Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Mini Shops ❀ Art for Volts - Close

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/19 03:14:54 )

@Bean:
Aw thank you! :vanora_embarrassed:
man I miss those days!

@Totalanimefan:
Thank you <3
I feel like I have so many full/bg art pieces I wanna make, but it takes me like a month to do them lately XD
partly why I opened this thread for something less stressful to make, to refresh myself a bit

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/19 06:05:37 )

@Jolly: totally understandable. It’s nice to see quick results.

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/23 00:58:13 )

What a long weekend/weekstart~!
Celebrated my bday on monday so I;ve been MIA.
I feel like I've eaten so much yummy junk food, I've tossed my whole diet progress out the window in only 12 hours :vanora_xd:
worth it!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/23 02:19:43 )

@Jolly: OMG Happy Birthday! I hope it was a great day <3333

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/23 14:44:33 )

@Totalanimefan:
It was! Josh took me out to a korean bbq! With the samgyupsal to cook the meat yourself (It seems hard to find these places in the US).
We got beef and pork bulgogi and kfdgnfdk I want more, it was so gooood

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/23 17:37:21 )

@Jolly: YUM! I love Japanese and Korean BBQ. So good.

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/27 15:29:43 )

@Totalanimefan:
Me toooo
I've gotten josh so addicted to asian food in general. When I first met him he barely experienced any of it. and I'm like dude, ramens my favorite, let me show you XD
and now he eats it as often as I do, among other delicious things he's discovered through my cravings

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/27 15:30:55 )

Alsooo my work week is sluggishly coming to an end soon, so I will be able to draw more from this thread sooooon! :'D
hard to do arts after work shifts

Donator — He/Him Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/27 18:28:50 )
Thanks for the update! o:

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/28 15:39:16 )

@Jolly: that’s awesome. I love various Asians foods cause they tend to mix flavors and add umami with slightly sweet and it’s just the best.

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/28 21:35:36 )

dropping a quick update cause I'm a dumb one.
i bought a pc without considering plugs and ports. my drawing tablet can't plug into the new pc cause it's dvi :,,,,) old thing i guess.
there are no adapters in town and i just went and ordered an up to date tablet anyway so I'll be delaying a bit longer until that comes in.

there goes my plans for today!!
id use my ipad but i can't make the same brush strokes on it, i think. might try that tonight and see

worse case, I'll just hook it up on my partners desk (gave him my other pc) and awkwardly catch up that way lmao

Donator — He/Him Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/29 00:29:19 )
Ah, had something similar happen to me. lol Wasn't a tablet though.
Managed to sort mine out with adapters.
New tablets are nice anyhow~

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/29 23:43:59 )

Yeah either way Id have to order and wait for shipment.
Might as well rip a big ol bandaid off and just update my stuff XD
should be arriving on thursday!
im mad excited but also dont wanna look at my wallet rn

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/3 15:39:56 )

Update!!
Tablet finally came in on Friday
funny enough I thought it would be Thursday, so I sent my husband on his lunch break from work to go get it off our porch cause we wouldn't be home til like 9pm. But only the key dial arrived, I guess they shipped the pieces separately. He did a big panic cause he didn't know what to expect :vanora_xd:

But anyway, had to jump hurdles to get it connected cause of port issues--BUT IT WORKS NOW!
Still adjusting the pen pressures to try and make it so I dont have to press so hard ;v;;;;;;
nothing compares to cintiq, but hey its affordable ish~!

I'll get back to these slots very soon. Sorry again for delays x'D

ALSO UPDATE
I decided to open temp RLC commissions too cause my job is not paying me enough lately. I live in a military town, so ever since the war in ukraine began, the market here plummeted through the earth. And now with inflations going haywire, no one's in the mind to pay for $2-6k mattresses. I work by commission off the mattresses/bases that I sell, so if I sell nothing then I only get paid $7.25 ph but I expected to work harder than thats worth orzzz

Anyway, whining aside, here's my flyer~!
I made it real quick last night out of anger when my boss stole a sale from me yesterday that could've had us fed for a week :'D
So the examples reflect my grump face at the time lmfao

*stretches fingers*

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/3 20:22:44 )

@Jolly: That job/life update sucks. Maybe it means when your lease is up you can get cheaper rent?

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/3 22:48:49 )

@Totalanimefan:
Yeah I'm ngl having 3 bad pay weeks in a row really destroyed my motivation. Trying my best to overcome the obstacles but man it sucks right now!
My rent is not bad, everything is inflating so much that its on a relatively low price for being in a safe location. My commission will pick up again eventually so I am not at risk of missing rent. I just need to patch some holes in my recent pay checks cause I got other bills looming over me :vanora_sweat:

One day we'll catch up! lmao

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/3 23:04:45 )

@Jolly: There's no stress like money stress. It cuts deep. I hope that sales improve for you soon.

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/3 23:16:32 )

@Totalanimefan:
Yeah, its so dang expensive just to survive.
And while I'm over here cancelling all subs and counting rice grains just to make sure we'll be on a safe budget this month and next, my boss wouldn't shut up for 4 hours at work today about how he wants to on a whim just buy a new house with 3 car garage, ect ect, just cause his wife wants a bigger and more expensive home than his already half a million dollar house. Its massive too and fairly new, he had it built.
He just casually talks up the hundreds of thousands of dollars he has to expend toward either buying a new house or expanding his current one.

Then he comes over to talk to me about my sales and I'm like yea I'm hurtin rn.
And he's like "oh lets see what my wife just spent on groceries. oh its ONLY around $200"
like dude, stfu >__>
I love when people find success but god I hate bragging

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/3 23:20:43 )

@Jolly: All your coworkers sound like every single Boomer stereotype lol. Why is he bragging like that at work? XD
Maybe he should buy your lunches or something lol

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/3 23:51:29 )

@Totalanimefan:
I dunno but he has a lot of gull for bragging after stealing a sale from me yesterday.
I'm big mad about that one lol he's a very greedy con man. A true sales man i guess!
The kind I vowed not to be like

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.