Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Mini Shops The Sandbox [Art] ⇒ Shop: CLOSED ⇄ Freebies: OPEN

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/11 05:10:01 )
@saeyra: Unfortunately, I don't think a union would help much. Most businesses here hire part time at low wages because they can and because it's cheaper than paying full time and decent wages. Because then they have to do health insurance and all that. So the odds of me actually finding anything better are very slim.
So I'm being picky and only going for jobs that I think would be something I'd enjoy.

Voltie — Princess Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/11 05:15:54 )
@Kaderin Triste: It sucks that employers take advantage of their employees. That behavior is everywhere unfortunately :(. I hope you find better employers someday or that these ones go to jail :vanora_xd:

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/11 05:19:34 )
@saeyra: Well, the one with the shitty boss is a non-profit, so they have a lot of loopholes anyway.
And the other one, they made perfectly clear ot would be part time and low pay. But I took it because I needed the extra money so I could start to get a handle on my debt and also because it's a fabric and craft store, which os more my forte.

Voltie — She/Hungry Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/11 12:16:09 )
@Lina: Yeah! :D Def glad to have spent it on this, too! I really love Velvet and Vanora's recolor! So happy.
@Saeyra: Wow, make sure to title it Frankenbabies to really try and get the name to stick!! :D
@kaderin triste: O, I knocked out sorry! LOL Hope you had a good day at work!

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/11 12:52:42 )
@mica: Work was...alright I guess. It was the same as it's been for the last year or so. The boss doesn't like me, so she finds things to pick at, but is too passive-agressive to tell me herself and instead bitches to my supervisor about it and is always blowing things out of proportion.
For example, today I went in and my supervisor (who, thankfully is also my friend and who knows exactly what she's like) had to "talk to me" about not cleaning the stove in the kitchen, which was a disgusting mess and "hadn't been cleaned in months". Which is bull because I had just cleaned it the night before. But she cooked some sort of (I assume) stir fry for lunch and had managed to make a giant mess with grease, vegetables, and rice all over the place, so I clearly wasn't doing my job because I hadn't psychically sensed the mess and come in 2-3 hours early to clean it up.
Seriously, no one in that building will so much as pick up paper they drop or wipe up a spill and if I don't take care of it before noon (even though, especially now that I'm working 2 jobs, I'm not often in before 2pm), then "I'm not doing my job and that's been there for 3 days".

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/11 14:17:37 )
Now that you have a new avs, I feel like I gotta doodle you again. . . hmmm
My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — She/Hungry Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/11 16:13:26 )
@Kaderin Triste: YO. IF YOU SHARE A KITCHEN. U CLEAN IT. *Triggered* It's just.. hygienic and considerate! That sucks, I'm glad your supervisor isn't a big buttcake. D: Grrr

@Lunakiri: :vanora_heart: Luna. As long as you have fun with it!! :vanora_heart:

Donator — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/11 20:19:28 )
@mica: for real! A few of the winners really picked great colors!!

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/11 21:17:26 )
@mica: Unfortunately, it's not even just the kitchen, they do this everywhere in the building. Something gets spilled in an office and it's "why didn't she clean it? Uh...because you didn't tell or ask me to. Or my personal favorite is when they run out of toilet paper on just one of the two rolls in a stall and "the bathroom hasn't been cleaned in days and we're out of toilet paper." Uh. We do have 2 spare rolls per stall on a ledge behind the toilets. EVERYONE KNOWS THIS. It is not that difficult to grab a roll and change it if you don't want to stretch 2 inches more to grab toilet paper from the other roll.

Voltie — She/Hungry Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/11 22:33:37 )
@Lina: Yeah I agree! :vanora_heart:
Plus it was some much needed accessories. :vanora_glasses:

@Kaderin Triste: DEAR GODS. D: That's messed up. Also, bahaha are they really that lazy to at least grab a roll of toilet paper? O_O Mica is amazed... it's a workplace, too! Like c'mon man!

Voltie — Princess Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/11 23:38:51 )
@rainbowpanda: Here is your finished event art for pickup!

Voltie — She/Hungry Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/11 23:45:53 )
@Saeyra: Hue, you feel like a hobo in my shop. /pokes. Where's dat store, huh, friend? HUH?

Voltie — Princess Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/11 23:53:01 )
@Mica: I prefer the word stray *hisses*. My shop...yeah..I mean I COULD have been working on it instead of helping you with your event thread. BUT I am a GOOD FRIEND. A little "thank you Saeyra, you are the best friend I have ever had in the whole wide world" or "I love it that you are hanging out with me in my shop, Saeyra. My best friend, my buddy of buddies" would be much appreciated. Feel free to copy and paste any of those responses :vanora_xd:

Voltie — She/Hungry Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/12 00:03:38 )
@Saeyra: Oh-oh a stray. Mhmm. Wait, woah you need cat ears to make this super realistic LOL.
Hey since you so graciously typed it out for me, I'm gonna use some of those: "I love it that you are hanging out with me in my shop, Saeyra. My best friend, my buddy of buddies."
:vanora_xd: :vanora_xd:

Voltie — Princess Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/12 00:09:39 )
@Mica: IS there a cat ears item?!? I need it in my life! I got horns...its the next closest thing?

Voltie — She/Hungry Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/12 00:24:10 )
@Saeyra: Nope but they're fairly common on these sites, we're sure to see more animal themed items. A lotta people been asking for pandas, cats and I think birds? But there's a buncha cat people here, I can't imagine it not happening!

Voltie — Princess Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/12 00:33:52 )
@Mica: Yeah I went to the pet thread and its all cats. I feel sorry for dogs and misc. pets. The cat people rule this world! I mean we got angel wings so the bird people will be happy :vanora_xd:

Donator — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/12 00:34:09 )
@mica: everything added to the shops seems much needed right now. XD
Find me @ PlayWithErica on instagram, twitch, youtube, and discord.

Voltie — Princess Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/12 00:35:34 )
Oh speaking of pets I haven't fed my guinea piggies today! Poor piggies!

Always ping me please.

Voltie — She/Hungry Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/12 00:50:44 )
@Lina: :vanora_sweat: ...You make.. a really good point... I did not think of it like that. LOL I'm excited to see the designs of the winners come up tho. :vanora_heart:

@Saeyra: WTF Y U DO THIS. You should post pics of 'em in the pet thread- there's one around I'm sure.
Apparently out of a gig. --v
RLC Commissions always available! PM me or add me on discord: micami#8341

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.