Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat c0vid making its rounds

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/22 17:15:07 )

its sick season and covid is circling around me!
My managers family got it, then he got it, and I work with him on every shift I get! And I have to use his desk sometimes. since he tested positive Ive cleaned his desk and he's at home this week, but obv I worked with him closely up to this point. he sits directly behind me.
So the odds of me getting it from him are pretty high.

THEN GO FIGURE my at home tests expired in May so I recently tossed them. I didn't get more right away cause my mind wandered from me, and now I realize I have to pay for the tests now
They don't just lemme have a dang price before going into this and my insurance doesn't like cover anything.

We're not allowed to quarantine cause then the store would shut down entirely. Let's see what happens... Hope it's all good! I've been hugged by covids before and not caught it so maybe I'm one of those rare ones who don't get it after the first time?

Be safe out there!! With jobs only giving 5 days off for covid and no quarantine chances for some, this will only keep spreading for a while.

Donator — Pomepome Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/22 18:08:09 )
Well whats covid i just got a pneumonia and one month ago i had tonsilitis.....

I hope you stay well!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/22 18:51:13 )

That’s rough. If you have a mask and if they have a mask it should reduce your risk a lot.
I have a chest infection as you know, but it’s not Covid. I took 3 days over 2 days. I think USPS is still doing tests delivered? I got mine a little while ago.

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/22 20:40:08 )

@Atropa Belladonna:
oh gosh I'm sorry, that sounds awful to deal with!!

@Totalanimefan:
USPS is where i got my first set, but they're not distributing them anymore. even that covidtest.org or whatever that site was called, they're not distributing either, they say that the funding for it ran out. makes sense.

I always have my mask but no one else wears them here ;; i get mocked so much at work if i wear it. annoyinggggg

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/22 21:36:05 )

@Jolly: oh yeah. I guess they stopped in Sept :(
I did buy some tests while I was down here in FL. Maybe there is one your insurance would recover?
I get looks a lot when I wear a mask too. I just ignore people. It’s not worth getting Covid. At least to me.

Donator — Pomepome Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/23 07:55:07 )
@Jolly: its just how it is if you go already sick at work.... stupid me stupid work

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/23 17:11:13 )

@Totalanimefan:
turns out they're 10$ per test at my local pharmacy so not terrible!

I dunno why but when I'm in public I'm happy to wear a mask without caring what others think. but when my manager is actively annoying me at work i just get fed up and remove it. i shouldn't but it's frustrating.

@neon:
pfffff i tossed them a month ago cause i didn't know that
i called pharma and they're not too expensive so it's fine. So far I'm negative!

@Atropa Belladonna:
I agree! When I was younger i got away with it more, but now if i go to work despite being sick, i end up getting unbearably worse. but sometimes you don't have a choice D:

I'm glad i tested negative so far
not just for not being sick (aside from pms giving me mad muscle aches and fatigue as if i did have the new variant lmfao dramatic ovaries)
but also were already at half staff this week and weekend.

Donator — Pomepome Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/23 17:47:50 )
@Jolly: oh yes!!! If you dont get payed if youre sick for example. Its very uncommon in germany that you dont get payed if youre sick, i was just one very unlucky person but i have a new job starting nov 1st.

And thats good youre negative so far! MAD ovaries I like that! I always call it "gebährmutterhexe" (nice german Word) xD

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/23 18:51:34 )

@Atropa Belladonna:
Yes, exactly! I'm in the US where unpaid sick days are common, sadly. It depends on the job and also which state we live in, because some states require sick pay. mine doesn't.

omg gebährmutterhexe
I have heard the translation of that before and I think it's perfect

Donator — Pomepome Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/23 20:17:49 )
@Jolly: yeah the US is pretty unlucky at that point. I hope for some changes there

But one thing i dont understand we also have the TV series my 600lb life with dr now..... i dont understand how those extremely obese people can efford their food if they cant go to work.

Would it be whombwitch in englisch? XD

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/23 21:04:15 )

@Atropa Belladonna:
LOL well I'm trying to figure out how people afford food without jobs too! There are some people who find ways of getting paid by the government and they might not use that money responsibly. Or sometimes they have a spouse who makes a lot of money so they can stay home.
Its crazy to me, my husband and I both work 45 hours every week and we still can't imagine spending so much money on food like that.

Yes, it translates to womb witch. Its fitting

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/24 05:56:18 )

@Jolly: $10 isn’t bad at all. That’s good.
I see what you mean. It’s probably because it feels more personal I guess.

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/24 14:26:57 )

@Totalanimefan:
yeah thankfully it's a reasonable price. they max you at getting 8 at a time, which is also super reasonable lol but i ain't about to drop 80 bucks rn i got 4 of them.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/25 04:06:30 )

@Jolly: yeah I feel that. I had to buy some in FL but I don’t know the price. My husband went.

Donator — Pomepome Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/25 08:47:30 )
@Jolly: okay than iam not the only one without anwsers!!
Its so wierd to me i cant imagine myself. So much food it could probably feed 2 families
+Pls ping me+
Nothing Fancy to see here!

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/29 00:17:42 )

GODDDDD

my manager came back to work this week even though he still testing positive. I'm assuming cause covid pay isn't good, and he's the only income in his household rn. But still!

In general I'm not paranoid to catch it again. But PLEASE for the love of god I don't wanna catch it before my trip to see my dad after I just almost freaking lost him to that accident! If I test positive in a week I'm going to cry, I can't risk my family

Of all the damn timing
I'm so worried. got my mask on but I know these things are useless one way

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/29 18:15:20 )

@Jolly: That sounds so stressful. I hope you don't catch it!

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/30 19:44:25 )

Thanks i hope so too ;;
he tested negative today and is still wearing his mask so i hope i managed to avoid it! gonna keep being careful aaaaa

Donator — whatever Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/1 09:07:30 )

I caught a cold from my brother and his girlfriend (we evacuated from the hurricane together) and I'm crossing my fingers it's not covid. I don't think it is as it seems to just be a headcold, but it sucks a lot, lol.

I really really hope you don't catch it, Jolly! I hope you get to see your Dad. <3

Please ping me!

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/1 23:50:23 )

@CooperationIsKey:
Gosh i hope you haven't caught it either!! it is sick season overall i think, so a lot of my friends are getting colds too. They're all testing frequently negative so there's just a lot going around i think!

thank you :,,)
still negative so far and i have no symptoms so i think i evaded it from our closest encounters!

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.