Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat My christmas tree

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/7 16:21:11 )

YUP ITS JUST THE CAT TREE
:vanora_xd:
Decided a proper tree would make our living room feel too crowded because we have this big ass 7 ft cat tree clogging so much space already lmao
I'm still not even done decorating her tree. She kept pouncing it because new things excite her Haha
4 more of those wooden picture ornaments to sew into the cloth! :D

Show me your treesssss!

Artist Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/7 16:32:40 )
Omg how precious xD I love it xD

We don’t have a tree to decorate because we have no room :/ I love making ornaments and things tho 😂

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/7 16:33:25 )
My tree is not decorated yet. But I love that you decorated the kitty tree. :D

Artist Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/7 16:35:14 )
@Koah: -sends you ornaments- xD

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/7 16:46:45 )

@Ruby:
Its hard to have that kinda space, I feel XD
I was tempted to get something like a macrame christmas tree to hang up~

Id hang it on the wall in a designated spot where I'd pile our presents under it. But my cat would absolutely be interested in climbing on it if I did.
Might consider this for next year though cause they're kinda really cute!

@Koah:
Do you theme your decorations or just gather a bunch of fun ornaments for it? :D

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/7 16:57:40 )
@Jolly: My sister has sent several boxes of "themed" stuff this year since Xmas is at my place and she's an event planner.lol!
So normally, it's just my kids and I and it's chaotic.
But this year, there will be a gold, red, and silver theme. I believe. I haven't truly opened those boxes yet, I've been prepping presents and cleaning mostly.

Artist Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/7 17:00:58 )
@Jolly: that’s pretty! Tbh for several years we’ve just hung up a pine tree air freshener and called it good xD
We do wrap presents tho~
We have a half tree too, like the smaller kind, but it’s somewhere in storage that we can’t reach right now

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/7 17:08:36 )
@Ruby: I'll take some ornaments. tehehe.

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/7 17:36:08 )

@Koah:
That sounds like fun actually. My family always had some random themes going on, but it worked somehow! We're all just chaotic adhd people so XD
One year I did try to theme cause I had a purple christmas tree.
Let me see....

This is the only picture I have of it. HA

It looked kinda cool with silver and black on it. THen my mom gave me some white doves to toss in too, and they worked great. But that star was something lmao
I think if I do a tree again sometime, I'll probably theme it. idk

@Ruby:
LOL like, the car air fresheners? That's really funny actually.
They make half trees? O: that actually sounds pretty space efficient.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/7 17:54:05 )

Questing :
Feline of Fertility | Doggo of Death | Draconic Dream | Garnet | Drip Drop Fairy | On Guard | Flutters Her Wings | Paints Her Webs | Capricorn| Unique High Loving Gaze | Lucky Neko | TransFURmation | Ghostly Treat | Soulcaster | Vampyr | Cheshire Cabaret | Untamed | Feline of Fertility | Doggo of Death | Corrupted Ichor | Fluers d’espoir | His Elegance | Her Graceful Snow | Snow Owl | Bird Handler | Winter Stroll | Holiday Helper | Angel of the Sea|

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ @Jolly: that is adorable. its a nice way to include kitty in the christmas festivities. <:3( )~~

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/7 18:23:56 )
@Jolly: your star made me giggle! XD I've never thought to use purple as a theme. The doves did a good job of wrapping up that theme. <3
I grew up where my mom typically tried to theme with red/silver. She really loves those Christmas flowers that are red. So she'd buy those every year.
I'm the oddball and let my kids decorate and generally don't care about a theme. C:

Artist Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/7 18:31:21 )
@Jolly: Yeah we have something sort of like this, idk if ours is 3 or 4 ft lol

I'd like to put it up so I could decorate it but I don't think we're gonna be able to get to it lol

And yeah the car air fresheners xD

Artist Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/7 18:32:18 )
@Koah: whatcha want em of? 👀

Donator — He/Him Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/7 18:44:14 )
aww that's perfect

what a smart idea.

Ping me!

Hangout

Donator — they/them Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/7 18:56:58 )
I agree with Shark, this is a smart idea for a small space.
Your furbaby is so precious looking, give all the cuddles if you can from me, please? D:
(If she likes them, my husband and my cat passed earlier this year, we only had her for a year).
TW: Death (since I know sometimes it can be unsettling for others I am marking it as a spoiler).
We had her only for a year because we found her on our walk for the evening when it was very cold in 2020. More than anything else, I was worried about her because anytime I saw her, she was very small. She hadn't had food for a long time when we decided to bring her in shortly after midnight during a huge rainstorm. I cried that no one brought her in. We didn't know until it was too late she had kidney disease and she couldn't hold on for long. But, the time we did have with her? She was a huge cuddle bug. Always purring and loved being held. I would like to imagine she got lost vs someone just let her suffer after learning her diagnosis. She was an elder cat who was always spooked by loud noises/cars/outside. D: She was my best friend for that short time and no one will ever replace her.

Donator — He/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/7 22:50:29 )

Cats + Christmas is a... challenging combination.

Luckily, ours hate the texture of our tree and thus have not tried to climb it or bat at the ornaments. One of them still occasionally gets caught chewing on the branches, but she hasn't pulled anything off yet. Mostly they just rumple up the tree skirt.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/7 22:53:45 )

That’s so cute!

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/8 00:04:57 )

@star2000shadow:
Of course <3 I always include my animals. Def one of those pet ladies who has stockings for each one, including my bird XD

@Koah:
Thats cute c:
Yeah my mom didn't care about themes. What will probably happen is Ill start with a theme and then over the years it will quickly be lost to a random chaos of interests haha

@Ruby:
Ahh thats so cute :D I'm a big fan of the tiny trees! Simple and sweet

@Vegan:
Aww I'm sorry for your loss D: I have lost a couple of cats in my childhood cause my parents wouldnt stop tossing them outside, and snakes would get to them (back when I lived in FL). I'll never have an outdoor cat again~

I will definitely give her many hugs and cuddles <3
once she gets down from atop the cupboards

@Count Trashula:
Hahaha cats are so pleasantly frustrating aren't they XD
My kitty will play with anything and gets the daily after-poop zoomies where she flies all over the home and jumps on whatever obstacle she claims. So I definitely need to be careful with how I decorate! I'll need all plastic or wooden ornaments lmao

My mom has those same blue ornament set that you have on that tree! With the white trees painted on them. They're so prettyyy

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Donator — He/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/8 00:32:39 )

@Jolly: lol, the after-poop zoomies. ours like to take a flying leap and run from the scene of the crime...
Most of our stuff they don't mess with too much after they get used to it. This doesn't go for anything that dangles or involves live plants, however.

They're nice; we couldn't resist them. Those and the pine cones. This was our first year together, so we kinda picked everything out at the same store in one go, but they did have some pretty good stuff.

ALWAYS PING ME

Artist Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/8 00:57:18 )
@Jolly: lol I’d love to have a full size tree again xD maybe someday in a bigger house lol

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.