Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Events Restless Slumber: The Overgrown Door (VOTING CLOSED)

Npc — He/Him Posted 2 weeks ago ( 2021/11/26 00:03:51 )


You’re not sure what to make of the door as you approach it. It has been long reclaimed by nature, the aged, mossy wood overtaken by lush, leafy vines and sprouting fungi. It almost seems beautiful, but it’s hard to admire it when you’re currently worrying about what could be held on the other side. Regardless, you reach out to brush aside the vines and turn the handle to enter. After all, you’re certain of what this door DOES contain: somebody in need.

A sea of trees that seem to reach endlessly into the moonless sky surround you as you find yourself standing in the middle of a dark, dense forest. As you take in the new environment, an unsettling realization hits you. It’s dead silent. There’s no chirping birds or chittering squirrels, no buzzing bees or hooting owls. There is nothing else lurking within these woods, which at first makes you feel a sense of security, but quickly turns into deep unease and discomfort. You’ve never felt this alone, and the longer you explore these endless woods, you also find that you’ve never felt this lost, either.

The winds are still, only the sound of dry leaves crunching beneath your feet and your own quickening breath keeping you company as you desperately begin to search for a sign of life, any sign of life. This is somebody’s dream, isn’t it? They have to be here, right? Time doesn’t feel real anymore, have you been here for minutes, or has it been hours? Checking your phone tells you nothing, its black screen only reflecting your own frightened expression back to you.

Just as you feel yourself on the brink of spiraling into hopeless despair, your attention is quickly grabbed by the distant sound of a twig snapping. Perhaps you should be worried about this, but at this point, you’d even welcome a horrifying, disgusting monster if it just meant you had somebody to talk to in here. Without a second thought you call out, and it doesn’t take long for you to hear a gentle, trembling voice respond.

“H… Hello…?”

From the darkness emerges a small boy, and it instantly dawns on you who this dream belongs to. Judging by the relieved expression on Luka’s face, it’s clear he’s just as happy to see you as well.

“I thought I was going to be here alone forever… Thank you for finding me,” he gives you a warm smile, but you can sense the worry still in his eyes. You reach down to give him a reassuring pat and tell him not to worry, now that you’ve finally found him, you can both leave this forest immediately.

Err, if you can remember the way back, anyway.


Art by Mica.
Report

Npc — He/Him Posted 2 weeks ago ( 2021/11/26 00:04:25 )
Summary
Entering the Overgrown Door led straight to Luka's nightmare.
He's lost in what seems to be a never ending forest.
Find your way back to the door and escape together!

Mechanics
Find the path to escape the maze. Start in the middle and work your way out!
This is a group activity. Working together will help make it easier to find all the answers.
But feel free to work alone as well!
Make sure to put your answers under a spoiler to give others a chance to play.

Prize
Once all the correct answers have been found, and at least 10 people have attempted to answer,
the EI They're Watching You will be added to Joyful Jamboree.

All participants in this thread will be granted a free They're Watching You at the end of the event.
(Note: Participation includes any form of posting in this thread. Even if you don’t want to join in the game, show your support!)
Report

Npc — He/Him Posted 2 weeks ago ( 2021/11/26 00:04:55 )
ESCAPE THE MAZE...







Current Progress
Unlock Reached!
Report

Npc — He/Him Posted 2 weeks ago ( 2021/11/26 00:05:36 )
YOU WALK THE FOREST PATH...

After watching out for notable landmarks you had earlier encountered and doing your best to retrace your own steps, you’re positive that you’re on the right track. Yes, right past the tree that looked worryingly like a gnarled old woman and take a left and you should be right back to the dream door!

You should be, but you’re not.

Your heart sinks as you shake your head. No, no. You’re positive it was here. This isn’t right. You begin to look around, maybe you’re just a couple paces off. It should just be around the corner. It has to be just around the corner. As you begin to search more frantically, a small voice trembles behind you.

“We’re still lost, aren’t we…?” Luka fidgets slightly with his sleeve, “I’m sorry… You’re very kind, you shouldn’t have to be stuck here too…”

Those definitely aren’t the words you want to hear right now, no you’re both getting out of there. But without a doubt, this forest is messing with you, where’s the door? Grabbing onto his hand you begin to lead him back further into the woods.

“I wouldn’t go that way.”

You feel a sudden jolt up your spine and spin on your heel to face the source of this unexpected voice. You’re overcome with both relief and confusion as Vigo looks down at the both of you with a patient expression. You can sense the fear instantly leaving Luka as his eyes light up in solace to see his mentor.

“Vigo… You found us.”

Vigo returns his warm smile, giving a gentle nod, “Of course, I did promise to never leave you alone, didn’t I? A gentleman keeps his word…”

You frown in confusion, was this his nightmare as well? Why doesn’t he seem worried about the current situation? Vigo gives you a mysterious smile as he shrugs slightly, holding up his gloved fingers to reveal a dream key of his own.

“I came to retrieve Luka. You didn’t think The Guardians were the only ones capable of entering this realm, did you…?”

Uh… Yeah, you really did. Isn’t this place supposed to be off limits…?

You don’t have long to ponder that as Vigo walks towards the place you thought the door was. Giving you an encouraging nod, he brushes aside strands of thick, overgrown vegetation to reveal the hidden door, buried deep within the forest, “Tricks of the mind make dreams a very dangerous environment… While I have faith in your abilities, be watchful on your journeys from now on.” He turns the handle to the door, nodding to you both, “After you.”

… What is up with this guy? You take note to ask more questions later, as you follow Luka outside the door to freedom.



WHERE TO GO?

You have unlocked the chance to vote for which door you'd like to enter first.
To vote, simply ping Luka with: @Luka: I vote for [this door].
The door that receives the highest votes will be the thread unlocked tomorrow at 6PM Voltra Time.

Doors Available:
The Inscribed Door
A Door Covered in Mysterious Writing

The Youthful Door
A Fun Painted Door Covered in Drawings

The Slashed Door
A Dented Door Covered in Cuts and Scratches


The Lost Door
The Decaying Door
The Damp Door
The Reflective Door
The Unlucky Door
The Shaking Door
The Watchful Door
The Caged Door
The Overgrown Door
Report

Donator — She, Her Posted 2 weeks ago ( 2021/11/26 00:10:47 )

Too full to think about solving a maze lol


Report
“A room without books is like a body without a soul.”

Donator — He/They Posted 2 weeks ago ( 2021/11/26 00:16:03 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there




。.:☆*:・ヽ(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)



Report
♦ Joey | 21 | Taurus | Belgium ♦
Insta | Toyhouse | Portfolio | Carrd


♦ My Art Shop ♦

Donator — she/her Posted 2 weeks ago ( 2021/11/26 00:16:33 )



Report
❀❀❀❀

Check out my shop! Currently selling Winter '21 Plasma Orb Items and more.

Voltie Posted 2 weeks ago ( 2021/11/26 00:17:19 )
Oh fun!!
Now let's see if I can edit the puzzle on the phone...







Report

Voltie — She/Her Posted 2 weeks ago ( 2021/11/26 00:26:07 )

Please ping!! I am a busy mom and tend to get lost~



Very fun!


Report
Please ping!! I'm a busy mom and tend to get lost~

^^Page prizes = FREE Sketch!!
It's only forever~ It's not long at all...

Voltie Posted 2 weeks ago ( 2021/11/26 00:30:29 )






I did it on the computer after all...







Report
┤▒├ Hangout || Art Shop || B/S/T thread ┤▒├

Donator Posted 2 weeks ago ( 2021/11/26 00:31:58 )
    Oooo cool

Report

currently: letting my novel rest; working on short stories

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 weeks ago ( 2021/11/26 00:43:58 )
Low, keep your head, keep your head low...
.......................................Oh, you gotta keep your head low...


...If you wanna keep your head
Report
Mr. Spider wants M̷̖̥͓̋͆́̚o̶̟͛̅r̴̨͍͔̦̰͙̈́e̵̝͑̆͐


Voltie — She/They Posted 2 weeks ago ( 2021/11/26 00:50:14 )


I escaped!


Report
★~~Questing~~★

Voltie — they/them Posted 2 weeks ago ( 2021/11/26 01:42:37 )




i'm glad i could catch this one !! ^o^


Report

Donator — whatever Posted 2 weeks ago ( 2021/11/26 01:49:36 )




Report
Please ping me!




Donator Posted 2 weeks ago ( 2021/11/26 02:18:33 )
solving this at 3 am with a body that has basically given up on functioning due to stress... ^^;
Report

Donator — He/Him Posted 2 weeks ago ( 2021/11/26 02:33:45 )


Report
ALWAYS PING ME
>>Art for me?<< >>Art for you!<<

Artist — He/Him Posted 2 weeks ago ( 2021/11/26 02:38:42 )
Fun maze. o:
Report

Donator — He/him Posted 2 weeks ago ( 2021/11/26 02:39:50 )
Report
I stream sometimes!

Npc — He/Him Posted 2 weeks ago ( 2021/11/26 02:57:58 )
Thank you...you were all so helpful!
The They're Watching You item has been unlocked in Joyful Jamboree

Check the fourth post on the front page for an update.

Voting has begun.
Report

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.