Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Traveling! Suggestions and advice?

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/20 00:00:40 )
In about a month I will be traveling to Japan & Thailand! Exciting right? But I'm only going to be in Japan for 3 days & Thailand for 5 days so it will be Jam packed! I've been looking online for like example itineraries and some are good but I would still like for some suggestions from you guys :)

For Japan, I'll only be staying in Tokyo & Thailand I'll be in Bangkok.

So anyone been to any of these places? What should I do and where especially should I go eat? I'm a total glutton xD

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/20 00:54:59 )
@Xaria: Never been to Japan but my sister went last November & she says that visiting the Kawaii Monster Cafe is def something that should be done
Akihabara, Harajuku, Shibuya, Ikebukuro, Asakusa & Shinjuku are places that she went & places she recommended for me but ofc do what you can & within your range of transportation - if your gonna use the train to also get around I'd be wary of rush hour times due to how cramped it can get tho if you do use the train as well - my sister says it's quiet & unlike how trains are in america
people don't use their phones on the train via a call because it's rude & so they'll wait until their off the train to call who ever back
also: there are apparently no public trashcans so people will hold onto their trash / drink the bottle of whatever outside of the convenience store (like down all of it) & then go back inside to toss it since there is really no public trash (same with the vending machines that you see) & jay walking is heavily frowned upon there - even if there are 100& no cars & you have time to get across people won't j walk & just wait
- the more you know -
ouo

Def try the crepes & that fresh sushi dude
Takoyaki, Taiyaki, Mochi, Yakisoba, Okonomiyaki, Wagashi, Mitarashi dango & def try Yōkan
All the different types of Onigiri as well
stop into a 7/11 too! they got a lotta stuff that we don't have in america LIKE SWEET BREAD FILLED WITH WHIPPED CREAM

& I hope you have a fun fun time /)uwu(\

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/20 02:27:32 )

@Xaria: hi. I’ve traveled to Japan once but I know the language. What kinda things do you like? What are your hobbies? That could help narrow it down. There is a ton to see and do there. Also what is your budget? How comfortable are you on subways? (It’s clean and safe)

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/20 19:28:32 )
@insomniapatient: Monster cafe? Sounds interesting! I want to go to at least one of their animal cafes :)
Oh wow didn't know about the lack of trash cans and I could understand why Jay walking is frowned upon. Japanese seem to be very strict on abiding rules. Omg I can't wait to see the 7/11 and just convenience stores in general. I heard Japan has great bentos!

@totalanimefan: I got a minor in Japanese but don't use it often so I don't think I'm any good. Probably forgot most of it xD haha. Anyway hmm since I'm only staying there for 3 days, I think I want to do some tourist things like temples and general popular places for nice photos! Other than that, I'm really excited about the food. Do you know any good buffets? I think my budget is hopefully I don't go over 1000$. I don't mind subways either. Do they have something like Lyft or uber?

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/20 21:45:46 )

@Xaria: I don’t think they have Lyft or Uber. I think at one point they had Uber then it was banned? Something like that.
The subway is very easy to use. The ticket machines are also in English.
I recommend Shinjuku Gyoen (it’s a huge Central Park with Japanese gardens, English and French gardens. It’s super beautiful.
Shibuya crossing is pretty awesome too. Just go out from the train station and you will find it. It’s the busiest crossing in the world.
Pretty much any ramen shop will be good. If you see there is a wait it will probably taste even better. People will wait for good food.

If you like anime or electronics then I recommend going to Akihabara. The Mecca for them.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.