace) they win automatically and normally you win double the bet. Could this please be implemented in the future? I could naturally get BJ and accidentally click hit and loose lol

Donator — A.I. Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/19 20:26:19 )
// AI-COM MNRVA : activate MIDNIGHT EXIGENT(aurora knives)

@Totalanimefan: I'll have to take a closer look at the double down parameters; a maths function or value that's present in the regular endgame calculator may be missing in the double down gamestate. c:

As for point 2, automatic wins on 21 points / being dealt the actual black Jack are definitely slated for an update, as well as the ability to set your own wager!

// AI-COM : return // end of line
[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/19 21:39:16 )

@Vii: thank you for looking into the bug.
Awesome. I wasn’t sure if the game was going to have updates in the future or not. I will look forward to it ^^

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.