Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk It's been a heck of a week

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/03/9 00:40:51 )
And it's only Wednesday. On Monday my mom went to the ER for kindey stones. She went off of her low oxalate diet and gorged on peanuts. This one is on her, but I'm a hypocrite.
My uncle broke is hand on a job site. Normally he'd rather die than go to the hospital. (Again, I'm a hypocrite.) I suppose when your knuckles unnaturally touch you wrist, it's an understandable exception. He's currently recovering from surgery at home.
And also on Monday I got an impacted bowel from my own stupidity.
I've been taking laxatives and hoping for the best.

Tuesday my mom almost ditched the kidney surgery all together.
She called me before they carted her off to the operation room. She wanted me to pick her up because they wouldn't let her be awake during the surgery. She wanted to be awake to make sure the doctors didn't try to give her a covid vaccine while she was out. I was thankfully able to convince her to stay. Turns out she didn't have just one kindey stone, she had 4 chickpea sized stones. I wonder if there's a record for that.
*Googles it*
The most kidney stones removed from a patient is 172,155.

Anyways, today the hospital was going to discharge my mom. And instead of waiting to talk to the doctor and go over her medication and sign the paperwork, she just left with the IV still in. She attempted to drive herself home but got lost. Then fought with me the whole way back to the hospital. After she was officially discharged I made sure I set up her follow up appointments with the urologist. Because I knew she wouldn't and would just let the stint implant rot her kidney away. I'm doing this while I have an impacted bowel, a migraine and flu congestion. I probably need to see a doctor but I have no insurance.

After that I managed to make it home to my dog who was hours late taking her UTI pills. I went to take a laxative and found my water was turned off. I was on call with the city for an hour. They meant to shut off the water for my neighbors, who hadn't paid their bills. So on top of everything I won't have running water until Thursday morning. Maybe.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/03/9 04:18:19 )

Jesus that is quite a week. I’m sorry you seem to have to take care of your mom by yourself. That’s a lot even without everything else.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/03/30 20:39:59 )
We have running water again. I had to fight the city like no other. They literally charged me to turn it back on. I shouldn't be charged for their mistakes but here we are. The bill is coming soon and I'm willing to be they'll charge me for the week we didn't have water. I don't know if I have it in me to fight them over it. One positive thing is that next month is my last car payment.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.