Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk Nearly half of all Americans have worn the same underwear for days, study claims

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/21 22:54:57 )

How long do you wear your underwear before putting on a clean pair?

According to a new survey by under maker Tommy John , 45% of Americans wear their underwear two days or longer.

Tommy John surveyed 2,000 men and women about their underwear-wearing habits.

The shocking findings include:

13% of those surveyed wear the same pair of underwear for a week or more
Men are more likely to wear underwear for more than a week
46% of those surveyed have owned a pair of underwear for a year or more and 38% say they have no idea how long they have had the same underwear.

Rest of the article here

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/21 22:58:14 )
I only wear a pair for a day, maybe two at most. o_o' Only time I wore it for longer was when we got hit by hurricane Maria and we didn't have electric or water service. No showers, no washing clothes, nothing.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/21 23:01:43 )

Considering the company that did the survey they most likely asked their costumers. And they have money. A three pack of boxers costs atleast $100

Donator — Trashboat Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/21 23:06:54 )
yeah I change my underwear after a day usually. Sometimes I’ll wear them for two days. >_> any longer than that...it doesn’t feel right. Sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do though.
Shop | Hangout | Quest

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/21 23:07:07 )
Must be some boxers if a three pack costs so much.
Lucifer's Pet

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/21 23:41:22 )
Whaaaaat???!!
Gross

I would say I probably go like 12 hours in the same ones?
I don’t sleep in them at all unless it’s that time.

So that means I change them daily? 🤣
Please ping! I get distracted easily.

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/21 23:41:50 )
TSUN ★ TSUN ★ TSUN (≖︿≖✿)

LMFAO, I want to see where in the U.S. they conducted the survey. I think the only time I’ve worn the same pair was when I unexpectedly spent the night at a friend’s.
Excluding period panties, I own the same undies for years. I pay good money for them and won’t throw them out until they start showing wear and tear.

(✿ ♡‿♡) DERE ★ DERE ★ DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Donator — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/21 23:56:34 )
yeah that's me. I dunno, I never really get gross unless the weather is hot or I'm really active. and also I'm single so it doesn't really matter.

Ping me!

Hangout

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/22 00:38:46 )

"Throw your underwear away every 6 months, wash it separately from everything else, and hey, while you're wasting tons of money, buy our extremely overpriced underwear because anyone who doesn't is gross!"
mmkay.

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/22 01:07:21 )

koneko:

I stand strongly behind it depends what you did that day.
If I'm outside on a summer day I've changed my underwear (and clothes) two times in a single day.
HOWEVER. If I'm mostly inside doing nothing for three days, I probably won't change at all.

Yeah, pretty much this... since I realize I was too busy snarking at the "study" to answer the actual question lol
I treat my underwear much the same as my other clothes, except with more frequent changes. If it's clean and I'm not leaving the house, well for one, you'll be lucky if I'm even wearing it at all, but if I am, I'm probably not assed to change it. It's not like I don't bathe. But if I've been out, sweating, etc? Yeah, that's going in the hamper ASAP.

ALWAYS PING ME

Donator — Whatever Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/22 03:45:43 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

To be that person

I pretty much change when my underwear gets wet
Or when I'm bored
So every ~3 weeks, roughly
Tho if I bleed through I do change out again

Put ya guns awn!

Donator — He Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/22 04:35:00 )

depends on the place as well i guess
i live in a tropical country...
so with the heat & humidity here, wearing your underwear more than 12 hours = gross xD

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/22 06:25:55 )

I have definitely owned most of my underwear pairs for longer than a year. The cheap stuff gets holes in it pretty quickly so you have to throw it out or just use it for period underwear.
Also never put your bras in the dryer! It ruins them.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/22 06:28:40 )

@Kitalpha Hart: hey. I have an honest question.
Do you put the same underwear again after you shower?

Donator — Whatever Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/22 07:05:54 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

@Totalanimefan: yup
Unless it's got something in it, like blood or mud or something

Put ya guns awn!

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/22 07:32:22 )

@Kitalpha Hart: ah I see. Sometimes I wear the same underwear the next day but not if I take a shower. I use it to try to be good and put on fresh skincare and clothes lol

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — Whatever Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/22 07:42:16 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

@Totalanimefan: the only reason my work shorts are being washed right now is cuz some blood got on them too
They and my work shirt got washed...six weeks ago? If not longer?
I'm really bad with the laundry thing
And I wear the same pjs for days on end

Put ya guns awn!

quest♤Shop

Donator — A.I. Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/22 19:36:19 )

I put on a clean pair whenever I shower, which is 5-6 days a week (I usually don't shower on days I don't go to work, unless I'm going out somewhere). And I can definitely say I've owned a lot of my underwear for close to 10 years, some of them even longer. xD

Bras are a different story. I'll wear them over and over again...until they start getting visibly dirty c': and to think there are people who wash them after every use lol

please ping me if you need my attention! || be excellent to each other ♥
[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.