Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/27 22:31:35 )
@mdom: i know right? they are awesome

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/28 00:59:56 )
2 items out :O
I wonder how much currency we'll need

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/29 00:19:45 )
a bajillion

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/29 00:36:58 )
i need to complain about something lol and I'm feeling REALLY bitchy.

So as most of you know I work at a youth club and obvs we have a zero tolerance policy regarding substance abuse/use. Meaning the youth, staff, visitors, volunteers, and whoever else comes into my work, can not be under the influence of anything. We have 12 - 17 yr old youth, so we need to make sure that they feel safe and the environment is healthy at all times. I can't have high or drunk, even if it's recreational, youth around younger youth. Aside from that them smelling is a potential trigger, as youth might remember trauma associated with those smells. Aside from these two things, we are a youth club. Not a rehab center. What we can do is give them info about rehabilitation and resources but we do not specialize in dealing with kids under the influence. And I absolutely don't want anyone to feel comfortable enough to come into it smelling/wtv. And as paranoid as this seems, I don't want them to start selling/buying wtv at my work. This actually happened at our previous location, before I worked there, bc employees let it slide and eventually it became a spot where kids would buy, sell and get regularly smashed at. All around much younger kids. So. Nope. Not happening while I'm here.

So weed was recently legalized and I made a post on our fb page reminding youth/parents that we still have a zero tolerance policy. Nothing surprising. We are ALSO located inside of a SCHOOL. But regardless of where we are located we have this policy. No exceptions.

Some dude who looks like he's in his late thirties and looks stoned out of his fucking mind in most of his pics, and who I have NEVER met and who has kids too young to even come to our club, comments about how the policy is "messed up" bc aren't we "supposed to help kids". He kept repeating "this is just my opinion" like a neckbeard, fedora wearing, basement dwelling white dude who has to play "devil's advocate" or throw his two cents in even if he doesn't have ANY idea what services we provide to kids in need and what we do. like. it annoyed me. I started typing a really professional reply to let him know we take appropriate actions when we believe the environment is compromised, etc and what else we do for kids. then decided wtv. this dude is a nobody. so i just banned him from the fb page lmao. it was so annoying. i'm just not gonna post stuff like that again, i even deleted the post but jesus. way to twist something. also weird that an older dude who active on a youth club page idk? none of the staff knew him either so he wasn't a mutual friend.

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/31 09:30:40 )
@nyreen: there are a lot of trolls and fake accounts on facebook just be careful, I would have been annoyed if I would have delt with that person.

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/31 18:40:53 )
@Unicorn: yeah idk, that's another reason why i didn't bother answering. it was an obnoxious comment and either that person was *that* dumb to never think maybe we do all we can for the kids, given our experience, environment and knowledge or they were trolling. >>

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/31 19:31:04 )
@nyreen: I am pretty sure that they were trolling there are a lot of trolls on there. I barely go on there because of that reason.

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/11/1 02:56:09 )
@Unicorn: it's nut how many fake troll accounts there are on fb now

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/11/1 03:52:02 )
@nyreen: That is also true, so how was your Halloween

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/11/1 04:09:14 )
@Unicorn: rly good, we took out a group of kids to tick o' treat :)

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/11/1 04:11:27 )
@nyreen: well that is great to hear did all of you have fun?

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/11/10 19:22:00 )
@Unicorn: hey sorry i've been gone for a bit. yeah it was super fun! :)

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/11/11 01:39:27 )
@nyreen: it is alright, and I am glad to hear that you had a lot of fun.

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/11/13 05:34:25 )
@Unicorn: oh i love your avatar

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/11/13 08:59:49 )
@nyreen: awe thank you for loving my avatar it took a lot of time to create it the other night.

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/11/27 00:09:34 )
@Unicorn: how are you?

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/11/27 09:06:31 )
@nyreen: I am okay, but I haven't really been online much at all. how are you doing?

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/11/28 08:02:38 )
@Unicorn: really tired tbh and draind by my job rn
call me grem
they/them

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/11/28 08:08:27 )
@nyreen: awe I am so sorry to hear that, and I am drinking a star bucks limited edition peppermint mocha coffee taste yummy.
If you can’t say something nice, Don’t say anything at all!

Voltie — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/11/29 18:49:49 )
@Unicorn: Ahhhhh, that sounds so amazing, I love peppermint so much and putting it in coffee was always the greatest thing to have, ahhhh!!! Hazelnut almond coffee is the best though, so vegan and good!!!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.