Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Has anyone used AliExpress

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/16 15:26:02 )
There’s a lot of cute items I wanna buy! But I’m a bit suspicious since they don’t take PayPal

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/16 16:33:41 )

I used it many times. It's pretty save. If you don't get your item after 90 days you can contact the store you have ordered from. If they don't reply you can file a despute and Aliexpress will refund your money. Always look at the rating of a store. The higher the better. To find the rating once you are looking at an item scroll down a bit and then in the left sidebar you will find it.

SirLionelNigelConrad is right about the quality. It could be if you buy something real cheap the quality is also less.

Also because most stores offer free shipping or cheap shipping it could take up to 90 days to get your item. So if you are looking for super fast shipping Aliexpress is not the place.

Donator — A.I. Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/16 16:46:53 )

I haven't used the app, but I've bought from AliBaba before which is its parent company. The seller was nice and responsive and the whole transaction went off without a hitch. Bought an awesome handmade Kantha quilt that's beautiful and has character. The items themselves are usually pretty cheap but the shipping can get you if you opt for anything other than free / basic. I've actually been considering buying another quilt so they're definitely worth buying from, but be prepared to wait a while or fork over some cash if you don't want to wait too long lol. Though it's kinda nice when you buy something and forget about it, cause then when it finally shows up, it's like a little mystery present. xD

please ping me if you need my attention! || be excellent to each other ♥
[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/16 18:08:26 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

I’ve used Ali Baba before for making concert stuff to sell, and my friend likes to buy random stuff from Ali Express. xD The only downside I have experienced from any of these sites is that most of the stuff is prolly made in and shipped from China (lawl, what isn’t these days?).
I haven’t had a problem yet, but I always pay with my credit card so that if things go south, I can always dispute the charge.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/16 18:54:59 )
SirLionelNigelConrad:
It's pretty safe. Ali Express is the little brother of Ali Baba. Of traditional lore, Ali Baba was a carpenter who discovered a thieves den filled with riches and opened the secret door by saying "open sesame!" The joke being there is a lot of great stuff there.

Ali Baba is a wholesaler that connects manufacturing to retailers. If you want to buy 10000 plastic bins, Ali Baba is your place to be. If you want to buy 1 plastic bin, you go to Ali Express. You could say it's the more consumer end.

As always you are dealing with not just a store but a retail front end. You take a risk in the quality of product you may get. Think of it like buying on eBay.

Always remember the golden rule of commerce: you get what you pay for.

oh this is really in depth, thank you! I’m willing to take some risks if the item is sh*t quality but I just want to make sure it’ll actually show up lol

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/16 18:56:40 )
vengeance:

I used it many times. It's pretty save. If you don't get your item after 90 days you can contact the store you have ordered from. If they don't reply you can file a despute and Aliexpress will refund your money. Always look at the rating of a store. The higher the better. To find the rating once you are looking at an item scroll down a bit and then in the left sidebar you will find it.

SirLionelNigelConrad is right about the quality. It could be if you buy something real cheap the quality is also less.

Also because most stores offer free shipping or cheap shipping it could take up to 90 days to get your item. So if you are looking for super fast shipping Aliexpress is not the place.

glad to see all of these positive comments! will def buy a few items and see how it goes~

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/16 19:59:04 )

I actualy just ordered something there again earlier this week. It was for my dad.

Donator — Trash Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/17 01:57:30 )

Since 1103 posts.

Ohhh I love using Aliexpress! I'd treat it like eBay and pay attention to reviews.

Art Thread | Garage Sale

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/18 01:33:52 )

[ The one thing to be careful with on Aliexpress is stolen artwork. If that doesn't bother you, it's fine. If that does, just make sure to keep an eye out for stuff that's obviously stolen. ]

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.