Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat December Discussion

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/1 14:45:16 )
December is here! Besides Christmas (or if you don't celebrate), what is something you're looking forward to?

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/1 16:07:58 )
I'm looking forward to the downtime between Christmas and the New Year...
...yeah... I need a vacation... but those couple of weird days in that week will have to do :3

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/1 18:10:38 )
@Wildfire: Definitely love that as well. It's nice to not have to worry.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/1 18:51:26 )

I hate working the week between Christmas and New Years but I think I'm going to, I don't have an exact start date yet but it's going to be the end of Dec.

As for what I'm looking forward to, Christmas itself is always nice. Maybe I'll make some French Toast for brunch on that day. And I'll FaceTime my family too.

This weekend there is a raid weekend in Pokemon Go which is always fun, and after that I'm going to a boat parade. I think it will feel festive. <3 I'm also doing to a friend's Christmas party the next day. :)

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/1 20:45:45 )
@Lotus: Yes, it's amazing the kind of constant pressure we're all under to "do"... and there's usually a few days in that week or so between or around Christmas and New Year where all of that just all kind of goes away... and I love it. Each and every year, I look forward to it. It's a great time to reflect and be introspective and creative and to think about all kinds of things... and to lounge around in your PJs! And although I try, it's difficult to replicate days or weeks like that at other times of the year. Our modern cultures don't support that kind of downtime, and it's a shame, really... we'd all benefit from having more of that kind of thing, imo.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/1 20:47:06 )
@Totalanimefan: Oh! That's kind of weird timing to start a job, Total... but it kind of makes sense too...

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/1 21:57:19 )

@Wildfire: Yeah I agree lol

Donator — He/They Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/2 07:07:57 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

Im looking forward to when family, friends and mutuals will recieve my holiday card! Ive even made lil stickers for the people in my DND group of all our characters :^D

。.:☆*:・ヽ(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)

♦ Gob | 23 | Taurus | Belgium ♦
Insta | Toyhouse | Gallery | Carrd

♦ My Art Shop ♦

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/2 13:20:37 )
@Wildfire: At least it goes away and you get time to reflect. <3 Looking forward to that myself. I agree completely that modern culture has everyone not prioritizing rest and yet, rest is so important if you want to perform your best for anything. T_T
@Totalanimefan: It's very possible that they will have you start after Christmas (or before and then give you time off which would be nice). French toast for brunch sounds delicious. <3 Sounds like you're looking forward to some fun times.
@GoblinsAndTea: That is super sweet that you have a group to send some cards and handmade things. Handmade things are always super awesome to give and receive as the person who made it took their time thinking of the other.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/2 14:52:27 )
@Totalanimefan: Was the timing of your start date their idea or yours, then? It sounds like it was mostly their idea...

@Lotus: exactly. It's a relief, tbh...almost a vacation, only quiet and comfy :3 XD

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/2 15:03:12 )

@Wildfire: oh most deff their idea. Lol
Every year my husband company gives everyone off from Christmas to New Years and it makes it even harder to go to work then lol

@Lotus: yeah maybe. That would be nice ^^
To be French toast always sounds good during the holidays or when it’s cold outside. It’s very comforting. ^^ I learned in 2020 it’s always important to have things to look forward to cause otherwise is life even worth it lol

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/2 15:26:28 )
@Totalanimefan: Oh, that's unfortunate that you won't be able to spend that time with your husband, but it might be a good thing too... at least it won't be both of you being tired and adjusting to the new job at the same time since he'll be home while you get started... a slower adjustment for you both, so to speak...

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/3 06:33:38 )

@Wildfire: yeah he better cook for me (he never wants to cook) lol

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/3 15:23:29 )
@Totalanimefan: LOL! Set the expectations now!! XD (and good luck)

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/3 23:34:55 )

@Wildfire: haha I should. And thanks. I was told the soonest I would start would be the 19th, but that's only if there are no backups or delays. Lots of moving parts and getting me a work computer, and access to the database, as well as things like a background check and clearance.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/4 14:22:44 )
@Totalanimefan: It's a good thing you don't need to start working asap then... yikes! ... but all those details are also understandable and take coordination between departments and people... I hope things go well for you :3

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/4 15:14:19 )
@Lotus: hi i like x m[youtube][/youtube]

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/5 01:25:09 )

@Wildfire: Yes. I am very fortunate that my husband has a well paying job. I don't know how stressed I would be if I had no money to pay bills right now! Hopefully this week we will get an answer to when exactly I will be starting cause at first they said after the holidays but then last week they told me earliest was the 19th, so I guess it's a good thing that I didn't book a flight for Christmas. I didn't book one in the first place cause have you seen flight prices lately? They are freaking insane. We were thinking about going to the UK this year to see his family (his brother just had their 2nd child yesterday) but the price was almost double what it was last year. And this is when we looked in Sept. Then we thought what about FL to see my fam, and it was like $600 a person so hell no to that lol

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/5 13:24:01 )
@Totalanimefan: Exactly my point about start dates and stuff. This time of year is always a weird time to start a new job, but it sounds like there's a lot of legwork to be done for you to get started... or, they're just a bit mismanaged and unorganized with that stuff. It can be hard to tell, especially at this time of year. I hope all goes well for you and you get a start date sooner rather than later - that waiting and uncertainty can be difficult, imo.

I'm sure that had you booked a flight/visit you and the company could work around it, but yeah... I've heard that airfare has gone simply bonkers lately!! $600 per person from your area to mine is insane - especially since it's like a 2 hour flight and a straight shot (unless for some reason the flight is routed through Atlanta). You could probably drive that distance and spend less doing so (and, with all the stupid delays these days at airports, you could make the trip, by car, in almost the same time-frame!! (ok, not really, but in my mind, the ticket pricing invites comparison ... Sheesh!)

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/5 21:33:55 )

@Wildfire: Yeah the waiting and uncertainty isn't the nicest. ^^; I'm going to try and make the most out of it.

Yes that's way too much. Direct from DCA to MCO or DCA to MIA and I was like WTF bro like why? I thought well I could just rent a car and drive it and then I thought about this that happened in Jan. It was a shit show. It was 60 Degrees the day before so no one believed the weathermen saying there was gonna be a lot and snow and people traveled anyway and lots of people were stuck for about 36-48 hours depending on where they had to go and then cause others abandoned the vehicles it made it harder for people who's only route was 95.
Click Me

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.