Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts The Pokemon Center

Donator — SENPAI Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/10 03:11:45 )
Damn. You guys sounds exactly like me. x ___ x I'm glad I'm not alone in that aspect!
I thought I had a "#1 friend" so to speak, but I wasn't hers? That seems to be the ending with a lot of my friendships, no matter what I do.
This is why online is nice. = A=

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/10 03:20:08 )
@Lily: Half the time, I probably won't even notice. :P

@Yuracye: It sucks that that's happened to you, too; but, at least you're amongst company. We all understand. And, yeah, also why online is nice. Location isn't a problem (mostly).

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/10 03:27:03 )
@Lily: Just make sure to not get banned. XD

Ugh I getcha. I find that the last hour of work always goes the fastest, though. I'm not sure why.

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/10 03:32:14 )
@Lily: Geez, that sucks. Coworkers are something that can really make or break a job, I've found. Hopefully things get better.

Donator — SENPAI Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/10 03:55:31 )
@lily: Yeah, I've never thought about it that way, but I thought I was someone's best friend only to find out that they have another whole group of friends and they're closer to them/known them longer. Either that or they've moved away and made new friends. I think that's part of the reason why I don't maintain relationships anymore. > > ;;;
YEAH! We'll band together and be best friends online. /clings to

@dataninja: Yeh. I think that's why I like online so much more. You can have best friends and still be able to talk to others. There's so set hanging out or going out type of thing. I'm glad there's people I can relate to, since my fiance just thinks I need to put more effort into friendships. /sighs

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/10 04:06:55 )
@Yuracye: Online stuff is great for that, yeah. There is just that something about hanging out in person, but... I'll take the sugar substitute over nothing any day. It's still sweet, after all. :P
And, I getcha about the more effort stuff. I'm still living with my dad and step-mom while I'm at university due to A) money and B) housing is next to impossible to find here, so... I get a lot of that. Every second not spent doing schoolwork, work-work, or networking is a moment wasted. (Although, I do sometimes get conflicting messages. "You aren't doing well enough in your classes." "You need to get out more, these are the best years of your life."; "You need to be more independent." "You're making all the wrong choices." Ugh.)

Donator — SENPAI Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/10 04:10:15 )
@dataninja: Yeh, it's two different worlds. Depends if you're actually doing something too, you know?
Good way of putting it. xD
Yeeep, pretty similar to my situation, only it's more like... I don't have a car so I'd have to rely on others picking me up or someone dropping me off. It's a pain and I feel like a nuisance. I'm sure that doesn't help my case.
I tried during high school, and that didn't get me anywhere. @ ___ @ College was nice, I suppose, but it would have been a different story if it wasn't for my fiance. The first year of college was stressing and trying to get a grasp of walking to classes and getting all the homework done.

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/10 04:11:48 )
Yuracye:
Typing on a computer is just so much faster than texting on a phone. q vq
omg yes. I hate having to use my tablet when I'm out and about. So much auto correct weirdness happens

Donator — SENPAI Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/10 04:17:15 )
@shadami: I'm glad I'm not the only one. ;;;;; I just have so much difficulty with the little letters and half the time I'm not fully paying attention so, that doesn't help. xD

YES OMG. I want to take the auto-correct off, but also I don't know how to spell certain words, so I leave it. xD

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/10 04:19:36 )
@Yuracye: I'm lucky that there's at least a semi-decent bus system in this city. Combine that with the fairly cheap mandatory university bus pass, and, well... I have a pretty good degree of freedom in that regard.
I am thankful for one friend coming up to me in my first year. I was sitting alone in the front row of a math course, and she just came up and sat next to me, and started talking. Which is something that had literally never happened before. And, that's basically how I actually got some friends in uni. :P

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/10 04:20:36 )
Well it helps when it's putting in appostraphes and stuff so that you don't have to because it's such a pain to switch to symbols in the middle of typing.

Donator — SENPAI Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/10 04:26:51 )
@dataninja: Ahhh. I don't trust the bus system near me. >> I don't think anything has ever happened, but I don't want to take the chance since I live near a - well not so good neighborhood.

That is great! I feel like it's easier making friends in college because everyone is almost as lost and struggling as you are. You know?
I literally made a friend in high school because we had the same name. xD

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/10 04:32:05 )
@Yuracye: Ouch. Yeah, I understand that. It's not necessarily a risk worth taking.

And pfffft. That's great. I've only once had the same name as someone else in my class. And, it was annoying, because they had the same last initial as me, as well. That just got me in the habit of writing out my full name on everything. :P

Donator — SENPAI Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/10 04:52:59 )
@dataninja: Yeah, I like my life right now, I'd rather not risk that. xD Either that or losing a bunch of money or something. yeah, no.

Awhman. X D I've had that happen too! Our first names were the same, and we had the same last initial. It was great- especially when the teacher called on us! We'd both answer "Which one?" xD
I always wrote out my whole name, just in case. > >

@lily: That's an awesome last name.

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/10 05:24:35 )
@yuracye: Yeah, you can risk a lot of things... your life probably shouldn't be one. Money/ID/whatever sucks to lose, too.

I've gotten used to just writing out my full-full name on everything. Because I go by my middle name, but things are all legally in my first name... and, yeah. And, of course, despite the university asking my preferred name, not everything has that. So, I have no guarantee of what name they'll, say, be cross checking exams for. Needless to say, it's a pain, and I wish my parents had just given me the name they wanted to call me first. :P

@Lily: No, just one that nobody pronounces correctly the first time. Comolli. It sucked, because the person reading it got it wrong on my high school grad night. Figures that the person who actually knew how to pronounce it got me during the rehearsal grad... which was in part meant to make sure the people reading names knew how to pronounce them. XD

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/10 06:39:51 )
I never used to run into people with my name. They're all usually older than me.

Donator — SENPAI Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/10 07:01:32 )
@dataninja: I mean, I can afford to lose money since I only carry $20 on me in cash at any given time... or my engagement ring. But, it's just easier for my fiance to drive me. xD Rather not risk my life kthx. That one is the most important.

Ahhh, I see, I see. I sign a lot of stuff for work, so I usually write my whole name too. x ___ x ;;
You could always tell the professors to call you something else. I've seen them do that before. You introduce yourself and say "everyone calls me X though." You know?
Hahah. Wouldn't it all be easier that way? xD I'm not really sure what I would name myself though. I'm not happy with my name, but I wouldn't want to change it either? /shrugs.

@shadami: ... My name is super common. There were at least two other girls in my high school classes at any given time with the name. rip.

TH | dA

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/10 07:07:40 )
I for lucky I think. My middle name though...man everyone and their mother had the name.

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/10 07:21:35 )
@Lily: It's pronounced Cuh-mall-ee. But, don't worry. I get cannoli jokes a lot. :P

@yuracye: Yeah, that's fair enough. And, yeah, you can replace anything given enough time. But not your life. That's what was always said in those school assemblies when the officers came in - if they're just after your stuff, give them what they want. But if they're after your body or your life, fight back.

And, yeah. It'd be nice to be able to choose your name. I don't know what I'd choose, but there are so many lovely names out there. Mine just... is.

Please ping when responding to me, to make sure I see your reply!

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/10 07:24:51 )
I love my name. I can't even think about changing it legally. It's just who I am.
Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.