Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Artist Galleries V.A.G - Voltra Artist Gallery - Page Prizes

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/30 04:40:54 )
@MoodyBats: Try to memorize the muscle groups and learn to see the landmarks in reference pictures so you can orient yourself with perspective and proportion. You have to do alot of nude figure drawing too to really understand human anatomy unfortunately.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/30 04:50:08 )

@apollo im burning: Hahaha That's totally cool though. Just shows that you love the game!
Right? He heals himself a lot. I love playing as him or Solider 76 because they can heal themselves. That way I don't have to rely on a healer to heal me because let's be honest, sometimes they can't heal everyone. :/
I used to play as Moira when they first came out, they're really good I think and Pharah is so fun with them rockets. lmao
Omg YES! I'd love to get better as Hanzo! I use him sometimes when I'm in a skirmish. Best time I think to use him. That or the training place.

Voltie — Moody Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/30 05:37:35 )

Batsy Says. . .

@Saeyra: Yeah true. I will get to work on studying that!
And i feel i need to have muscle memory on how things work too.
I need to be consistent with my work which i am not XD
so past 2-3 days? i've been doing gesture drawing and also drawing in 3D too to see if that helps any.

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/30 10:37:15 )
@MoodyBats: Those are both really awesome exercises for your skills! You are gonna improve alot if you keep it up.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/30 18:03:12 )

@Boss Rimi: Soldier was definitely the first character I played as. c: I was so hesitant to choose others because even though I'm still bad now, I was definitely worse back then. xD But I'm so glad I finally tried other characters, lol. But I totally get about the healing. That's why I try to play characters that can heal themselves or back out super fast. xD
I actually ended up turning off skirmish because I heard (idk if it's true or not, lol) that it's faster to find a match that way. o w o But maybe I can just try to find something casual in the "create a game" section or whatever it's called, lol.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/30 20:37:59 )

@apollo im burning: Yeah, I remember once I played as...McCree I think and I needed healing like badly. I even said I needed healing and I just see Mercy fly off to help a D.Va instead and I died. Like, ugh. xD
Hold up, you can turn off Skirmish? o . o I didn't know this. Oh yes, creating games is a good way to like just chill and get some nice practice in. Heheh
It's also super nice to explore maps. I've done that before.

Voltie — Moody Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/30 20:59:45 )

Batsy Says. . .

@Saeyra: YAY! I was not sure if they were going to do anything.
past 2 days I have drawn 17 different poses.
so I am proud of that at least.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/30 23:25:27 )

@Boss Rimi: omg, yeah, I've had that happen, too. Dx The one instance where it annoyed me the most though was when I was teamed up with a group in voice chat and I said I needed healing (I was even right next to them), and she was like, "wait, I'm healing tank" but she said it like she was annoyed, and I died the next instance. It was terrible. It's not like I'm saying it to be annoying, sheesh. Whenever I'm healer I switch to other low health chars when tank is at least halfway full, lol. Unless I really need them alive.
And yup, you can. :D Should be in the options section, or something. c: Which maps do you like the most? o:

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/31 00:41:29 )
@MoodyBats: That's really good. Give it a week or two and then compare to see how much you have improved.

Voltie — Moody Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/31 00:50:46 )

Batsy Says. . .

@Saeyra: Yeah i definitely will.
I am gonna try to keep bumping up drawing more bodies too.
Gradually though.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website] | [Twitter] | [Instagram] | [Tumblr]

Voltie — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/31 02:23:45 )

@apollo im burning: Omg that is just hella rude. Some healers just stick to healing their friends I guess. D: Whenever I'm Lucio, I'm always making sure everyone is ready but it's hard when some of them run off or something cause if I chase them down then chances are the others will die. Dx
Huh, I'll have to check that out then next time I play.
Hmm, I love Hanamura, Anubis (I like looking up Anubis' skirt like a perv), Numbani, Oasis, Dorado, Illios, and Li Jang Tower. I think that's it. Can't think of others.
What about you?

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/31 11:41:59 )
@MoodyBats: Just don't burn yourself out. Slow and steadily build the habits like draw right as you wake up or before you sleep

Voltie — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/31 13:21:53 )

My part of an art trade with my friend xSugarTokki~ Her OC Forest Nymph <3

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/31 15:43:20 )
@Lydiachan22: Lydiaaa I love seeing your art here it brightens up my day it's so pure and sweet.

Always ping me please.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/31 16:00:42 )

@saeyra: Bless yous so much to bitss hnnng <33 Thanky yous ;;////; <3

Find my illustrations here: https://twitter.com/Lydiachan22

Voltie — Overlord Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/31 18:20:13 )

So pretty!

yes, we are real

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/31 19:37:06 )

@AshTheAlien: just wanted to say hi! :D Also, your hangout link isn't working. o: I think you have to switch it from voltraonline to voltra.us

@Boss Rimi: Yeah. :c And omg, I feel you, lol. Sometimes I get so torn between going to someone who's a bit out of the way vs staying with the majority of the team, and then they die, so I'm like, "well, that solves my problem" lmao.
As for maps, I like Hanamura (the blossoms are so pretty), Rialto, Route 66, Eichenwalde, King's Row, Ilios, Lijiang Tower, Black Forest, Castillo, and Château Guillard.
That Anubis comment made me laugh, omg. xD
And I know I mentioned the Summer Games event coming back soon, but I just read that it's very likely to be next week, so I'm super excited for new skins! c:

pls don't

Voltie — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/31 19:59:30 )

@apollo im burning: Yeah, it's a tough choice. I kinda feel bad when they die but for the most part I'm like, 'That's what you get when you stray too far away!' xP
Rialto...is that the one with the boats? Man I forgot about Eichenwalde, that's a pretty nice map. Black forest is nice too but I get slaughtered whenever I play that map.
Haha, I'm happy to have made you laugh! :D (It's like one of the reasons I get killed so fast. I'm too busy being a peeping tom and then BAM, get killed. Oops, no regrets though.)
Omg, next week? Ahhh How exciting! By the way, what are your thoughts on the new hero?

Voltie — Overlord Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/31 20:35:14 )

@apollo im burning: I fixed it, should work now. I didn't even notice the address had changed >.>

yes, we are real

Voltie — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/31 20:38:52 )

Hello everyone! -waves-

And I thought saltine crackers were salty.
Chat with me here if you wanna!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.