Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Voltra Discussion Reintroducing Past Items: Questionnaire [Updated Aug 6th]

Admin — He/Him Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/5 23:03:25 )
Hey Volties!

I wanted to ask for your input on the idea of reintroducing past items. This would include but not limited to: Crates, Orbs, and Events.

Some questions for discussion:
How long should they be re-released for?
Would you be interested in new recolors, origional copies, or both?
What is a respectable asking pricing in voltra currency? How should pricing be adjusted for older/Rare items?

Any other input or follow up questions you feel fit the topic and keep the conversation going are welcome!

Thanks in advance!

Updated response August 6th, 2022
Such great ideas! I just want to thank all of you that have participated in this discussion thus far. My main concern was maintaining the value of the original items in fairness to those users who have supported us in the past, while also offering Voltra's item catalog to our new users.

Another factor is our communities fluctuating activity levels. Both sellers and buyers may find it difficult to make a transaction for an item they are in search of due to it's rarity and lack of other merchants active on the market place. So, by means not yet decided, reintroducing recolors with minimum opportunities at the originals seems to favor old and new users.

In addition, I've been pondering how we can offer the community more content that doesn't take a huge toll on our limited staff availability and power. I think recolors may be, if not, just as exciting as new items! It's actually pretty fun and neat on the artist side to play with different designs and colors. As it is, we cycle through a handful of the same color combos/patterns, but also have outliers for recolor options. New recolors would allow Voltra's catalog of items to be more compatible and open up more avenues for avatar creation for color/pattern matching.

Just so it's clear, we will still be introducing new items besides recolors. Whether or not we continue following our monthly release for crates (tri-monthly for orbs) I'm unsure of right now.

Please, keep the conversation going if you have further thoughts!

Maybe even drop a few items you'd like to see return.

No decision has been made on how past items will return yet, but from the majority of feedback, I'm happy to make the motion that we will move forward with plans to achieve this. Thanks again, Volties!

Follow up questions:
What items would you be excited for a return?
What recolors or patterns would you like to see?

If a RIG (Random Item Generator) format were in place, should item types be kept to their own or a combination? (IE. Crate RIG, Orb RIG, etc.)
OR
RIGs be specific to an item? (IE. Alice makes a return. Alice Orb contains various recolors with a very low chance of obtaining the original or no chance at ? Offer the Original Alice in shops as a Blueprint that can be crafted with the collection of new recolors? Only offer Original Alice in a Bundle? Or no Original Alice at all?)
OR
What other ways could recolors and/or originals be obtained?

On topic, but just another avenue to introducing new content:
With the reintroduction of an item, possibly expand the poses available?

If you need assistance or just want to chat, you may contact me anytime by ping or PM.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/5 23:05:40 )
    New recolours = yes please!!!!

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/5 23:29:45 )
Low, keep your head, keep your head low...
.......................................Oh, you gotta keep your head low...

I think recolors would be preferred to rereleases in a mass scale. I don’t mind when it’s like an event and one item is being released to like 2-3 people or it’s like 1% rare to get it in that calendar event we had the other year.

However if we are bringing back like the original item like Alice or showstopper items that aren’t common to see traded I think to preserve the value of it but release a few back it should be a very low chance like 1% or even only .5% in the orb.

Standard pricing could go into effect for the orbs I think? Unless it was like

Recolor 2018 common orb - 5-10k volts depending on the year
Recolor 2018 uncommon orb- 150-300 ohms
Recolor 2018 rare orb 300-500 ohms
Recolor 2018 rarest orb 500-1000 ohms

With prices changing depending on the year and stuff like that and in those orbs there could be the very limited chance to get an original of the item? But if it doesn’t have the chance at the original item again, standard pricing or not much more than standard pricing.

As for crates, I think it should be same except you could do it as an orb? Like Recolor 2018 crate orb and the price should be 500-1000.

If you’ll do a bundle maybe an exclusive recolor of one of the more desired items to temp people into buying a bundle?

Like yes dark master recolor with other skins but only if you buy the $50 bundle or w/e at the time. These are just thoughts for the moment :)

...If you wanna keep your head

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/5 23:31:22 )

Also an orb for old event items to buy with Volts! Good way to sink the currency into items? But have it as a limited time and high cost like 5-10k

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/6 01:03:43 )

I can't offer helpful feedback to every question, but i do think this is a great idea!! and absolutely yes to recolors!! That would be very exciting :D

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/6 01:45:14 )
How long should they be re-released for? I think for events. I think it'd be nice if releases were done as posting raffles, kinda of like how it's done in some events. I think it'd be nice to have a way to get the site more active.
Would you be interested in new recolors, original copies, or both? I would be done for both. I think if you did recolors that would be amazing.
Rei's Quest
Please ping me.

Donator — He/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/6 02:01:55 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

Im verry much intrested! I like the recolor idea aswel! Otehr then that i dont exactly know

。.:☆*:・ヽ(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)

♦ Gob | 23 | Taurus | Belgium ♦
Insta | Toyhouse | Gallery | Carrd

♦ My Art Shop ♦

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/6 02:07:18 )

I liked Spiders ideas.

For the originals they should only have limited releases once or twice a year like in a raffle or like we do for Christmas. Everyone gets hyped for those and it’s fun.
You could have a raffle during the anniversary event where you can buy extra tickets for ohms. Good fundraiser as well.

An orb or something where it’s just recolors or past items seems cool. We could do it for two different seasons and I think it would be easier for the artists then having to come up with new item designs?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/6 02:12:13 )

@KDA Drew:

I mean $15 isn't horrible for very rare popular items- I would say if only 5 were released it be spaced out so one person couldn't buy all five. Like a notice that says x item is releasing between this Tuesday and Thursday and have one copy at a time up for grabs. Makes it fairer for timezones/life and stuff.

I remember back when Gaia released the angel halo after like ages and sold it for like $1000. which is when I quit that place LOL

I am also a fan of raffles for them too. Like for every x amount of ohms you spend/buy you get a raffle to win an item or one of a few items. This way no matter what people are getting a product for their ohms (products of their choice) and the raffle is a bonus to encourage them to get a few extra ohms.

Donator — Ze/Zir Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/6 02:16:19 )
Fae Says --->

I know back when we were releasing content and not a wasteland, Caedon did capsules that were 5 items (2 Donation Items recolors, 2-3 new, smaller items) for 5x the price of a single DI, rotated out for a new one every 4 to 6 months; we also did sales for holidays/events (black friday/xmas and new year sales, sometimes valentines day iirc?) where old DIs were in the donation currency shop for a couple days, at most a week, and the price of the DI was between 200 and 60 donation currency depending on release date; the older the item, the more it cost. we also didn't always put all the donation items in the shop/sometimes it was just re-releases of the capsules. The shop sales tended to coincide with a sale on donations too; like how there's a spending bonus over a certain amount but during the sales the percentage is doubled.

Sapherna also did a similar thing while I was working there, and I know Gaia Online has it's own weird system of doing it that's similar but on a much more massive scale due to their staff and item size lol

~!*!~ LittleWhiteDragonlet ~!*!~
Voltra Art Shop ~OPEN~ | Voltra Item Shop | Avatar and Art Gallery

Fae | 27 | They/Them
Please Always Ping!
RLC Commission Prices

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/6 02:21:09 )

@KDA Drew:

I still think a random time would be a good idea for the bonus that it would give users a reason to check a few times a day with the hopes that they also might see alerts from like people pinging them in the forums or just checking them out. Also makes it not put pressure on the staff of "oh no someone has to be on for this" If you're still wanting times a window of "8:00am-12:00pm" or "8:00pm-12:00am" Voltra time this way it gives users two four hour windows to want to hover around the site.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/6 02:55:48 )

@KDA Drew:

I adore the recolor crates every other month! There have been soo many times I want to use an item but then I realize that they don't have the colors I am looking for. Like her grace/his excellence love the items but the colors aren't ones I would normally use so most of the time its just sitting pretty in my inventory.

It would also be a great way to allow some of the items that have body mods to have additional skintones that aren't the ones that are normally included or just didn't have the rest of the default.

Like Yes dark master! One of my favorite items but the legs only have three shades and only one item shade per skin tone so makes it more limited to use.

Mr. Spider wants M̷̖̥͓̋͆́̚o̶̟͛̅r̴̨͍͔̦̰͙̈́e̵̝͑̆͐

Donator — PomePome Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/6 10:11:49 )
@Vozzy: OMG recolour of older items would be so awesome!!! i would die for this idea!
~Pls Ping me~
Nothing fancy to see here!!!

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/6 10:23:38 )
I love the idea of rereleasing older items because a lot of newer members would love the chance to snag a few of the older items that either not many are willing to let go of, or are difficult to impossible to find in the exchange.

Recolors would be really neat too!

I don't know much about how to maintain the value, but i think maybe making some of the more rare ones even less likely to drop could cause a lot of frustration, because i know for myself especially, with RIGs it's rare enough as is to get the items i want or don't already have.
Call me Rena (Reh-nuh)! <3 married 02/02/2020
Rena's Quest

Donator — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/6 10:44:41 )
I really really love the idea of recolors in orb or crate form! So many good items that would be wonderful in other colors.

Donator — he/him Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/6 14:25:58 )

I would love recolors of crate and orb items! I feel like they should cost the same as regular crates and orbs..? Having them release every other month sounds fine too.

I don't really like re-releases unless it's during a special event and only once or twice a year like during Winter Holidays and Voltra Anniversary.

Ash 8/7/19
Kate 1/9/22

by YukiThePanda <3

Twitter

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/6 14:36:58 )
I love the idea of recolors of older items, and don't mind them being in their own unique crate or orb for special releases, and I'd be happy to pay in ohms and/or volts for them.

If we're talking about the release of older, rarer items, I prefer to go the raffle route vs. hoping to buy them for ohms at limited quantity at certain times of the day. At least with raffles, you only have the time constraints of the event they're featured in, whereas the "hurry before it's gone!" tactic I feel isn't fair to those who can't be here during those times. If I'm being honest, life outside of Voltra is stressful enough, and I don't need that stress here lol. I absolutely loved the raffles I've gotten to participate in so far, so hope to have more of those in the future.

In the vein of recolors, I just want to say THANK YOU for doing a recolor in the recent common orb items in the "donut" theme. I'm not much for rainbow, so the different recoloring techniques is a refreshing route to go for future recolor releases!! <333
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Donator — Medical Biller Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/6 17:07:58 )
Good morning... past items should be release once a year or anniversary season to keep the price integrity of the items. Recolors of items should not be release constantly.
Ensuite, je suis le fantôme de Novembre!

Donator — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/6 17:21:57 )
How long should they be re-released for?
More limited releases would probably make them feel more like special events, but long enough for people to have a chance to get them. Or maybe announce that it’s coming up enough in advance for people to prepare.

Would you be interested in new recolors, original copies, or both?
As an owner of most (maybe all) the items from the first few years, I have absolutely no problem with releasing older items in their original colors. However, recolored would be really amazing to see!

What is a respectable asking pricing in voltra currency?
Rereleasing items in the original colors I think should be done with some kind of inflation in mind. I still use the price guide all the time. I wouldn’t mind if recolors were released at a normal price. ie, a recolored crate released at the normal crate price.

How should pricing be adjusted for older/Rare items?
I guess just pick a % to increase the price from the original for each month and do the math for each item. But maybe cap it at a certain amount so it doesn’t get too ridiculous.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/6 18:30:56 )

I think some of the ideas that I had just briefly thought about were already answered. I love the idea of recolors though. I would not be opposed to maybe some wacky events that recolor past event items. Or an event orb of some sorts that costs volts that you can roll for recolors of old items like a common orb.

So if it's reaping ritual, you'd release recolors of older items and then we can try to get them along side of posting for the new reaping ritual items.

What about the recolors be an orb release? release the CI's and Orb items in this special recolor that is sold once or twice a year. That way you can just assign rarity to the items. Maybe the recolor orb could be the same price as a crate since it would include recolored crate items, 250 ohms to account for inflation but the rarity of the original will definitely influence the price in which people are paying. Maybe even a bundle could be released as well?

I think the christmas raffle and the anniversary raffle for chances of older items is the best way to keep a few coming back to people! I don't think we need anything thing other than that!

bloop

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.