Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat How Did You Come Up With Your Username?

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/19 15:13:45 )
Got confused with a different topic, but then I thought, what the heck? Let's tell each other how we came up with our Voltra usernames and such! Mine is my artist name and the story behind it is that on a different website, my user was Lucretia Lien. I got bored one day and dressed up my avatar as a male demon. Went to chat with a friend and some guy came up to us, calling me Lucre for short. I replied "That's LORD Lucre to you!" I liked the sound of it so much, I decided to adopt it. So how about you guys? What are your stories?

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/19 15:22:43 )
X X X

I was on a different avatar site and wanted a different username.

I decided I wanted to be Dutch and from the area I was born. I'm a sadist and realised the English language doesn't have an ui sound like Dutch. It would become even harder in the old Dutch spelling, with a J behind it.

And Tuijp was born.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/19 15:24:42 )

I am named after a Before The Dawn song.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/19 15:43:01 )
I name myself after plant genera that starts with "I" for no reason.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/19 16:41:46 )

@bum: Are you telling me you are not a bum? :0 XD

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/19 16:51:34 )
Branny was a nickname of mine back in my school days. When I joined Gaia back in '05 I needed a name and I went with Branny.

Every Avatar site I've joined over the years, my name would be Branny.

Voltie — Nayu Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/19 17:27:05 )
@LordLucre: So I’ve three.. <3
Alatariel - She has been my OC since.. We’ll say it’s going on 13+ years I’ve had her? She’s been around for a while. I use it anywhere possible.This name was made during a Lord of the Rings obsession. Alatariel is my name in Elvish according to one of the sites that did elvish names. This is a name I am most widely known for. Everyone online calls me Ala, lol.

Artemis - this OC is new, but I have always loved this name. Stems from my love for Harry Potter, if i’m honest with myself, from Newt’s full name.

Laniakea - This is a brand new one. Newer than Artemis. Still processing how I want to do the OC. This one stems from a supercluster of stars and I just fell in love with the name and what it means.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/19 17:29:13 )
My username is part anime reference(Onsen Mark from Urusei Yatsura), and part IRL(no bonus points for guessing what my name is).

Voltie — Nayu Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/19 17:30:09 )
@Tuijp: I’ve always said your name out loud as “Tu-Jip”... just now realizing that’s probably so very incorrect LOL.

How would an English speaking person pronounce it? :x
Ping me for attention. I tend to wander.

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/19 17:35:02 )
@Artemis: They all sound like good stories to me!

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/19 17:39:32 )
@Artemis: I Imagine it sounds like "twip" but maybe that's just me. :viosweat:
See what conventions I'll be at next

Final Fantasy XV: Worst. Bachelor Party. EVER.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/19 17:52:06 )
Uhhhhh because I look and sound like a mouse and decided that I’d better embrace it.

Other names I’ve gone through stupid amounts of research to find the perfect name and then I end up changing it anyway. XD

Please ping! I get distracted easily.

Donator — ♥? Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/19 17:56:46 )

peaches are a good fruit, and I like the peach emoji
Basic ol me over here

I also have a mule named Mesprit
Damn cute pokemon

FC SW-5104-7051-7446

Donator — Troglodyte Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/19 18:30:17 )

It was the shortened version of a name for an OC i never used. Vermiina.
I just liked the sound of it.

Donator — he/him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/19 18:48:27 )
Kai says...

well, it started on some korean rpg (i forgot the name) i wanted “Kai” (my name) but it was taken, so i went with Kairo, and then on ANOTHER game i wanted Kairo, but that was taken, so i added Sama on the end, and now I am KairoSama wherever i go uwu

Thank you for listening!

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/19 19:13:41 )

This is legally my first and middle names, lol.

♯Take me away upon a plateau, Far, far away from fears and shadow, Strengthen my heart in times of sorrow, Light the way to bright tomorrows♯
My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/19 21:09:31 )
@KairoSama: That actually reminds me a bit of when my brother and I were trying to come up with my PSN name. Everything I put was rejected and I was getting extremely annoyed. He took the controller and typed in something without letting me see. Ended up being Annoyed_By_You(now changed to Annoyed_By_U since I couldn't access the original) and it stuck.
Lucifer's Pet

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/19 21:55:04 )

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/19 22:53:14 )

I used the name Lullibee for several years until I made a character in FFXIV. I wanted to be a lalafell and the name didn't fit the lore very well, so I came up with Lullifi Lufi. I started using Lufi instead of Lullibee for most websites. Sometimes it's taken and I'll use a different name.

Donator — he/him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/19 22:53:19 )
Kai says...

@LordLucre: HAHA the amount of times ive almost done that oh my gosh
coming up with usernames can be so hard when EVERYTHING is taken :(

Thank you for listening!

Shop | Art Thread | used to be cowboy belphie, buggaboy, kairosama | forum bunny by kouenli

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.