Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat We are a third of the way into this year already.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/1 13:06:26 )
I am surprised at how fast this year feels, the prior years felt slow most likely due to the pandemic. What are some positive memories you have made this year? What are you most looking forward to this year? Positive memories for myself include spending time with friends, going to some events, and making some new friends along the way. What I am looking forward to this year is taking time off from work to have a mini-vacation with my other half that we have had planned for a while. n_n

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/1 19:59:17 )
Thanks to the pandemic being less of a problem in my area, IE less people are sick from it, I'm able to enjoy going out without being too paranoid about getting the virus. I have a very small immune system, so small I need platelet therapy because my body doesn't produce enough white blood cells, so I've been stuck at home since the outbreak started. I look forward to visiting the places I haven't been to for so dang long. Simple things, like going to see a movie at the theater, was unimaginable until now.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/2 14:27:42 )
@farrenlock: Oh wow, I can only imagine that you are excited to get back into living a "semi-normal" life and I can only imagine how tough that must have been waiting. I have my fair share of health issues including a weakened immune system as well. If I have to go places when feeling off (such as the grocery store), I will wear a mask, or ask my other half to pick stuff up on way home. I hope you have been able to be vaccinated, when I did eventually get it myself, it just felt like a normal cold and I feel horrible for those who (or know someone personally) experienced worse symptoms.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/2 16:40:22 )

I'm going out more too, but I do still have to get used to going back into the real world a lot. I'm still adjusting.
In Jan I started a new job and I was in training until March and I felt like it was soo much to learn and adjust too. Then finally a few weeks ago it clicked! I feel good about the job and I hope that they hire me permanently. I'm a contractor right now.
I started seeing a therapist a few months ago and it's going well. Last week it became cherry blossom season and it was beautiful! April for me will be full of spring events. In May my sister is coming to live with us, and we are also going to a concert in Boston together! In June we will all FINALLY move into my condo, it will finish being built. July is my bday month too. So lots of exciting stuff.

@farrenlock: I hope that you will be able to live your life outside the house this year. I will warn you, it's hard to readjust, and it takes time. It won't be as easy as it was before.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/3 16:33:42 )
@Totalanimefan: Happy to hear that you have that stability you’ve been needing and once everything clicks, you know you’re set, it appears that they felt that way too when they kept you hired and worked with what you needed.

When it comes to everyone adjusting and taking their time to really appreciate things more now than ever before, it’s been rewarding to see what we all sometimes take for granted. It’s also been heartbreaking whenever you hear someone say they lost someone they know or loved.

The new therapist and you getting along and things going well for you is fantastic to read. It seems like you have a lot going on for Spring!

Always awesome to have family come by and I hope that the move goes smoothly for everyone involved. Which concert are you going to as well as happy early birthday (many people I know have birthdays in July). Sounds like a lot of fun.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/3 17:48:51 )
This year has been pretty rough for me, honestly, but I feel like this year is much more hopeful than the last three. I'm excited for summer vacation and hopefully will be getting my first job soon.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/3 21:22:38 )

@Lotus: Yes it's been very nice to have stability after these last few years. I wonder if/when I will get hired. Just because my boss wants to keep me and is putting a case together, doesn't mean the budget people will approve me, but I think it might happen.
I have had some loss in the last 6 months, my dog died and my family cat died too. They were very old and lived great lives though.
Spring is going to keep me very busy.

The condo was supposed to be ready awhile ago. I just called them for at update and we are probably having our first walk through in May sometime, no date yet. And then I learned that normally you close two weeks after that. So still looking at June probably? Hard to say. I think in two weeks or so they will have a better understanding.

We are going to see Man with a Mission. They are a Japanese rock band that we love! We are all very excited to get to see them.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/5 17:24:04 )
@timeoflittlebells: Sorry to hear that your year (including the last three) has been rough. My year started out pretty slow, but, it's starting to pick up as I focus on my job, and balance spending time with my other half and friends. What are you most looking forward to and what type of job are you looking into, it sounds like it's something that motivates you.

@Totalanimefan: I have no doubt you will get the job, you are a hard worker! The loss of a pet is rough and having to lose two I can imagine is even more heartbreaking. My condolences. <3 Here is to hoping the walk-through of the place goes smoothly, is it brand new? I forgot if I asked you this or not. Oouh~ MWAM will be fun to see live! I hope you enjoy it. *_*

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/5 19:39:36 )
@Lotus: Oh, I am definitely vaccinated. Even got all the boosters to! But I'll still wear a mask and minimize going out into the public. Can't be too careful, ya know?

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/5 21:10:22 )

@farrenlock: I'm the same way. When I got COVID it was really bad for me and I've been very worried that I'll get it again. If you stay up to date with vaccines and wear a mask when indoors you should be ok! I do that and the only time I got it in the whole three years was when my mother in law came to stay with us for a week and we all got it from here. Mentally it's very hard to go back to 'normal' (pre-2020) but over time with positive interactions your brain will slowly relearn.

@Lotus: Thank you so much <33 I have worked very hard and continue to do so. :) Things are going well with your job?
Yes it was very hard. They were both very sick. And when they were gone that stress was replaced with grief. Not sure which was worse. ^^; The condo is new, it's not done being built yet. I think I said but they kept pushing back the date. It was supposed to be Nov, then Jan, then March and now June. June is pretty much the latest it can be for us. Some people in the other building (it's two mirrored buildings) will be moving in, in I think two weeks? MWAM is amazing. I've wanted to see them live for years and finally I get the chance!

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/6 13:25:31 )
@farrenlock: Glad to hear that and yes, it's better to be safe while protecting yourself and others around you.

@Totalanimefan: It's going well, still working on taking breaks instead of work through my lunch-break and I am glad they were able to take a break instead of work through them feeling sick. I hope they don't push it any further out otherwise you will need to start looking again and get money back which can lead to a huge mess if they decide to try and take it to court or anything. I am glad you finally get a chance to see them live. <3

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/6 17:12:21 )

@Lotus: Good that you are taking your breaks. Those are soo important!
Yeah I hope so too. I kinda feel like the finish line is too close for it to move, but also anything could happen.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/7 22:02:01 )
    I'm looking forward to the summer and for the opportunities that come as the year progresses. I'll be awaiting some exam results and regardless, I hope I'll be able to withstand the conclusion. I'm also going to visit a friend before they move out of the country so it's going to be a little bittersweet but I also know that this is a great opportunity for them.

I'd also really like to plant some lavender or herbs. And barbecue. A lot of barbecue.

Voltie — Moody Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/8 02:21:55 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Not too many fond memories but I think finishing my commission after 4 months
is a good memory. Also going shoe shopping with my dad since i needed new shoes which I love them to pieces!

I haven't really done much, but i'm slowly getting outside more after the pandemic/my knee injury.
I'm also working on managing my weight and trying to shed a few pounds.
I think it is working though. So that's a bonus.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.