Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Welcome Committee I miss everyone!

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 months ago ( 2024/07/12 20:26:37 )
@Lina: thank you, its going away but, I still need to get a dentist for my daughter, and I. Maybe even for her daddy too.

Donator — she/her Posted 3 months ago ( 2024/07/14 15:03:30 )
@FUZZY: It's important to go to the dentist regularly anyway.
I haven't been in a few years because I don't have insurance and it's expensive. But it really is something I should be saving to do at least yearly. >.<

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 months ago ( 2024/07/15 18:29:04 )
@Lina: yes it costs a pretty shiny penny to go see the dentist.
If you can’t say something nice, Don’t say anything at all!

Donator — he/him/theirs Posted 3 months ago ( 2024/07/17 19:31:13 )
@Lina & @FUZZY: gosh you're both reminding me that I've been meaning to call the dentist for a while now... I got dental coverage through my state but the dentist I've always gone to didn't accept it, and I kinda let myself get unmotivated from there on. terrible thing to put off, though, only got so many teeth in this life... I see how frustrated my grandmother gets dealing with dentures, and applesauce is only so good for so long (though I do love me some cinnamon applesauce - and strawberry applesauce, a more recent discovery for me)

also, I want to say I really love both of your avatars!! delightfully eerie... and color coordinated :)

Donator — she/her Posted 3 months ago ( 2024/07/18 15:35:05 )
@toe: Both my parents have partial dentures already, which means my teeth dna isn't great and I should be taking extra good care of them. But i have depression and lack motivation to take care of myself. >.<

Thank you! I've always loved jesters so I do jester avatars pretty often. And I love a creepy/cute combo. ^^
You look cool! I love a bright colored avatar!

Donator — he/him/theirs Posted 3 months ago ( 2024/07/21 12:40:54 )
@Lina: It’s not always easy I relate for sure! As long as you just do what you can in the meantime that counts for something, I say. For me that’s meant putting a reminder in my phone about brushing my teeth that I check off daily — routine is hard with ADHD so if it works it works lol. Adulting is never ending though, and doing it with mental health challenges is even spicier 🤌🏼

Jesters honestly rock so I appreciate that! I think I’ve thus far undervalued the magic of things like jesters/clowns/mascots in the way they let someone be goofy within the confines of a sort of alter ego. But that aside, they just look cool too lol. There’s a band I dig where the guys often dress up in full jester garb (The Garden if ya don’t know ‘em) and I love & respect the craft

Donator — she/her Posted 3 months ago ( 2024/07/21 15:59:42 )
@toe: I did Habitica for a few years. You can list daily tasks you need to do. Things you should be doing throughout the day, like I had drink water, and you mark it off every time you do it. And then like 1 time things, like I need to finish this art commission. But it really worked for me, because you have a little character and you earn experience points for completing things. It's a website and an app.

I don't know The Garden, but I love the vibes!
For a while I was obsessed with Belial from the manga Angel Sanctuary. Also known as Had Hatter, the delightfully creepy, androgynous, demon court jester.

Donator — Medical Biller Posted 3 months ago ( 2024/07/22 06:15:45 )
That's good @Lina: that your Gaia Art shop is doing well. How was your move, since you're back home?

𓃵

Donator — she/her Posted 3 months ago ( 2024/07/22 14:41:42 )
@Qiqi Agatha: Moving is always a lot. Just the packing and unpacking.
But I'm so glad to be back in Chicago! I really didn't care for Saint Louis.
It was the least culture and diversity I have ever experienced, and it's supposedly a major city.

Donator — he/him/theirs Posted 3 months ago ( 2024/07/22 15:53:15 )
@Lina: Habitica sounds right up my alley!! It's vaguely familiar, I might have tried it years ago but it didn't end up sticking for me I guess. More recently I discovered the Finch app which functions very similarly, doing tasks helps earn towards the growth and customization of a little bird. It's helped a whole lot - anything that makes life feel like a game (aka more fun of course) is a golden ticket for me.

Wowowow that character sure does have a cool design I dig it!! Love the androgyny of that kind of makeup; I always figured it would be fun to play around with but have never been too good at painting my face or any such thing. But, trial and error is the best way to learn, and I guess it's not the worst thing if it looks a bit chaotic haha.

I also empathize with you on the moving front -- even when you're in a better place it can be super draining to not know where all your stuff is! Unless you are a more organized packer than me... I'm still searching for things after moving back in February.
Having only been to Chicago on a layover once, what are some of your favorite things about it, if I may ask?

Donator — Medical Biller Posted 3 months ago ( 2024/07/26 19:40:19 )
Ha ha ha @Lina: Saint Louis, my goodness. That's a rough city. I visited there 10yrs ago & will never go back. It is so boring, there but at least you're back home now. What are your fun plans now, since you're home? Hopefully, home brings you more stability

𓃵

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 months ago ( 2024/08/3 23:40:46 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

helloo! you may not remember me as I also tend to disappear, but I'm always free to talk.
if I am able to, i can keep you company in your streams too. streaming can be difficult at first.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website] | [Twitter] | [Instagram] | [Tumblr]

Donator — she/her Posted 2 months ago ( 2024/08/31 02:35:31 )
@toe: I think maybe I need to start doing something like Habitica or Finch again. Lately I haven't been doing anything at all on my days off, not even checking here which is something I enjoy. I've just been lying in bed all day. >.<

I've never tried doing makeup of any kind really. I think it's amazing on other people! Fashion makeup and costume makeup are both so cool.

I was -a kind- of organized when I pack. I packed heavy things with light things, so none of the boxes were too heavy. Which made moving them around easier, but they are not organized by item type, so it's been weird to unpack... >.<

My favorite thing about Chicago is the diversity. I didn't realize how much I would miss it until I went somewhere with almost no culture. Chicago has a wonderful China Town, and a lot of the suburbs have a big Asian population. (I'm an anime nerd so I love all of that!) But also people and cultures from all over the world. Saint Louis was like 99% white Christian... which is just so boring and uninteresting.

@Qiqi Agatha: I got my old job back from before I left, and that was about all the plans I made. I've had a few chances to see my friends, which is great! And I started a Stardew farm with 2 of my old coworkers! We only played 1 time so far, but it was a lot of fun!
Mostly I've been lazing around my room though... >.<

@MoodyB: of course I remember Moody!!
It's great to see you again! I've been so out of it lately that I keep disappearing every time I intend to really get back into posting. I've just been in a funk. ~~~
I've been neglecting my streaming too. So I really have to get back into it, or I'll lose the followers I'm finally getting. lol

Donator — Medical Biller Posted 2 months ago ( 2024/08/31 19:26:06 )
That's good @Lina: that your life is getting more fun since moving back home

𓃵

Donator — she/her Posted 1 month ago ( 2024/09/3 21:10:26 )
@Qiqi Agatha: It's definitely on the way up!
Amazing how big of a difference moving can have.
Find me @ PlayWithErica on instagram, twitch, youtube, and discord.

Donator — Medical Biller Posted 4 weeks ago ( 2024/09/20 20:07:28 )
That's good @Lina:

𓃵

Voltie Posted 2 weeks ago ( 2024/10/1 10:01:23 )
@qiqi agatha: yo, pleased to meet ya,
your grandma alright?

Donator — Medical Biller Posted 2 weeks ago ( 2024/10/5 18:55:53 )
Hola @LupaPrinceRomulus: , nice to meet you as well. I'm grandmother is doing better and thank you for asking

𓃵
Ensuite, je suis le fantôme de Novembre!

Voltie Posted 2 weeks ago ( 2024/10/5 22:03:41 )
Yo @qiqi agatha: wanna hang out sometime?

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.