Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Vibrance Day 2022: Spring Cleaning! Spring Cleaning: The Dust Wars Event FAQ (+ Raffle Hangout!)

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/23 19:41:49 )
@Alorrena: lol. That's a good combination in a spouse/SO, imo. :3

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/23 19:47:11 )
@Wildfire: I agree. Though, sometimes he offers solutions when i just want to rant, so i have to remind him that it's not about the nail (please watch this video, it's funny)

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/23 20:01:28 )
@Alorrena: let me finish watching my current video - then I'll be happy to check out the one you posted. It sounds a lot like me and my husband though, tbh... and that's not a bad thing, imo! <3

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/23 20:12:38 )
@wildfire: yeah, take you time- it's just a short skit about empathy and the need to just be listened to lol Yeah, i think men in general have an automatic response to want to fix things, so it's nice that Tyi lets me rant more now. He used to not understand that while i appreciate the solutions he gives, i don't always want or need him to fix my problems, and i just want to vent, because that's an important emotional thing women do with each other. That actually reminds me that i read somewhere that the reason men tend to think that women send mixed signals is because women talk to their friends about their emotional needs and men don't, and rather use their partners solely for their emotional outlets, so when women talk to them about thier emotional stuff, they think that the woman is interested since that's what they would do if they were interested in a woman. it was explained better than that, i'm just paraphrasing.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/23 20:15:12 )
@Alorrena: that makes sense to me, actually. Finding a guy who is capable of just listening is pretty special, imo. I'm glad you found one too! :3

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/23 20:18:57 )
@Wildfire: yeah, same for you too! It's a little sad to me that that's a difficult thing to find, really. But also the thing i was saying makes me sad for men too. i can't imagine not being able to talk to your friends about things like women can. That would drive me crazy.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/23 20:31:03 )
@Alorrena: lol, yeah. And I can't help but wonder how much of that "tendency" is social constructs/conditioning versus true "nature"

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/23 20:43:02 )
@wildfire: Oh, i'm sure it Heavily has something to do with social constructs and conditioning. There have been studies about it, i'm sure, and it's easy enough to see it- Fathers telling thier sons to "man up" or something similar when they're expressing something that causes an emotion. It's like men are trained from a young age to not express emotions unless it's with someone they're in a relationship with. I hope, when i have kids, my husband and i can teach our sons not to be like that and can instill upon them the importance of communicating their emotional needs with more than just their SO's

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/23 20:44:20 )

Hi all. Back from some studying. I feel like it's one of those days where I can't focus lol

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/23 20:48:00 )
@Totalanimefan: I totally get that feeling. it really might just be one of those days. I have them frequently.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/23 20:54:31 )
@Alorrena: If it helps, my sons are now young adult men (19 & 21) and they are capable of expressing themselves and their emotions. They are well-balanced, more-or-less emotionally healthy young men (and it's not just "proud mamma" saying so - I hear it often about my kids)... so it is possible to do.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/23 21:00:09 )
@Wildfire: That is reassuring. :] It's nice to hear that some people are able to raise their children to be well adjusted adults.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/23 22:36:07 )
@Alorrena: Thank you. It is possible :3 It takes patience, empathy, and similar skills, but also the ability and willingness to actually parent... to set boundaries, etc. :3

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/23 22:48:13 )

@Alorrena: Yeah same. I think it also might be some burnout cause I've been working so hard on school and rl lately.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/23 23:04:34 )
@Totalanimefan: i get that. You gotta take breaks some times and give yourself a breather.

@Wildfire: Yeah, a lot of people don't wanna parent or enforce boundaries or anything, so it's good that there are still some people who do.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/23 23:05:02 )
Speaking of breathers, i'm finally off work, i'm going to go lie down for an hour and then maybe play some games!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/23 23:09:36 )

@Alorrena: Thank you.
Enjoy your break!

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/24 01:55:28 )
@Totalanimefan: heheh i did not end up napping. instead i made dinner and went to circle k and did a jigsaw puzzle.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/24 03:53:18 )

@Alorrena: that all sounds relaxing. ^^

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/24 04:05:53 )
@totalanimefan: it was. once i got back Tyi and i talked for a little bit and then i went to watch Big Bang Theory. I think i can get used to the work from home thing, but the transition separating work and home is going to need some practice, for sure. Tomorrow will be an easy enough transition though, since we have DND at 7 and i'm off at 6. I'm looking forward to saturday because i'm probably making enchiladas for dinner and i'm a bit excited about it! This new job thing is seriously the best cause we're able to eat better.
Call me Rena (Reh-nuh)! <3 married 02/02/2020
Rena's Quest

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.