Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Welcome Committee [Introduction] Back on my newb sh*t

Voltie Posted 2 months ago ( 2024/07/19 08:08:13 )
Hello all!
My name is Icey. I used to play on Gaia online back in high school and have been looking for
a better alternative since the toxicity & inflation got out of hand and zOMG got shut down
I made an account here a while ago but never used it because I literally had to buy a face???
Anyway I'm here trying to give this a shot.

What I really liked about gaia and what I miss the most is the art community there.
I hope I will have fun here. Are there any rules I should know about?
like how I am allowed to decorate my posts?
Menewsha didn't allow me to decorate my post like I used to on Gaia
They considered it spammy. just don't want to break any rules

Donator — she/her Posted 2 months ago ( 2024/07/19 23:55:12 )
Hey! Welcome to Voltra!!
The rule for images is "Images used on post styles must not exceed 300px in height. They must not exceed 200px in height for signatures. For all other images, the forums will auto resize them to the set limit of 906px width and 1080px height, and they are allowed as long as they are not constant, or stacked together in a single post. If you have various large images in a single posts, make use of the BBCode for Spoilers and hide them from the regular view."
People do some pretty cool post art, so as long as you don't have really big images, you can pretty much go wild.
All the rules are here if you want to look it over: https://www.voltra.us/forum/view_topic/442

I've been on and off Gaia for like 20 years. >.<
I have an art shop there, but was thinking I wanted to make one for here because I like the avatars better. Wasn't sure anyone would be interested though.
Maybe an art hangout thread and I can just do freebies and chat. :3

What other kinds of things are you into?
Books? Tv? Movies? Music?

Voltie Posted 2 months ago ( 2024/07/20 00:16:15 )
@Lina:
Good to know!
I'm so excited someone answered!
I was starting to think this place might be dead.
I honestly encourage you to make an art shop or hangout here.
In this troubling time of AI I'm really craving some real artists and art lovers to bond with

As far as other things I'm into I love the Nightmare Before Christmas and just about anything spooky and cute
I like Melanie Martinez, Oliver Tree, Ace Vane and T-Pain
I play D&D with my husband on the weekends
I love playing Stardew Valley and recently I've been playing Palia on my switch
It's been a lot of fun doing food parties there.

Donator — she/her Posted 2 months ago ( 2024/07/21 15:03:50 )
@IceyVampir: If you head to the main forum page there is a list of active topics, it's the topics that most recently have replies.
We aren't the most busy, but there are definitely people around.
They apparently aren't checking for introductions though... -pokes everyone-

I wonder if I could set up an art hangout where I have posts on the first page for "rent" like a consignment shop or a convention with artist booths. I wouldn't actually charge anything, but it could be fun for people who want just a little mini shop.

I love creepy and cute! Nightmare Before Christmas is wonderful. I also love Over The Garden Wall, tiny bit obsessed. I follow some "Gurokawa" artists (japenese for creepy+cute) and "pastel goth" artists on instagram and tiktok.

I've seen Melanie Martinez shirts and things around, and they seem totally my style. I don't know if I've actually listened to their music though. Maybe if a coworker played it at the store. I'm pretty firmly in rock/metal most of the time. I do sometimes like alternative though, so I might like it. What songs do you recommend?
We listen to Oliver Tree at work sometimes. We usually play energetic things because work is slowly killing us and we need music that keeps us going. XD
I don't know Ace Vane, but if it's not rock or metal I probably don't know it. >.<
Is T-Pain still a thing? He was around in the early 2000s. Good for him.

I've been talking with my coworkers about d&d so much the last week or 2. One of them started a campaign a few months ago, and the rest of us are desperate to play as well, so we make him tell us everything that is happening. I am living my life through his character lately.

I've been playing Stardew lately, it's one of the games I stream. Sadly that means I have to be in the mood to stream in order to play it. But otherwise, I'll hyper fixate on it and then get bored. I did that with Palia. I played it too intensely for like the first 2 months and now I'm over it. I'll go back eventually... XD

Artist Posted 2 months ago ( 2024/07/22 03:28:40 )
@IceyVampir: Welcome to Voltra! :3 creepy and cute are the best! o3o especially the nightmare before christmas~
We’re a small slow community right now but there’s still some posting going on :3
Thanks for answering the post style question Lina! Much appreciated <3

Voltie Posted 1 month ago ( 2024/07/26 20:50:19 )
@Lina:
I don't think I've ever heard of "Over the Garden Wall" Please feel free to info dump about it lol
As far as the collab shop I've been a part of one of those on Gaia before. I'd be interested in that if you ever started it.

Melanie Martinez is like the opposite of metal lol
I recommend watching the story of Crybaby (her first album) as the music videos tell a story
and it's a nice blend of cute and creepy. Ace Vane is a rapper but I started following him on youtube
because he makes parody videos and it's hilarious lol
T- Pain has just been chill lately. Still dropping music but it's mostly singles now
and he streams on twitch and plays games with his wife

Lucky for me my husband is a DM and he always has campaign ideas
He's doing one now where it's kinda like SAO?
in that it's kinda a game inside of a game and you have a character sheet for your IRL character
and one for your in game character. It sounds confusing but his players have had a lot of fun.
If you're ever interested hubby knows a lot of other DMs he can refer you to as well.

I completely understand being hyper focused and obsessive. I literally do the same thing xD
So I wanted to play stardew after the update but I had to wait for bugs to be fixed and stuff
I updated mods and added more and I really wanna play it vanilla on my switch first T^T
And Palia I started at the end of May and I'm already kinda burnt out
But that's good because that means I can work on my art and not ignore everyone xD

Voltie Posted 1 month ago ( 2024/07/26 20:53:08 )
@Ruby:
Thanks so much for the warm welcome Ruby!
I hope to stick around and add something positive to the community here.
Avatar based forum sites seem to be dying and it honestly makes me sad :(

Does your artist tag mean that you're an official artist for the website?

Artist Posted 1 month ago ( 2024/07/28 16:20:20 )
@IceyVampir: Glad to have you! Things here are slow right now but I hope you have some fun :3 avatar sites definitely seem to be a dying breed and it makes me sad too ;3;

Sort of, yes! I’m an item tech so I prep and upload the items the pixel artists make. I’m working on learning to pixel, we’ll see how that goes lol but yes I am staff haha if you have any layering problems or other issues I’m here to help~

Oh and also if you want another place to chat you’re totally welcome in the cult of the worm thread that’s linked in the pic in my sig :3

Donator — she/her Posted 1 week ago ( 2024/08/31 02:57:25 )
@IceyVampir: Over the Garden Wall is one of my favorite autumn cartoon shows. 2 kids get lost in the woods, and lots of weird things and creepy monsters are there. The art style is very creepy, but really the story is more weird than actually scary. It's very bizarre, but in such a charming way. And I really love the art! They really put effort into the art!

That campaign sounds super fun! I've played a lot of mmo style games so it sounds like it would be really interesting to role-play a story like that. I have a lot of social anxiety, so I'm not sure if I'll ever actually join a group, but I would love to!

I'm playing Stardew on stream, which is helping me pace myself so I don't get burned out. I did Palia for like the bata, and immediately over played and I haven't been back.. >.< oops
Find me @ PlayWithErica on instagram, twitch, youtube, and discord.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.