Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Almost Gave Myself Another Work Headache

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/21 00:16:15 )
It's been forever since I've had to do over 100+ screens for just one assignment instead of separating them all into bits and pieces. @_@ Geez... But it means more money, so yay?

Voltie — Moon-Cat Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/21 01:08:05 )
@LordLucre: Don't get a headache those are smelly. Trust me I'm a professional.

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/21 01:25:15 )
@Garrister: Yeah, I'm taking a break from it. No way am I working myself into a headache again like I did years ago!

Voltie — Moon-Cat Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/21 01:48:52 )
@lordlucre: That sounds upsetting. I can't recall a time I had a work/stress induced headache. If I had experienced that, it would've been during my time in a project management tech course, but I sort of have a bad brain and can't remember either way 🤷‍♂️

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/21 01:58:39 )
@Garrister: I just tended to overdo it back then, but I've learned to pace myself instead of trying to get it all done in one day.

Voltie — Moon-Cat Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/21 02:01:13 )
@lordlucre: That's good 👍 I'm sort of the opposite, I have difficulty motivating myself and tend to draw things out longer than they need to be.

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/21 02:02:23 )
@Garrister: I just prefer having it over and done with as fast as possible(especially since getting paid sometimes takes a while...).

Voltie — Moon-Cat Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/21 02:03:47 )
@lordlucre: Yeah that makes sense. Money is a very very good thing :frizzhappy:

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/21 02:05:44 )
@Garrister: Especially since I may buy a new phone with the funds. My current is starting to show signs of dying. ;o;

Voltie — Moon-Cat Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/21 02:11:10 )
@lordlucre: Man I could use a new phone. I'm job hunting atm, but it's safe to say that'll be one of my first big purchases. I'd like to get an actual gaming computer one day too, but that is about a million years from now

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/21 03:20:48 )
@Garrister: Yeah, the curse of job hunting... > < Do I not like it. Been trying to find another job to add to the one I currently have, but no luck as of yet.

Voltie — Moon-Cat Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/21 03:26:08 )
@lordlucre: I see I see. I live in a really small town, so finding a job that isn't about a half-hour drive away is proving to be an issue. I may have to just get over it, I mean I can't just twiddle my thumbs forever 😐

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/21 13:29:41 )
@Garrister: Yeah, I get that. If I get a call back from this supermarket chain, I'd have to drive to my hometown every day, which is like 20-35 minutes away, depending on traffic.
Lucifer's Pet

Voltie — Moon-Cat Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/21 14:45:57 )
@Sirlionelnigelconrad: I can imagine. The tech program wasn't so bad overall, but I don't think I could ever handle an actual career in that field.

Voltie — Moon-Cat Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/21 14:50:08 )
@sirlionelnigelconrad: Well sir, you have my best wishes 😔

To be honest, I went into the program thinking it was focused on graphic design. I wrote "graphic design" on the application and everything, and nobody corrected me or suggested I go to the campus further away, which actually had graphic design. But I think in the end it was better that I stayed there. We did a lot of multi-media work, so I ended up gaining all sorts of experience with different things.

Voltie — Moon-Cat Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/21 15:54:13 )
@sirlionelnigelconrad: Right now I'm trying to find a job actually. Once I have some income I was intending to maybe look into online college or something like that, probably for some kind of computer programming. If I do get into graphic design as something I can earn money for, it'll probably be supplementary work through something like Fiverr 🙂
...And with that, he was gone.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.