Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Artist Galleries V.A.G - Voltra Artist Gallery - Page Prizes

Donator — V.A.G Posted 12 months ago ( 2023/05/15 18:43:42 )
@Valefor: yeah thats true, honestly it's sad cause they were so much fun to get to know people from all over the world, all different walks of life. I think the younger generations could use that these days lol

@MoodyB: I ended up winning on at the auction. It was a Wacom one digital drawing tablet with screen. I was hoping to win the other one but in all honesty I'm glad I didn't. I'd rather spend a little right now and see if it's something I actually like and want to use and then slurge more later. But I'm excited so I'll have to play around with it soon and see how it goes haha

Voltie — Moody Posted 12 months ago ( 2023/05/15 21:52:16 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Mandy Amour: Ooo fun.
I was window shopping looking at my screen tablet i want. roughly will cost me $500 but I also need to replace and build my own pc. this laptop on its last legs lol

Donator — V.A.G Posted 12 months ago ( 2023/05/16 01:56:54 )
@MoodyB: I'm lucky I have my laptop from school, it's only a year old and amazing so I just have to get the drawing tablet. I'm hoping it goes well honestly because if so I'll be more willing to spend a higher amount of money on an even better one lol but hey it's a start! Pick it up tomorrow and I'm so excited but also trying not to get out of hand cause I know iysgoing to be a curve ball figuring it out and adjusting lol I don't want to be disappointed haha

I wish I had the time to build a PC, I've seen some Stellar ones from friends of mine and I love how personalized they are.

Voltie — Moody Posted 12 months ago ( 2023/05/16 11:44:22 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Mandy Amour: yeah it'll definitely take some time but will be fun too!

mine is like...7 years old. last summer spent money replacing a swollen battery which in turn fried everything bit the monitor. so it's just a monitor at this point. I use separate keyboard and mouse and it runs on just 4gb ram.

tho I'm debating if i should buy parts piece by piece to eventually build it or buy it in one go. lol

Donator — V.A.G Posted 12 months ago ( 2023/05/17 00:43:21 )
@MoodyB:

I don't know that I see much of a difference to be honest xD maybe I'm doing something wrong haha

Voltie — Moody Posted 12 months ago ( 2023/05/17 01:25:50 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Mandy Amour: did you download the drivers for the tablet? sometimes you need to restart your computer.

Donator — V.A.G Posted 12 months ago ( 2023/05/17 04:11:46 )
@MoodyB: yes, it wouldn't work without it. I was using my same program but honestly the lines are a little more rounded, less choppy. Although for my first one I should expect it looks similar as my hands aren't used to drawing on the tablet yet so I'm still a little shaky. Probably why it's so similar too. We will see. More time and practice will tell haha or maybe a new program 😅

Voltie — Moody Posted 12 months ago ( 2023/05/17 09:50:40 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Mandy Amour: sometimes tablets don't support all programs. though sometimes you need to adjust how hard and soft of pen pressure to get for smooth lines.

Donator — V.A.G Posted 12 months ago ( 2023/05/17 16:11:30 )
@MoodyB: yeah that makes sense, we'll I'll keep playing with it and my brother in law was telling me about a few programs online I can use too as a trial and see how it goes lol. For now I will say that even though there isn't much difference it took me far less time than with the laptop and mouse option lol

Voltie — Moody Posted 12 months ago ( 2023/05/17 21:23:04 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Mandy Amour: Krita is really good and free. I use krita from time to time.
though I normally use clip studio since I can add PS brushes into it.

Donator — V.A.G Posted 12 months ago ( 2023/05/17 23:53:19 )
@MoodyB: does clip studio cost money? If so do they ateast have a trial before buying so I can see if I like it enough to pay for it? Lol maybe it is the program I'm using. But like I said, at the very least it's faster lol for now

Voltie — Moody Posted 12 months ago ( 2023/05/18 01:24:21 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Mandy Amour: clip studio does cost money. they often have sales where you can get it for $20.

I believe it's 30 day trial but it doesn't let you save the art you draw in it I don't think.

what program are you using?

Donator — V.A.G Posted 12 months ago ( 2023/05/18 05:00:02 )
@MoodyB: it's an oldie, not even popular, I bought it years ago lol but I know it so I figured I'd use it first to test the waters haha it's called photofiltre studio lol

Voltie — Moody Posted 12 months ago ( 2023/05/18 05:10:44 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Mandy Amour: probably might not be supported by the tablet then as I've never heard of it. most tablets support PS, Medibang/fire alpaca, Sai etc

Donator — V.A.G Posted 12 months ago ( 2023/05/19 04:22:45 )
@MoodyB: yeah, maybe true. I'll try something different soon and see if there is a difference lol

Voltie — Moody Posted 12 months ago ( 2023/05/19 11:39:43 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Mandy Amour: sounds like a good idea.
I need to get some art done this week.

Donator — V.A.G Posted 12 months ago ( 2023/05/20 06:32:15 )
@MoodyB: I had this whole week off work, but I'm always so behind of everything cause I work so many long shifts that I still didn't have time to just relax and I go back to work next week xD I swear I need a two week vacation just to get some actual rest in haha

Oh, I hope you share here when you are done! 🥰

Voltie — Moody Posted 12 months ago ( 2023/05/21 23:02:47 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Mandy Amour: i did this about a week ago

[MARCELINE]
I need to do bubblegum next but i've been slow at making art this week lol.

Donator — V.A.G Posted 12 months ago ( 2023/05/22 04:34:23 )
@MoodyB: that is beautiful! I love it! The highlights are perfect! I haven't been overly motivated either, I don't know why, I love to use the new tablet but I've just been mainly doodling trying to figure it out lol. Nothing spectacular from me. I did do this little pieces I can show you below, nothing fancy lol

Voltie — Moody Posted 12 months ago ( 2023/05/22 05:06:21 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Mandy Amour: I've just haven't felt good and been a tad stressed as I've been deciding how on earth to make future plans to move out as rl hss been super stressful. so I've only been playing games.

thank you! she is my most proud piece right now.

Love the pose on your drawing super cute!

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.