Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Long hair sucks!

Voltie — Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/25 18:01:32 )

I've had short hair the majority of my life. I've been growing it out for about 2-3 years now and it down to the middle of my butt crack! :viocry: It's so annoying! it keeps getting caught in everything, maintaining it is a pain. And to top it all of its HOT as heck where I live. My bf loves my long hair, but I'm to the point where I've had enough lol.

Donator — he/him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/25 18:19:05 )

i recently got mine cut after having it long for basically all my life and i am so HAPPY
long hair is pretty but it’s a dang pain

Shop | Art Thread | used to be cowboy belphie, buggaboy, kairosama | forum bunny by kouenli

Voltie — Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/25 18:20:41 )

@koneko: I miss feeling the breeze on my head. But having long hair in the winter is def convenient, keeps your head warm lol

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/25 19:02:15 )

the only issue I really have with mine is that it's got a ton of split ends and shit all throughout from years of not taking proper care of it, but it takes so long to grow out that I don't wanna cut it to get rid of them. life is suffering When the underside of my hair finally grows out long enough that it can be tied again (it was an undercut), I'll probably cut the top half to match and get rid of some of those dead ends.
Otherwise, I just tie it up when I'm doing any kind of activity where it might otherwise get in the way, or when it's really hot out, and I'm good. I actually find short hair more inconvenient for me, as it requires more maintenance. Plus it just ain't my style. But to each their own.

AKA Count Trashula

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/25 19:03:49 )

You could also keep it somewhere in the middle. My hair is just past the shoulder. Not to long and not to short.

Donator — Trashboat Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/25 19:35:48 )
oh man I hear you.I had super short hair for the longest time too. Its such a wonderful feeling isn't it. And so lightweight. I've been growing mine out for a couple of years, so it isn't super long, but I got this thick ass frizzy hair. It's so hot and heavy. You get all these tangles....gosh I miss short hair. I'm thinking about shaving one side of it maybe.
Shop | Hangout | Quest

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/26 04:43:02 )
My hair is currently just a little below chin-length, so it's manageable.

I remember having long hair years ago and the struggles that come with maintaining it.
I much prefer to keep mine relatively short.

Donator — Whatever Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/26 05:25:22 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

Mine's to the small of my back
Gonna wait a year or two to see if it grows even longer
If it does I'll keep growing
If not imma lop it to about the length my usual hair on here is, maybe a bit shorter

Put ya guns awn!

questShop

Donator — Trash Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/26 05:42:22 )

I love long hair, but I have to agree that maintaining it is a paiiinnn.
I live in tropical weather so its always super hot, plus I always have to buy extra hair products cause my hair just uses up a lot of it .

Art Thread | Garage Sale

Donator — She Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/26 07:14:45 )
I have had short hair and long hair [as a child] and though short hair is low maintenance, I really like my longer hair. I feel like it's the same either way for me because one way to get my hair to sit right and not cowlick [shorter] i have to blow dry my hair, which means frizzy and dry. Longer hair i just wash, condition with some curl smoothie, then let it go or pin it up. But then again, I'm just kinda lazy. And blowdrying irritates me. xD
Ping me for fast replies!
https://youtu.be/y4IF2WtkgtM

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/26 13:51:17 )
I have hair down past my hips. It’s not that hard to take care of?

I literally just have to brush it, and put hair nutrients in it on occasion. O_o;;

Do you guys all have super curly hair or something? I’ve heard that can be a nightmare to keep long.

Oh my love, I know you are my candyman
And oh my love, let us fly to bounty land~~

Közi (“Kouji.”)
He/him

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/26 14:13:55 )
@Misint: I def feel you! I once grew my hair past my butt and I will never do that again. I shed a ton of hair and THEY ARE EVERYWHERE, literally! I'm quite used to having long hair but not that long.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.